NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
A possibly Pyrrhic touchdown, as Gallup caught the back shoulder but his leg hit the field the wrong way.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Burrow will be great for years to come. HOF is within his grasp...if he gets enough support.

He, Herbert, Mahomes, Mac Jones will be the class of the AFC.
Lamar and Allen will be on the outside looking in.
The rest will bust and be forgotten.
Burrow's got a heck of an arm and to me his best trait is he will hang in there till the last second and deliver it downfield even if he's about to take a major smash. Allen, if he brings his A game, is as good as anyone, problem is it's anyone's guess which Allen will show up. He was 11/ 26 with zero TD's and 3 picks today at home against the Falcons. A while back the Bills lost to the Jags 9-6, go figure that one out.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Burrow's got a heck of an arm and to me his best trait is he will hang in there till the last second and deliver it downfield even if he's about to take a major smash. Allen, if he brings his A game, is as good as anyone, problem is it's anyone's guess which Allen will show up. He was 11/ 26 with zero TD's and 3 picks today at home against the Falcons. A while back the Bills lost to the Jags 9-6, go figure that one out.
That's Jags game was a true 69 for Josh Allen...and Josh Allen the Jags player.

Urban Meyer's lone NFL triumph.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Brady realized that Brown still had elite talent at the position but was realistic at the post game presser saying he "needs help", who knows what reason Airens had for benching him today but he's hardly the 1st NFL player to be benched.
EDIT:, So sources told ESPN he was not benched, his contract had several performance clauses in it, perhaps he felt
he was being kept off the field so the team can avoid paying them, https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tonio-brown-rips-equipment-runs-field-midgame
He will not fly back to Tampa with the team.
Will be interesting to see if Mike Evans and Gronkowski alone can be enough to take Tampa to the promised land again.
Tampa might have won today but AB was basically the contingency for Godwin.

Brown might be "crazy" but not crazy at the same time with this meltdown.

The Legend of Brady would only grow to ludicrous levels if Tampa does win again this year.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Anybody think Brady isn't winning another ring? :rolleyes:
It's very hard to repeat as Super Bowl champs, and they'd potentially need to defeat two of the following three teams just to get to SoFi stadium: Rams, Packers, or Cowboys. Compared to a year ago, they're banged up and now thin at WR. With Godwin out, they really needed AB on the field but he wrote his own obituary.

There's so much parity in the NFL right now that you can credibly argue there are about 6 teams with a reasonable chance. It's all about getting hot at the right time. In addition to the NFC teams above, I'd add the Bills and Chiefs. Not sure how I feel about the Titans or Patriots, but maybe there are 7 legitimate contenders (not all equal, of course).

If you asked me if I'd take Tompa Bay or the field, clearly I'd take the field.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Just goes to show that Tampa Bay made a mistake when they didn't hold Brown to their "no more chances" promise after he was caught with a fake vaccination card and endangering Arians's life.

Also, Glazer reported that Brown refused to enter the game twice and then Arians told him to get out, which prompted the theatrics. If I were Tampa I'd rethink my adherence to Arians's statement that he'll be cut. I'd suspend him without pay for 4 weeks for conduct and THEN cut him, which essentially ensures he won't be able to sign with another team for the playoffs.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
That was such an obvious tank job. The Jets should be fined for that.
So they got beat by the best QB of all time in yet another late game-winning drive and they "tanked"?, how, exactly, could anyone prove a "tank job"?.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just goes to show that Tampa Bay made a mistake when they didn't hold Brown to their "no more chances" promise after he was caught with a fake vaccination card and endangering Arians's life.

Also, Glazer reported that Brown refused to enter the game twice and then Arians told him to get out, which prompted the theatrics. If I were Tampa I'd rethink my adherence to Arians's statement that he'll be cut. I'd suspend him without pay for 4 weeks for conduct and THEN cut him, which essentially ensures he won't be able to sign with another team for the playoffs.

or, you just let him sign with another team and do what he does and create chaos and discord in the locker room during the playoffs.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What exactly is a "Tompa"?, a jumbo-sized tampon??.

Tom Brady's 'Tompa Bay' trademark opens the floodgates for jokes on Twitter

tompa-bay-shirt-041020-ftrjpg_d01kunc7atuj1772ipsiyk8pk.jpg

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
What exactly is a "Tompa"?, a jumbo-sized tampon??.
Florida makes everyone crazy after she seduces them into retirement.

Florida can claim Antonio Brown is truly a part of her actual litter, the embodiment of her many "Florida man" avatars.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
So they got beat by the best QB of all time in yet another late game-winning drive and they "tanked"?, how, exactly, could anyone prove a "tank job"?.

They ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2 right into Tampa's fatsos and then basically didn't play defense on Tampa's final drive.

Reactions: Torn Mind

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
They ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2 right into Tampa's fatsos and then basically didn't play defense on Tampa's final drive.

Normally I would agree but this is the bottom-feeder Jets we're discussing.

:confused:

That may very well have been the best they could muster after over-achieving to take a 14 point lead in the 3rd.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

That may very well have been the best they could muster after over-achieving to take a 14 point lead in the 3rd.
Pretty sure any monkey looks at Vita Vea and concludes "immovable".....

And on a 4th and 2, not mere inches....

Reactions: BUTCH1

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Pretty sure any monkey looks at Vita Vea and concludes "immovable".....

And on a 4th and 2, not mere inches....
Yea, we need a couple of yards, lets run it at a human wall and his cousin the human barricade, Suh. they'd been running it very well all game by avoiding those as much as possible.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Hold on a sec, I'm shocked you didn't rip the Jets for unnecessarily going for it on 4th down and failing! Normally you apply your 20/20 hindsight skills in these situations to proclaim how dumb the head coach is. :p

Speaking of Jets HC Robert Saleh, he tossed his OC under the bus by saying the 4th & 2 play call should never include a QB option. Considering Saleh's background is defense, this is very interesting. Either the play design is a QB option, or it isn't. I don't know who's right, but Saleh is very emphatic that the OC should have told the QB to hand it off 100% of the time. Part of the reason Saleh is furious is that they even took a timeout before failing to convert, and he's blaming the OC 100%.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Burrow will be great for years to come. HOF is within his grasp...if he gets enough support.

He, Herbert, Mahomes, Mac Jones will be the class of the AFC.
Lamar and Allen will be on the outside looking in.
The rest will bust and be forgotten.

Burrow has Mixon Chase Higgins Boyd. He has all the support a web could want. Mac noodle arm Jones will never come close to Allen.