NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 177 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
We had a family here in NJ who were infected with COVID-19. 7 were affected, and the 4th died just yesterday. The other 3 are in serious condition.

Now, if you look at the photo which I believe is recent, you'll notice one thing. Many aren't in great shape, and yes they are older. But, not all of those affected in that family are over 70. I believe a few are in their 40s. This is what has so many researchers concerned about in USA. Those underlining conditions that so many of us have. That is why it's imperative that you exercise, get control of your diet, meditate, etc. If you're a smoker, quit. There isn't going to be a magical cure anytime soon. It's up to us.

Reactions: Muse

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Checked walmart this morning. they have updated hours for my local store and I assume most others.
Went to walmart. They had a massive crowd well before opening. many of the people looked anxious and a few even seemed excitable. Knowing what the average Walmarter is like on a good day, I drove down the road and hit up Food Lion.
Very small group. Nobody seemed anxious. When they opened the doors everyone was very polite, no shoving, no running, no hostility, and no hoarding. The whole gang was cool and mellow inside the store while rolling around their carts.
Only downside is they were out of most canned goods except gross stuff like beets, and of course most boxed dinners. And hand soap, and most popular types of dish soap and clothing soap. They had plenty of meat but of course a person can only eat so much before it goes bad, so no one was stockpiling it.
Checkout was also polite and courteous and non-rushed.

SO, in at least one section of America people are still being cool.

You can freeze meat. This is what I do. Portion it out in 4-5oz. Should last a very long time. Do the same with chicken. Also, if you food prep you can put fresh spring mix into small containers, and line the container with paper towel. The paper towel will absorb the moisture, and your lettuce will last for a week. Even longer. I've food prepped eggs with spinach. Put them into a meal container, and into the freezer. It could last for months. My point is try to eat as healthy as you can, so you can give your body a better chance when and if you get this virus.

Good luck.

Reactions: killster1

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

imo they should teach a class in grade school on how to manage your self-esteem, precisely because of stuff like this:

* People are gonna be how they're gonna be; there are sociopaths, psychopaths, con artists, mean-spirited people, "Type A", ultra-competitive, and all kinds of other difficult personalities out there in the world

* You can't expect the world to be fair or for people to cater to you & treat you nice all the time, because you can only control yourself, not other people

* No one can offend you without your permission, but most people don't realize that truth, and thus are easily controlled into anger because not taking the bait isn't even something on their radar. Re: Marty McFly being called "yellow" in the Back to the Future trilogy.

* Everyone is free to choose the environment they put themselves in & free to decide whether or not they choose to stay in that environment. For example, the P&N sub-forum is typically not my cup of tea because it focuses more on arguments than discussions, and I prefer a logical approach to things over an emotional approach to things, so I don't venture in there often because it's mostly not an enjoyable experience for me.

That doesn't mean you have to turn into a cynical hermit, but it does mean that you need to put some internal barriers in to protect yourself against the variety of people that exist in the world, just like the frog & the scorpion. Good link!

Reactions: Muse and feralkid

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
You can freeze meat. This is what I do. Portion it out in 4-5oz. Should last a very long time. Do the same with chicken.
Isn't that what everyone does with meat they aren't cooking right away? Typically goes straight from the shopping bag to the freezer unless I was waiting on it as the missing ingredient to a meal preparation in progress. I mean, maybe I'll put it in the fridge if I plan to cook it the next morning or something but I figured people generally freeze their stored meats.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Nothing makes me shit quicker then when i see warren, thinking about it makes me wanna have a anal evacuation.

Reactions: clamum

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Weird life, yeah, not a conformist POS like you! Fuck you dude. You're trying to gather who I am from my posts. Ad hominem, any? Deal with what I say, not your fucked up idea of who I am. I dig myself, now stop trying to put me down and get the fuck out of my life.

{claims someone attacks him while attacking the person the entire thread}

You're not a conformist - you're just pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Muse

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yeah, just go out there and live you asshole life, man. So what if you get covid-19 and infect your 2.5 other people, fuck them. It's all about you, you shit! Now get lost.

You still can't read, can you? Need a new set of reading glasses? You're nothing but a troll who everyone points and laughs at - you can't even read a simple post without flying off the handle, grandpa.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Fuck you asshole. I read what you were saying. Look, what's gonna happen in 2 or 3 years, you don't know. Stop fucking pretending. And stop declaring your so called right to go out there and be a disease vector. It's not your right.

Then how about you mind your own business you quivering, emo coward? We were talking about a hypothetical and you stuck your ancient nose in with more of your ignorant commentary.

Don't like my posts? Scroll right on past. You do know how to do that, right? Or do we need to explain that to you as well?

• Haha

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Looks like we're going to be in this for at least 2 more weeks - here in Toronto things start shutting down a week ago - which earliest version of Civ do not require full screen? I run dual monitors, a 23" 1080 for work RDP and a 27" UHD, my fav Civ3 don't work very well with w10.

• Haha

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
10/10 thread would read again.
From the back and forth arguments to the whole “I’ll live in my house for years on end dude”. Some serious drama queens.

It's pathetic. That's fine if they want to do that, but don't expect people who have actual dreams, aspirations, and goals in life to do that. We're not talking a few weeks or months - we were discussing the hypothetical situation of YEARS. Fortunately it won't likely happen, but the number of people who would willingly go along with that is shocking. Even better is that some senile idiots (who shall remain nameless) can't even READ the discussion and when it finally dawns on him that it was a discussion about HYPOTHETICALS, he starts raging and trying to dictate what we should discuss when he's been panicking this whole thread. You can't make this stuff up,.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
It's pathetic. That's fine if they want to do that, but don't expect people who have actual dreams, aspirations, and goals in life to do that. Even better is that some senile idiots (who shall remain nameless) can't even READ the discussion and when it finally dawns on him that it was a discussion about HYPOTHETICALS, he starts raging and trying to dictate what we should discuss when he's been panicking this whole thread. You can't make this stuff up,.

Seems like the drama queen might be you dude ...

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
The fact people are in here arguing simply shows how stupid this virus is making people. I am having my fun kinda laughing at this. I need some popcorn and yes i really do have a box of it and YES i will make some if this continues. I am hungry anyways and it's a nice healthy snack. :) Heck going to rev up a bag this should be interesting.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Think about this. The poor, middle class are buying toilet paper. The wealthy are buying stocks.

Makes you think.

Reactions: zinfamous
Nov 8, 2012

lol that reporter that asked POTUS about people in his admin supposedly saying "Kung Flu" shows you how bad our media has gone down the shitter.

He put her on the spot and said to name someone that supposedly used it and she fell flat on her face.

Not that it fucking matters, because god forbid someone make a joke or refer to something with a pun. We have a fucking pandemic crisis on our hands, and that's what the media thinks is important to ask. Fucking. Morons.

Reactions: highland145
Nov 8, 2012
Think about this. The poor, middle class are buying toilet paper. The wealthy are buying stocks.

Makes you think.

Yes, the poor and middle class are generally the stupid ones.

One makes irrational decisions built on stupidity.

The other makes logical financial decisions based on thought.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Isn't that what everyone does with meat they aren't cooking right away? Typically goes straight from the shopping bag to the freezer unless I was waiting on it as the missing ingredient to a meal preparation in progress. I mean, maybe I'll put it in the fridge if I plan to cook it the next morning or something but I figured people generally freeze their stored meats.
Of course not, I'm not a barbarian, so I prefer to cook meat that hasn't been frozen.