nvidia rebranding begins, partial specs published

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
That doesn't matter. If he's trying to paint Nvidia in a bad light, he's doing a absolutely awful job at it. You're making mountains out of molehills.

If you're going to call out the OP, find a better example.

Of course, when I read this thread you harped on people for them questioning the title - so it mattered then. You were wrong on it being a copy and paste, and so now it doesn't matter? Gotcha.

I'm not even accusing the OP of slandering nVidia, however, the title is misleading, it isn't a copy and paste of the original article, and it is wrong, period.

Homeles

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2011
I take it you didn't bother looking at the history.
I take it you didn't even read my post.
It matters because consumers are not getting anything better with a higher-numbered card. I agree that people should do their research though.
If you think "higher numbers = better," then -- once again -- you deserve to be fooled.

Of course, when I read this thread you harped on people for them questioning the title - so it mattered then. You were wrong on it being a copy and paste, and so now it doesn't matter? Gotcha.

I'm not even accusing the OP of slandering nVidia, however, the title is misleading, it isn't a copy and paste of the original article, and it is wrong, period.
It doesn't matter because that was not my main point. I was wrong; I've moved on. You have not.

My main point still stands.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
It doesn't matter because that was not my main point. I was wrong; I've moved on. You have not.

Woah, dude, relax. I only commented on one of your points, which was that the title wasn't misleading. It clearly is, and what you used to justify it during this thread was wrong.

My main point still stands.

Whatever your "main" point is - I made no comment on it. I don't even really care what it could be. I only commented on the title issue.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Not that anyone here would care, but the thread title is most definitely wrong (and no Homeles, it isn't "copy and pasted" from the article - take your own advice and read it) and misleading.

The Article's title is: "NVIDIA’s Annual GPU Rebadge Begins: GeForce GT 730M and GeForce 710M Partial Specs Published"

Rebadging != Rebranding. If they were "rebranding" the line up, it would no longer be called GeForce.

I was actually curious if they were rebranding the hardware, and was thinking it be a stupid idea since GeForce is well known.

I agree with you Railven, except for one thing. People most assuredly do care about misrepresentation of data or altering information to change perception or mislead. A certain member (or ex-member) here at Anandtech performed this on a regular basis until enough was enough and was permanently banned from Anandtech.

I could be a safe bet piesquared is on the same fastrack.
I tried to tell him he left something out, but was ignored. And he hasn't posted in the thread since the OP. Maybe just trying to get a rise out of people here.

Anyway, report it and maybe it will get the attention is deserves.

Ice_Dragon

Nov 17, 2011
So will the next line of NVIDIA cards (most likely to go in the next line of PCs and Macs) use GDDR6 memory or still use GDDR5 memory?

piesquared

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2006
I agree with you Railven, except for one thing. People most assuredly do care about misrepresentation of data or altering information to change perception or mislead. A certain member (or ex-member) here at Anandtech performed this on a regular basis until enough was enough and was permanently banned from Anandtech.

I could be a safe bet piesquared is on the same fastrack.
I tried to tell him he left something out, but was ignored. And he hasn't posted in the thread since the OP. Maybe just trying to get a rise out of people here.

Anyway, report it and maybe it will get the attention is deserves.

I won't march to the beat of any focus group members drum, count on it. BTW, hows that AMD bankruptcy crusade of yours going? I noticed you were plastering it all over AT a while ago.

If anyone else other than the aforementioned person would like the title changed, let me know what you would like it changed to and i'll consider it.

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Re-brand or re-badge is really more-so semantics -- have no trouble with the title, thread or content!

Homeles

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2011
So will the next line of NVIDIA cards (most likely to go in the next line of PCs and Macs) use GDDR6 memory or still use GDDR5 memory?
Unknowable at this point. We don't know anything about GDDR6 other than it being in development right now. It would be pretty awesome if it came sooner rather than later, though.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I won't march to the beat of any focus group members drum, count on it.
Why not? Sounds personal.

BTW, hows that AMD bankruptcy crusade of yours going? I noticed you were plastering it all over AT a while ago.
Why is it a crusade? You think I'm the only one who thinks AMD is toast?
You probably do, what am I saying.

If anyone else other than the aforementioned person would like the title changed, let me know what you would like it changed to and i'll consider it.

Several people in this thread OTHER than the aformentioned person (me) have quite plainly displayed discontent with your misleading thread title.
You know this and you also know what it should be changed to. Railven gave a PERFECT example of it.
So, you know what to do.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
His title is probably because we already have an AMD rebranding thread, which most of you in this thread have participated in. Kudos to the Nvidia brigade for fast damage control though :thumbsup:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
You should be calling for a title correction as well, Chimaxi. Not making excuses for the guy manipulating facts (intentionally omitting specific details from thread title). Tsk tsk, Chimaxi.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
I think the thread title should stay since it highlights the immaturity in this forum. Kudos OP, don't change it :thumbsup:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I think the thread title should stay since it highlights the immaturity in this forum. Kudos OP, don't change it :thumbsup:

The thread title should reflect the subject matter. Not edited to mislead, as this was. Just ask Wreckage how well that worked out for him.
And you wish the thread title remain the same out of pure spite. One of the defining points of immaturity that you want to highlight. One need not go further than your post here.

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
"NVIDIA’s Annual GPU Rebadge Begins: GeForce GT 730M and GeForce 710M Partial Specs Published"

This is the actual title. It's a bit long to fit.