NYT publishes anon op-ed from sr admin official: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Admin

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
That won't give the People an operational if crippled Executive branch. We need that. It's just that simple.

Maybe, the only way to get the Republicans HOR and Senate to act is to lose the "guardrails". The prospect of a train wreck in the executive branch is the awful thing that has to happen to begin to reverse the trend towards an autocratic kleptocracy.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
As a matter of any practical improvement, I couldn't decide whether the Op-Ed-Anonymous would have any lasting effect except to show what a sick, crippled, incompetent, traitorous disease the Trumpie White-House is.

I've been slapped in the face just for being a moderate American citizen every time that Disgusting Filth with the Orangutan hair appears on the news. He ruins my day -- every day -- for the last 660 days or so.

I can't count the cost to me in dollars of health-care, and I don't know if feeling disgusted has a dollar value. But the point is this.

Today, it was a lot more than just an enema of sunshine to watch the live broadcast from the Urbana Campus of Illinois State U. I recorded it. Now, when the Traitor-in-Chief appears to slap me in the face again, I've got something better to watch until it starts to get stale.

I just can't be as good as Obama says we must be. Here's an anecdote about taking my 93-year-old Moms to the medical clinic. My problem -- I probably need a hearing aid, because my voice is loud, even when I whisper:

ME: Moms? Isn't it good that we are at the doctor's this morning? We don't have to watch that disgusting traitor-in-chief on the morning news . . .

MOMS: You mean that man -- what's his name? -- with the stupid hair?

ME: Yes -- Trump.

MOMS: Oh, yeah. Trump.

[Last year, we were visited by a county social-worker, and they were asking Moms questions to assess her memory. "Who is the President?" She said "Obama?" She's had trouble fixing Trump in her mind. Who wouldn't?]

ME: You know, sometimes I worry that the trauma of watching that Slug on TV will set you back on your cognitive decline, Moms.

[Another man, about 60 and in a wheel-chair, interrupted.]

TRUMPIE #1: Oh, please! I've heard enough! Keep it to yourself!

TRUMPIE #2: Yeah! That's two of us! A majority!

ME: Not in California, Buddy! And I suggest you look around the room -- there's a silent majority here!
[Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, African-Americans. I was comfortable in my reasonable assumptions and probability likelihood functions. TRUMPIE #2 was called in for his appointment, and left. I bent over and tried to whisper to Moms.]

ME: Moms? You know, it's a good thing I'm responsible for taking care of you. The way I feel these days, I could get arrested for assault . . . without the restraint of responsible obligations . . .

TRUMPIE #1: [After a pause] I think it's nice you're taking care of your Moms. I have a son, and he feels like you do. But . . . Can't we agree to disagree?

ME: We can agree to disagree, when they build the Space Force, and you and your fellow lunatic space-aliens can finally return to your home galaxy, Buddy! We're lower than crocodile piss now, but we will be great again when that happens!

And I still think, with trick questions, I'm going to ruin a Trumpie's day whenever I find one for the next 20 years. Nuthin' you can do about it, Quislings! The only reason I don't punch space-aliens in the face: they're protected by the Rule of Law! Maybe I can provoke someone, even so. "Skin that smoke-wagon and go to work!" as Earp says in "Tombstone." The blood will be on their hands, then.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don’t really see a logical motive here, unless the author is a Pence staffer.
The intention, as per Obama's most recent speech, is continue, with no remorse of conscience, to promulgate 90% of Republican bull shit while blocking 10% of the most insane. This is not how it is supposed to be.

Reactions: tweaker2

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
The intention, as per Obama's most recent speech, is continue, with no remorse of conscience, to promulgate 90% of Republican bull shit while blocking 10% of the most insane. This is not how it is supposed to be.

Yes, I agree with that assessment. At this point I’m willing to let the WH burn down to remove all pretense and force the republicans to act. Not that that would stop the BS, Pense would carry that on. Right thinking voters still need to put Democrats in charge of the house - I just hope the blue wave materializes.

**. At first I thought you meant the intent of the op-ed.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Dunno about the percentages, but you're actually right. GOP policy is diseased, of course, but we don't need an extra helping of crazy with it.

So, uhh, when to we get to lock her up, anyway? I mean, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I still hope it's the cook who can poison him if it gets really bad.
Ha! Hah-ha! Things are THAT BAD! Moonbeam, the paragon of serene Transcendental meditation! Ok! Ok!

Free stuff from the gov'mint? We don' wan' no free stuff, except for the video loop of the final motorcade.

But I like the idea of the Medici "cook" with the vial. It just doesn't provide entertainment that can be re-played . . . . over and over . . .

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Dunno about the percentages, but you're actually right. GOP policy is diseased, of course, but we don't need an extra helping of crazy with it.
Their policies are morally bankrupt, just like their president (who’s also batshit crazy).

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Now..Trump wants Jeff Sessions to investigate the New York Times over crimes committed by printing an anonymous op-ed.

When you read this sentence its amazing how far we have come.

The president wants to investigate a newspaper because they printed a bunch of essentially mainstream opinions from an entirely unverified person about entirely unverified events and entirely unverified facts.

For all we know the senior official is like the janitorial manager or something. I mean this is insane.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
For the trump administration that lies every day and night... we don't have that much electricity!
If someone could make a machine to convert hypocrisy into energy, Republicans could power the entire country.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Yes. I used to be part of the Republican base, but I got tired of being a "useful idiot" enabling their rape of America.

LOL me too. I worked at wall street and was taught trickle down economics and to always vote Republican to lower my taxes.

Turned out anyone making less than the 1% was only given a pipe dream of tax cuts. I was only making $165k base with bonuses so I got fucked bdsm style in a gimp suit every year till I opened my eyes.

Then I walked away from the GOP!

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Ajay

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It certainly takes gall to release something of that magnitude while still being employed by the admin. Not surprised at all it ignited an honest witch hunt within the White House. You can't get away with that under any admin, certainly not one headed by narcissistic child who's only duty is to himself. This is why you wait until after Team Treason has been removed from power before releasing the barrage! Better yet, attach a copy with your resignation(s). The active subversion done, while probably warranted over sheer importance on more than a few occasions, still feeds the propaganda mill that defends Team Treason. Deep state this, fake republican that. War was probably avoided at least once, that alone makes me willing to forgive the transgressions claimed honestly. For my kids sake, I don't want to see what the next full scale modern war looks like, no matter how fearsome our military is.

Can say this though, between subversive elements of various republicans, I'll opt for the side that looks out for the Constitution rather than what Putin wants.