No Sequester For obamas Daughters

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I would hope people would leave the President's daughters out of their political arguments until they start getting hammered in bars underage and making the Secret Service schlep out to pick up their passed out boyfriends on Saturday night.

radhak

Aug 10, 2011
Any President or Presidential candidate who choose to put their kids at the forefront or whose kids choose to put themselves at the forefront, make those kids valid targets for scrutiny and ire. Obama and Bush 2 did not and therefore their kids should be off limits. The trend seemed to largely start when conservative pundits started viciously verbally assaulting Chelsea Clinton when she was in high school. Palin's kids were often put in the forefront by her. Though Bristol shouldn't have gotten targeted until the point where she allowed herself to be a public figure and the kid with Down's Syndrome (Trig I think) should never be a target. Palin herself though should have been assailed as much as possible for choosing to hide behind her kids.

Several of Romney's sons involved themselves in his campaign, which makes them valid targets. But only the ones who chose to involve themselves.

This. Very succinctly but comprehensively put.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Does not have to be from here. His linguistic style would make it evident if it's really him.
Is cartoon character-like insanity a linguistic style?
Obama has got to be one of our better presidents if this is how far people have to reach to complain about him.

The funny thing is there's actually things about the President that are worth complaining about. But those won't be the things you hear about from the right. The things worth complaining about require critical thinking and objective review of facts. Conservatives prefer to latch on to whatever sensationalistic crap or blatant lie the right tells them to rant about. You can actually tell they don't think for themselves because so many of them post the same proven false thing over and over again.

Apr 27, 2012
Is cartoon character-like insanity a linguistic style?

The funny thing is there's actually things about the President that are worth complaining about. But those won't be the things you hear about from the right. The things worth complaining about require critical thinking and objective review of facts. Conservatives prefer to latch on to whatever sensationalistic crap or blatant lie the right tells them to rant about. You can actually tell they don't think for themselves because so many of them post the same proven false thing over and over again.

Another idiot liberal. You stereotype all Conservatives but you idiots get outraged if the same thing happens to Muslims, blacks, hispanics or any other minority. Love the double standards.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Another idiot liberal. You stereotype all Conservatives but you idiots get outraged if the same thing happens to Muslims, blacks, hispanics or any other minority. Love the double standards.

Still waiting for a link where you criticized President Bush daughter's vacations, you lying sack of shit.

Apr 27, 2012
Still waiting for a link where you criticized President Bush daughter's vacations, you lying sack of shit.

And your not getting anything especially the way you have been stalking me around. I never said I criticized them on a forum and I was responding to someone who was saying I was being partisan by only going after obama when I go after anyone.

Jan 25, 2011
And your not getting anything especially the way you have been stalking me around. I never said I criticized them on a forum and I was responding to someone who was saying I was being partisan by only going after obama when I go after anyone.

Again I'm going to ask you an honest question to try to understand how you.... Think. You say you go after everyone. By why is it when you discuss things that everyone president does or has done you so personally attack Obama? It's always Obama the pos with you. You never once say the practice of x. Or the history of y occurring. You solely attack Obama on a very personal level.

Second question. Do you understand that you might earn more credibility if instead of attack one man so harshly and personally for something that's been afforded to everyone in their position, your thoughts and opinions might generate more actual discussion? You make yourself the target for your inability to present something objectively when you take such an approach.

I'm betting I'm not alone in this line of thinking either.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The real point is the optics. Obama is on record calling for "shared sacrifice" and then there's the whole sequestration thing. So, it looks pretty bad to be jet-setting around Hawaii, Martha's Vineyard and ritzy ski resorts and such.

Was over at MSNBC and see Obama is now advertising he's taking a voluntary 5% pay cut. If true, he must be feeling some heat via the polls

Fern

Apr 27, 2012
Again I'm going to ask you an honest question to try to understand how you.... Think. You say you go after everyone. By why is it when you discuss things that everyone president does or has done you so personally attack Obama? It's always Obama the pos with you. You never once say the practice of x. Or the history of y occurring. You solely attack Obama on a very personal level.

Second question. Do you understand that you might earn more credibility if instead of attack one man so harshly and personally for something that's been afforded to everyone in their position, your thoughts and opinions might generate more actual discussion? You make yourself the target for your inability to present something objectively when you take such an approach.

I'm betting I'm not alone in this line of thinking either.

The reason I attack obama personally is because he has violated the Constitution, he wants to raise taxes, he believes the US isn't a fair country and should be more like Europe, he is a crony, he sympathizes with the MB, he appoints many radicals like van jones and eric holder along with much more.

The reason I attack him is because he is such a horrible president, george bush isn't president so thats why I dont attack him. And why is it alright for many on the left to only attack Conservatives and never their own and they never get called out.

I can agree with your second point, obama has hurt me and violated the Constitution which is why I always call him out whenever I can. If it makes you guys happy then I could be a little more objective. I will still call out obama but I will also attack others as well.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
The reason I attack obama personally is because he has violated the Constitution, he wants to raise taxes, he believes the US isn't a fair country and should be more like Europe, he is a crony, he sympathizes with the MB, he appoints many radicals like van jones and eric holder along with much more.

The reason I attack him is because he is such a horrible president, george bush isn't president so thats why I dont attack him. And why is it alright for many on the left to only attack Conservatives and never their own and they never get called out.

I can agree with your second point, obama has hurt me and violated the Constitution which is why I always call him out whenever I can. If it makes you guys happy then I could be a little more objective. I will still call out obama but I will also attack others as well.

You wouldn't know a violation of the Constitution if one bit you on the ass.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I know that, but I couldn't help but take the dig at Incorruptible. It's just so easy, and fun!

I wouldn't know, he has been on my ignore list for awhile. For someone who keeps saying he is a Libertarian and Ron Paul supporter, etc he does a godawful job of trying to debate. Just seems to have Obamagasms everyday to pass the time.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Am I the only one that thinks the OP's thread title sounds like a Lifetime movie of the week?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
This. Very succinctly but comprehensively put.

No, what he is saying is that he will rationalize and justify every negative comment made about a Republicans/conservatives children while professing horror and anguish when a Democrat/progressives children are treated exactly the same way.

Just leave the kids out of it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The real point is the optics. Obama is on record calling for "shared sacrifice" and then there's the whole sequestration thing. So, it looks pretty bad to be jet-setting around Hawaii, Martha's Vineyard and ritzy ski resorts and such.

Was over at MSNBC and see Obama is now advertising he's taking a voluntary 5% pay cut. If true, he must be feeling some heat via the polls

Fern

How much influence do you think polls have on a president who is in his second term? Very little I suspect;)

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Fern

Wow, 5%! Still better than nothing....but...

....wait, was his salary already "allotted"? Is it a ruse? A ploy to garner support? Oh the horror! He can't give it back! Congress allotted it to him. How dare he challenge Congress' authority! He should be brought up for impeachment :colbert:

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
I tried but you are too dumb to understand it.

Thanks for trying I sat back and watched and just didn't know what would get through to him.... you proved nothing would:|

This government is out of control in every way.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wow, 5%! Still better than nothing....but...

....wait, was his salary already "allotted"? Is it a ruse? A ploy to garner support? Oh the horror! He can't give it back! Congress allotted it to him. How dare he challenge Congress' authority! He should be brought up for impeachment :colbert:
Once he accepts his salary it is his money to do as he wishes including writing a check to the Treasury. What he can't do is to direct the Treasury to divert that money directly.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Once he accepts his salary it is his money to do as he wishes including writing a check to the Treasury. What he can't do is to direct the Treasury to divert that money directly.

He didn't mind it with Libya. Where was the outcry then? Why does it matter now with "appropriated vacation spending" but not when it comes to funding a war? Do you not see this blatant disregard for any sense of morality?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I was laughing at your post. It was hilarious. It's obvious you've never been allotted a budget before.

Maybe I am missing something but how was I not actually supporting your views (and most everyone else in this thread)? Wrong choice of words or something?

The funds are allocated already, the boss can't tell Service or other departments to slash their spending. That's not his job.