NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Father-time finally catching up with Golden-boy? :D

I doubt that's the case, but maybe. Seems he struggles a lot playing NO at home.

Being a Patriots fan, I have mixed feelings about watching him lose. On one side, he deserved better from NE. They had underpaid him forever and gotten away with it. On the other side, I despise seeing him in another teams jersey and want to watch him struggle.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I doubt that's the case, but maybe. Seems he struggles a lot playing NO at home.

Being a Patriots fan, I have mixed feelings about watching him lose. On one side, he deserved better from NE. They had underpaid him forever and gotten away with it. On the other side, I despise seeing him in another teams jersey and want to watch him struggle.
They underpaid him with his consent because they all wanted to win. I'm presuming they didn't blackmail him to take less money against his wishes. At the end, he decided he could land in a better situation (Tampa Bay), and even get paid more for his efforts.

Tom Brady is about the only Patriots star that didn't get Belichicked: traded away for assets before his next contract became cap-busting. Not that Belichick didn't try, he actually had the succession plan with Garoppolo all lined up until Bob Kraft vetoed it.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Father-time finally catching up with Golden-boy? :D
No, for him to be effective his O-line MUST pass-block effectively, they looked like crap last night, seven passes were dropped and 3 of the 4 biggest threats were gone, Fornette, Godwin, Evans were all knocked out and Gronk dropped some balls too. That being said, Brady needs to do a better job with ball security if he is flushed, in one play it got punched out from behind as he tried to scramble forward, he needs to realize that with a slow forward speed he's easy to run down and secure the ball better.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No, for him to be effective his O-line MUST pass-block effectively, they looked like crap last night, seven passes were dropped and 3 of the 4 biggest threats were gone, Fornette, Godwin, Evans were all knocked out and Gronk dropped some balls too. That being said, Brady needs to do a better job with ball security if he is flushed, in one play it got punched out from behind as he tried to scramble forward, he needs to realize that with a slow forward speed he's easy to run down and secure the ball better.

My hopes were up for a moment there! :confused:

BTW starting QB for the Browns = Nick Mullins (??) o_O

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Can someone explain this logic to me? I've read this like 5x and still don't know wtf he's trying to say.

“It would have had to be a situation where it goes down to the wire, 42 seconds was a little bit more time than you really want to go for two there,” Harbaugh said. “I would rather have it be around 20 seconds, but decided to do it there in the end. If there had been any more time than that, we would have certainly kicked it.”

42 seconds was a bit more time than you want to go for two, and wanted it around 20 seconds, but if it was a little more than 20 seconds he would have certainly kicked it, but he still went for two?

Does not compute.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Can someone explain this logic to me? I've read this like 5x and still don't know wtf he's trying to say.

42 seconds was a bit more time than you want to go for two, and wanted it around 20 seconds, but if it was a little more than 20 seconds he would have certainly kicked it, but he still went for two?

Does not compute.
If the game went into overtime, who would have had possession of the ball?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Does not compute.
And the play call was shit too, your very fast QB had already scored on keepers in this game and it wasn't even close, instead you try to string along the D for a pass to the TE that was easily defended
If the game went into overtime, who would have had possession of the ball?
Coin flip decides choice to receive or kick off.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Browns lost in a typical Brownsian manner.

Mullins actually looked competent but a missed kick and bad defense was all that was needed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
tbh the browns were much closer than i expected with half the team out

but for my blood pressure, i wish they would've just gotten blown out

not that getting to the playoffs matters anyway - they'd get leveled in a round or two

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I loved it when Brady lost his mind and started shouting taunts at the Saints sideline late in the game for giving the Bucs a good, and quite unexpected, ass beating.
Not sure what that was about, but pretty sure it was not related to the game going like shit but a NO player who was taunting Brady after the previous play, in any event he looked like an idiot doing that.