nVidia : Annoucement Monday morning, 9am PST

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
do they think we are going to bye a fermi gtx480 for $679 without reading 1 review,think again people because i want to see benchmarks first before i bye 2 of them,,by the way when they do benchmarks why dont they use games like Aurans
Trainz simulater 2010 to do there benchmarks on .
Trainz 2010 needs so much more videocard power than any shoot u up games like crysis or mass effect 2 and there is far more detail in 2010 trainz with a big map .framerates would be more justified using a high end detail game as trainz is, just my 20 cents worth .

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
do they think we are going to bye a fermi gtx480 for $679 without reading 1 review,think again people because i want to see benchmarks first before i bye 2 of them,,by the way when they do benchmarks why dont they use games like Aurans
Trainz 2010 needs so much more videocard power than any shoot u up games like crysis or mass effect 2 and there is far more detail in 2010 trainz with a big map .framerates would be more justified using a high end detail game as trainz is, just my 20 cents worth .

http://www.ts2010.com/

This game looks pretty cool, but I am sketical about the high GPU requirement to play this game (8600 GT recommended :D)

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009

8k to 10k will sell preordered without a single sample even going to reviewers. Note, I'm not saying they won't send any to reviewers, but if there's any truth to those numbers they'll all sell before official release, IMO. Odds of you or I getting one, never mind 2? Slim to none.

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
i can play call of duty 2 easy and mass effect 2 easy with my 2 sli nvidia gtx 9800+ 3.0 ghz quad core 8gig ddr2 ram,but when i go to run trainz 2010 well frame rates change massive like so trainz is a much more demanding game than most others ,yes of cause we can all play it straight out of the box ,yes most videocards could nearly do that ,i run all games in full detail and the big maps in trainz to which you can build yourself place massive drains on videocards ,[ 8600 GT recommended ] is only to be run out of box with not much more added to it,this is why i am very interested in fermi gtx480 or the ati 5970

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
[there is a chalenge] for ati and nvidia who can get the best framerates out of there videocards the gtx480 vs amd 5970 and i could supply the map or for them or Auran
then people would really see the best videocards

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
ive got a better idea nvidia and ati could send me 2 gtx480 and 2 amd 5970 and ill do the test for them and report back straight away with my findings free of charge ,i will even pay for postage , look at the time i have just saved them, always thinking i am,

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
????where????

sorry, meant there are reviews on that site, not actual reviews by human beings. I suspect that simulated reviews might be all we'll get for a while...

lol @ temjingold. shaynoa will be a lifer in 3 weeks at this rate.

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
i can play call of duty 2 easy and mass effect 2 easy with my 2 sli nvidia gtx 9800+ 3.0 ghz quad core 8gig ddr2 ram,but when i go to run trainz 2010 well frame rates change massive like so trainz is a much more demanding game than most others ,yes of cause we can all play it straight out of the box ,yes most videocards could nearly do that ,i run all games in full detail and the big maps in trainz to which you can build yourself place massive drains on videocards ,[ 8600 GT recommended ] is only to be run out of box with not much more added to it,this is why i am very interested in fermi gtx480 or the ati 5970

Trainz looks like fun.

Can the player modify the locomotive's engine?

shaynoa

Feb 14, 2010
modify engines ,some yes some no but its far more indepth than it looks ,you can create a hole network just like a real railway transport goods of all kind from one spot to another that require that product to operate set the number of passengers on all stations most trains will pick up and set down goods and passengers build and design your own local rail network copy what is real in your own state station for station ,it is a very head strong thinking game ,build towns cities and keep going ,the more you have the more your videocard will suffer you can place as many trains on the track as you need ,passenger or freight full range of but from all over the world

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
modify engines ,some yes some no but its far more indepth than it looks ,you can create a hole network just like a real railway transport goods of all kind from one spot to another that require that product to operate set the number of passengers on all stations most trains will pick up and set down goods and passengers build and design your own local rail network copy what is real in your own state station for station ,it is a very head strong thinking game ,build towns cities and keep going ,the more you have the more your videocard will suffer you can place as many trains on the track as you need ,passenger or freight full range of but from all over the world

I'll have to check this out then.

jvroig

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
What happened to the announcement? What was it? Just went to the site... all I saw was this new post "Ever built a PC yourself? Check out how our GeForce PC Kit can help" Isn't it Mon 9am there yet?

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
What happened to the announcement? What was it? Just went to the site... all I saw was this new post "Ever built a PC yourself? Check out how our GeForce PC Kit can help" Isn't it Mon 9am there yet?

3 minutes to go still

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
reiterating my previous prediction for pricing, 480 = $549, 470 = $399-$449