Nothing Ever Changes But The Dates And The Locations

Nov 17, 2019
Somewhere in America, the news is about to break.
Nothing can prepare you for the toll it's about to take.

-The Alternate Routes

Two weeks ago, Atlanta, GA
Last week, Boulder, CO
Now, Orange, CA

Next?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Completely unavoidable, obviously. Absolutely nothing that can be done. Needed a good guy with a gun. Too soon to talk about gun control. Thoughts and prayers. FREEEEEEEDOM.

Edit: oh, I forgot since someone went missing, smoking kills waaaaayy more people than guns and we don't do anything at all about smoking.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
This one felt like a workplace case from the beginning:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Of course the one that don't make the news.

Listening to police scanner this morning. Man was pumping gas, when another man with a knife threatened him and wanted his wallet. Instead of pulling his wallet, the man pulled his piston, and the scumbag dropped the knife and ran. Didn't shoot, just pulled it.

Police were dispatched to get a description, and pickup the knife, and like most gas stations can get surveillance footage.

My carry gun is with my wallet and keys. They all go with me when I leave the house.

Nov 17, 2019

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
There was another smaller shooting in Kenosha county, SE WI late last night or early this morning, 3 dead and at least 2 in the hospital, shooter still at large last I looked.

EDIT: And yep, this was it. Thanks @Lost_in_the_HTTP :beermug:

Copied/cross-posted from other thread, missed this thread when I went looking for it. Vote to sticky it please mods ;)

Reactions: Captante
Nov 17, 2019

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
EDIT: And yep, this was it. Thanks @Lost_in_the_HTTP :beermug:

Copied/cross-posted from other thread, missed this thread when I went looking for it. Vote to sticky it please mods ;)
Vote to change the thread title to a meaningful title. Not sure why P&N has been taken over by "cute" thread titles recently, but it is quite annoying.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The root cause is mental illness, and the complete and utter failure of the health care system in this country. This is more evidence that we need universal health care including mental illness than trying to pass more laws to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

Of course if there is a move to take guns away from criminals, I must have missed it as they all want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

Did I not see that this 19-year-old was already on the FBI's radar? How is coming after my gun going to fix that?

Reactions: Captante

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The root cause is mental illness, and the complete and utter failure of the health care system in this country. This is more evidence that we need universal health care including mental illness than trying to pass more laws to take guns from law-abiding citizens.

Of course if there is a move to take guns away from criminals, I must have missed it as they all want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

Did I not see that this 19-year-old was already on the FBI's radar? How is coming after my gun going to fix that?

Besides some progressives here or there that have no power, who in the Democratic party that has any powe has said they want to come takethe guns? Not even those that want to ban AR sales again suggest confiscating a single AR. Maybe Beto said one thing about that but he doesn't even hold office anywhere. Who is coming to take your guns exactly?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Besides some progressives here or there that have no power, who in the Democratic party that has any powe has said they want to come takethe guns? Not even those that want to ban AR sales again suggest confiscating a single AR. Maybe Beto said one thing about that but he doesn't even hold office anywhere. Who is coming to take your guns exactly?
Pay attention to what occurred in England, Australia, and recently in New Zealand, or even Nazi Germany. Those that want to take guns have paid attention and realize it is a process with multiple steps.

Nov 17, 2019

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

While I agree it's mental illness at the core, if you dig even deeper, it's a breakdown of the Socioeconomic pressures that exist in our society that brings about these mental illnesses. You can only live inside a pressure cooker before something snaps, and when over half of the country is feeling pressure from every conceivable direction, you're going to end up with a lot of people breaking down. And sometimes that breakdown is in the form of shootings. It sucks. We're really broken as a society.