- Mar 10, 2006
Sweepr, who is a master of finding leaks on Baidu, recently found a treasure trove of leaks about NVIDIA's next-gen GPU arch called Volta. I am quoting and linking his post to get this discussion started.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/nvidia-pascal-thread.2463869/page-175#post-38732785Prepare for new round of NVIDIA Volta rumors/leaks (from Baidu):
- The changes in Volta are significant, different SM structure - more than the Kepler/Maxwell transition
- Performance per watt improves at the same process (even if the process won't change)
- A Volta GPU at the same level of single-precision will deliver better graphics performance than the equivalent Pascal GPU
- ~1.5x the single-precision floating-point performance at equal TDPs (Volta vs Pascal)
- GDDR6 enters mass production in late 2017, GV104 is the first GPU for consumers (expect a 2018 launch)
- GV100 with HBM2 could still hit the market this year
- Geforce GTX 1080 Ti to be announced around March 10th
- Source is not sure about Geforce GTX 1080 Ti's exact specifications, but expects this: 3328 SPs, 96 ROPs, 12GB GDDR5 384-bit
More to come later.