No Sequester For obamas Daughters

Apr 27, 2012
The life is a apparently a very good one if you are the children of President Barack Obama and you are on spring break. After vacationing in the Bahamas at the beginning of this past week, Malia and Sasha Obama – the First Daughters - went to Sun Valley in Idaho for a skiing getaway just after spending time in the Bahamas during their spring break, according to KMVT which is a Fox affiliate in the Sun Valley area. Literally, two vacations in one week.
Obama's Daughters vacationed in the Bahamas before going to Sun Valley for Spring Break
Links to the story and its video were mysteriously lost at KMVT-TV’s web site, but the Gateway Pundit and Weasel Zippers websites had active links to a KMVT video which reported the sighting of President Obama’s two daughters at the ski resort and lodge. Specifically, the daughters were skiing at River Run on Thursday of this week. Furthermore, the Sun Valley Ski Patrol has confirmed that the two young ladies were “enjoying the wonders of the mountain.” The report also claims that the two were staying at Thunder Spring in Sun Valley.
Bill Collins, a representative of the Sun Valley Visitor Center was obviously pleased that the Obamas chose the area for their spring break by saying that Sun Valley is a place where the girls are allowed to relax and just be themselves because it’s not a “show-offy” place.
The area has been described as a magnet for the wealthy and elite in society. It was not known if First Lady Michelle Obama accompanied the First Daughters.
The jaunt was just a day after President Barack Obama’s daughters had finished time in the Bahamas on vacation this week

obamas daughters got not one but TWO vacations this year alone. They went to vacation in the Bahamas and then went to Sun Valley in Idaho for skiing

The area has been described as a magnet for the wealthy and elite in society

So obama is moaning about the sequester and the horrible effects of it and lecturing Americans about tightening their wallets yet his daughters go on two vacations. These two vacation cost the taxpayer a lot of money.
The costs are unknown for now. And it wasn't just his daughters obama himself and his wife went on SEPARATE vacations further wasting tax dollars.

obamas daughters shouldn't be going on these vacations when they cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars. This money belongs to the taxpayer

Do you think its irresponsible for him and his daughters to go on vacation like this especially when we are in a time of sequester? Should these vacations be cut back.

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2013/04/02/no-sequester-for-obama-daughters/

http://www.examiner.com/article/oba...valley-skiing-vacation-after-bahamas-vacation

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Yet another Incorruptible outrage of the day thread.

*makes exaggerated jerking off motion*

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
why would his daughters have anything to do with the sequester?

Have any past presidents sons or daughters been a part of any budgetary discussions? If so who and in what context.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
He could easily afford to send his daughter on 5 vacations in one week ON HIS OWN. How do you know these are being paid for by our Taxes?

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
obamas daughters got not one but TWO vacations this year alone. They went to vacation in the Bahamas and then went to Sun Valley in Idaho for skiing

So obama is moaning about the sequester and the horrible effects of it and lecturing Americans about tightening their wallets yet his daughters go on two vacations. These two vacation cost the taxpayer a lot of money.
The costs are unknown for now. And it wasn't just his daughters obama himself and his wife went on SEPARATE vacations further wasting tax dollars.

obamas daughters shouldn't be going on these vacations when they cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars. This money belongs to the taxpayer

Do you think its irresponsible for him and his daughters to go on vacation like this especially when we are in a time of sequester? Should these vacations be cut back.

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2013/04/02/no-sequester-for-obama-daughters/

http://www.examiner.com/article/oba...valley-skiing-vacation-after-bahamas-vacation

Derrrrrrrrrrrp.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The office comes with a yearly stipend for vacations/entertainment. Rage not found.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You think they fly commercial without a security detail??????

You act like Air Force One is only being paid for when it needs to go somewhere. I imagine that it is always being serviced and taken care of when it is sitting idle in the air field. Tell me the name of a President that hasn't traveled in the jet. Security detail has probably already been accounted for when they made the budget in the first place.

I guess that's what its called a sequester.

But did we pay for the Vacation?

Yes or no.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You act like Air Force One is only being paid for when it needs to go somewhere. I imagine that it is always being serviced and taken care of when it is sitting idle in the air field. Tell me the name of a President that hasn't traveled in the jet. Security detail has probably already been accounted for when they made the budget in the first place.

I guess that's what its called a sequester.

But did we pay for the Vacation?

Yes or no.

You asked if tax payers had to pay for this. The answer is of course they were on the hook for the cost of security and flight. That is part of the vacation regardless if Obama actually paid for the hotel.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You asked if tax payers had to pay for this. The answer is of course they were on the hook for the cost of security and flight. That is part of the vacation regardless if Obama actually paid for the hotel.

Did the Tax payers pay for the reservations in the Bahamas and the Ski Resort in ID? Did they pay for the food and the lodging? Did they pay for the activities? Did they pay for Sasha and Malia's souvenirs?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Did the Tax payers pay for the reservations in the Bahamas and the Ski Resort in ID? Did they pay for the food and the lodging? Did they pay for the activities? Did they pay for Sasha and Malia's souvenirs?

I have no way of knowing, do you? The trip costs are not just lodging or food or souvenirs. You realize that right? Even if Obama paid for the hotels,food, and souvenirs out of his own pocket. Those would pale in comparison to the cost of flying them in a state plane + security detail.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I'm sorry, I can't get upset about the 0.0001% of the federal budget that these vacations cost in terms of security arrangements above and beyond those the First Family gets no matter where they go or what they do.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
original

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I have no way of knowing, do you? The trip costs are not just lodging or food or souvenirs. You realize that right? Even if Obama paid for the hotels,food, and souvenirs out of his own pocket. Those would pale in comparison to the cost of flying them in a state plane + security detail.

And exactly how much of our tax dollars would you estimate are going towards fuel, maintenance, and crew on Air Force One?

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Taxpayer Bill for Obama’s Hawaii Vacations: $20 Million

by Keith Koffler on January 4, 2013, 10:07 am

Michelle Obama recently revealed that she and President Obama don’t give Christmas gifts to each other. They merely say, “We’re in Hawaii,” and that’s Christmas gift enough.

But actually the present is from taxpayers, and it’s an expensive one.

The total cost to taxpayers of Obama’s vacations to Hawaii since becoming president is likely in excess of $20 million, and possibly much, much more. During a time of budget deficits that threaten the nation’s security and its future, the Obamas have chosen to maintain a “family tradition” and vacation halfway around the world instead of finding far cheaper alternatives closer to home.

The $20 million figure is based on estimates of the cost of the four Hawaii vacations the Obamas have taken during Christmastime 2009-2012. According to a detailed breakdown by the Hawaii Reporter, the annual excursions in 2009, 2010, and 2011 cost about $4 million, much of it attributable to the expense of taking Air Force One, at an hour rate of about $180,000, on an eighteen-hour roundtrip journey to Honolulu and back.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Don't care. All presidents take vacations, and they are entitled to some amount of sanity in probably the most stressful job on the planet. (Then again, what would incorruptible know about sanity, amirite??)

If you divide the cost of his vacations over the American tax payer, it comes out to less than 5 cents per person. I think we have bigger problems.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I thought it was bullshit when the usual forum lefties attacked Bush kids and Palin kids, it's no different when the forum righties attack the Obama kids. Leave them alone. Pick on their parents instead.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I thought it was bullshit when the usual forum lefties attacked Bush kids and Palin kids, it's no different when the forum righties attack the Obama kids. Leave them alone. Pick on their parents instead.

Any President or Presidential candidate who choose to put their kids at the forefront or whose kids choose to put themselves at the forefront, make those kids valid targets for scrutiny and ire. Obama and Bush 2 did not and therefore their kids should be off limits. The trend seemed to largely start when conservative pundits started viciously verbally assaulting Chelsea Clinton when she was in high school. Palin's kids were often put in the forefront by her. Though Bristol shouldn't have gotten targeted until the point where she allowed herself to be a public figure and the kid with Down's Syndrome (Trig I think) should never be a target. Palin herself though should have been assailed as much as possible for choosing to hide behind her kids.

Several of Romney's sons involved themselves in his campaign, which makes them valid targets. But only the ones who chose to involve themselves.