NYC Going through a rough patch

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
As someone who rides the train every day and has for the last 12 years I feel confident I know about it.

By all means put me on ignore though, I could not possibly care less. You should curate your environment!

And I do too.. but you could get mugged and it not happen to me.. so I could say its totally safe.. but you'd still have the trauma from it, wouldn't you?

Instead you love to show your weiner around like your weiner is bigger than everyone elses and only your viewpoint counts. Feel sorry for the people who have to put up with a miserable soul like you.

You take the bus all the way over to Sutphin instead?

Q10 to Union Turnpike.. and transfer to the E.

Formerly used to take the A.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And I do too.. but you could get mugged and it not happen to me.. so I could say its totally safe.. but you'd still have the trauma from it, wouldn't you?

Instead you love to show your weiner around like your weiner is bigger than everyone elses and only your viewpoint counts. Feel sorry for the people who have to put up with a miserable soul like you.

Q10 to Union Turnpike.. and transfer to the E.
You don’t seem to like me very much so I strongly encourage you to put me on ignore.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
You don’t seem to like me very much so I strongly encourage you to put me on ignore.

I don't like your dismissing every one else and constantly trying to comment on other people's experience or inexperience, and try and make it bigger or smaller depending on how convenient it is for you...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't like your dismissing every one else and constantly trying to comment on other people's experience or inexperience, and try and make it bigger or smaller depending on how convenient it is for you...
That’s sounds terrible. I wouldn’t want to read such awful comments.

• Haha
Reactions: repoman0

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Lol yeah no unless the A has literal xenomorphs on it I wouldn't do that.

Edit: even then it would probably look like this

View attachment 95003
1709860579202.png

Xenomorphs I can handle.

People who want to beat each other for a simple bump during rush hour when we're packed like sardines.. not so much apparently to my wife who prefers life in zen mode!

And you know the saying.. happy wife, happy life!

Q10 isn't bad.. infact there's a really good burger shop outside the Union Turnpike station. I've had it a few times I've got the munches while waiting on a bus.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
That’s sounds terrible. I wouldn’t want to read such awful comments.

Yeah it's basically you bullying people into being same as your viewpoint.

Well since I'm a New Yorker, I like my pizza just the way I like it with pineapples and no amount of bullying is gonna make me change my mind!

Screenshot_20240307_202652_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
All the trains are safe you ridiculous idiot.
That statement isn't supported by the evidence. A brief search shows an alarming number of attacks and two killings on the subway in 2024. I know you wish to play off calling in the national guard as a political stunt to placate the union, but it's not. They have a serious crime problem on the subway, and you're the only one I see denying it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That statement isn't supported by the evidence. A brief search shows an alarming number of attacks and two killings on the subway in 2024.
I know you wish to play off calling in the national guard as a political stunt to placate the union, but it's not.
It 100% is. The governor has admitted it’s not due to the crime stats, which is of course because crime in the subway is down.

Hochul acknowledged that statistically, crime is down both generally in the city and specifically on the subway. But she said that’s not what informed her decision to send in 750 National Guard troops. “We have seen a number of crimes, and again, not statistically significant, but psychologically significant,”

They have a serious crime problem on the subway, and you're the only one I see denying it.
Well that’s because I live in reality. Please though, tell me more about the state of the system I use every day and you saw on TV once. Even more so explain why the governor is admitting it’s not due to the number of crimes but for vibes reasons.

Anyone paying attention knows it’s to placate the entitled union.

• Love
Reactions: iRONic

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That statement isn't supported by the evidence. A brief search shows an alarming number of attacks and two killings on the subway in 2024. I know you wish to play off calling in the national guard as a political stunt to placate the union, but it's not. They have a serious crime problem on the subway, and you're the only one I see denying it.
93 pedestrians died in traffic accidents in NYC in 2023... 3 murders on the subway has you shaking in your boots and you are like 2k miles away... Shit, I am closer to NYC than you are and I ain't on my fainting couch, since I ain't got one.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
93 pedestrians died in traffic accidents in NYC in 2023... 3 murders on the subway has you shaking in your boots and you are like 2k miles away... Shit, I am closer to NYC than you are and I ain't on my fainting couch, since I ain't got one.
Guess what state lead homicide rate per 100k people? (2023)

Mississippi…23.7

New York…4.8

“With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23. Within Mississippi, more than 94% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Jackson.

“For Jackson, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Jackson is one in 159.”

Gotta wonder why Greenie feels so “safe” in one of the most crime ridden states in the U.S.

Reactions: ivwshane

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Now I'm convinced, tonight I'm gonna wear body armor on the A train and I'm sure I'll have photos of people cowering in fear in bullet proof vests!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Mississippi…23.7

New York…4.8

“With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23. Within Mississippi, more than 94% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Jackson.

“For Jackson, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Jackson is one in 159.”

Gotta wonder why Greenie feels so “safe” in one of the most crime ridden states in the U.S.

He lives in a gated community, and as he has proved here over many years, his brain is also in a gated community. Gated away from decency and reality in order to support his shitty right wing beliefs. The entire right wing is in a gated community of evil, hate, willful ignorance.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006

Mississippi…23.7

Ever since that colored doctor repaired his testicle everything is good in his hood.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Mississippi…23.7

New York…4.8

Oh nose! Fainting swamp boat time for Greenman

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
...minimum wage jobs were not supposed to pay good enough to support a family, buy a house, or even get ahead. ...
giphy.gif

Just ask FDR:
quote-no-business-which-depends-for-existence-on-paying-less-than-living-wages-to-its-workers-franklin-d-roosevelt-62-89-23.jpg

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
He lives in a gated community, and as he has proved here over many years, his brain is also in a gated community. Gated away from decency and reality in order to support his shitty right wing beliefs. The entire right wing is in a gated community of evil, hate, willful ignorance.
The good news is there are 3 dollar stores within a block of his gates.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Any more thoughts about the safety of the NYC subway from several thousand miles away?

It would seem if we are making judgments in that way that you are in far greater danger.
I don't think the governor here has called in the National Guard yet, though my neighbor did leave his trash cans out for near two days, and there was quite the kerfuffle when the fellow down the street put up an illegal shed in his back yard.
So yeah, it's getting out of control around here, but I do have a couple firearms that might work, and some 35 year old ammo that might fire. Pretty sure I can hold off the angry horde of polite southerners for a few weeks.
I'll keep you posted if things deteriorate further.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't think the governor here has called in the National Guard yet, though my neighbor did leave his trash cans out for near two days, and there was quite the kerfuffle when the fellow down the street put up an illegal shed in his back yard.
So yeah, it's getting out of control around here, but I do have a couple firearms that might work, and some 35 year old ammo that might fire. Pretty sure I can hold off the angry horde of polite southerners for a few weeks.
Just seems odd that you’re so concerned about murders in NYC when way more are happening far closer to you. No?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You aren't concerned the murder rate in your state is much much much higher than NY?

And here I thought you were genuinely concerned about crime.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54