NFL 2022 Season

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Chiefs O-line is getting pushed around! :oops:

Stick a fork in KC.... and the Bengals are looking scary!

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Cincinnati might be the best team in the AFC right now with the Bills injuries.

Having said that if this game was in Kansas City I doubt it ends the same way.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
First time I've noticed that red stripe on the Cowpie's helmets... which does NOT preclude it having been there all season!

;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So....what is the record for consecutive offensive possessions > TO > TD in the NFL? Are we there yet? Because this is a really bizarre ~6 minutes of football.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Reactions: Captante

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Jimmy G has a broken foot. So San Fran is down to Purdy the rest of the way.
They like Purdy, had thought of having him as backup #1 at beginning of season. He had that I'm ready aspect yesterday from the getgo and never lost it, and a good game. But they're going to need another backup so will be checking the waver wire.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
They like Purdy, had thought of having him as backup #1 at beginning of season. He had that I'm ready aspect yesterday from the getgo and never lost it, and a good game. But they're going to need another backup so will be checking the waver wire.

McDaniels Looked like he was going to cry at the end of the game.

Reactions: Muse

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
McDaniels Looked like he was going to cry at the end of the game.
Haha I was telling my wife to look at his face at that drive with the 2 challenges for over turned catches to incompletes. His face was in just disbelief. Purdy looked good, but coming off the bench back ups usually do well because the opposing team hasn't practiced vs. them in mind, have not developed a game plan for them to study their tendencies and there isn't much film of them. Next week will be a better gauge against the struggling Bucs. The best thing Purdy has going for him (which Warner stated post game) he's had to practice against one of the best D's in the league all year being on scout O.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Jamaal Williams has as many TD's this season as the Bronco's - Let's Ride !

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Haha I was telling my wife to look at his face at that drive with the 2 challenges for over turned catches to incompletes. His face was in just disbelief. Purdy looked good, but coming off the bench back ups usually do well because the oppoising team hasn't practiced vs. them in mind, have not developed a game plan for them to study their tendencies and there isn't much film of them. Next week will be a better gauge against the struggling Bucs. The best thing Purdy has going for him (which Warner stated post game) he's had to practice against one of the best D's in the league all year being on scout O.

I actually thought he looked and played a lot like Jimmy G. Jimmy was playing well the last few games, but I almost always held my breath when he threw the ball. I didn't get that sense with Purdy, but like you said, no one knows his tendencies so he looked competent. We'll see what we have in him next week and it's true what Warner said.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No way to tell from yesterday if Purdy will make it in the NFL.... it takes at least a few games to even have a realistic idea and you don't really get to see until the league "adjusts".

Pat Mahomes, Joe Burrow and the like are a rare commodity.... the vast majority of young NFL quarterbacks fail.

Reactions: thestrangebrew1

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
kjqi1zj4os2a1.jpg