NFL 2022 Season

Page 102 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Nope. Keep in mind Josh Harris owns the Philadelphia 76'ers, and they've been sort of a mess. Not terrible, but not great either. So...welcome to mediocrity?
Maybe a less toxic workplace, less "dark heart", less "cliques" and nepotism moves like drafting Haskins....and the team being a mere tool for other teams to negotiate for a bigger paycheck.

And no Vinny Cerrato is my buddy GM BS.

And the sooner PG loses Fedex the better. NoVA is the jewel of the area and Maryland can go suck its cock.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
I don't follow basketball, so I say this knowing I may be looking a fool, but the 76ers have made it to the conference semifinals 5 of the last 6 years. The Redskins have only made it that far once this millennium.

They're sort of stuck in a rut. A playoff pretender, where you get in to the dance, but can't elevate enough to really contend.

Maybe a less toxic workplace, less "dark heart", less "cliques" and nepotism moves like drafting Haskins....and the team being a mere tool for other teams to negotiate for a bigger paycheck.

And no Vinny Cerrato is my buddy GM BS.

And the sooner PG loses Fedex the better. NoVA is the jewel of the area and Maryland can go suck its cock.

When you put it that way, anything is an upgrade. People are starting to feel pity for Washington up in PA and NY.

Reactions: zinfamous

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
They're sort of stuck in a rut. A playoff pretender, where you get in to the dance, but can't elevate enough to really contend.

When you put it that way, anything is an upgrade. People are starting to feel pity for Washington up in PA and NY.
I wasn't even paying attention from Spurrier onwards...but I don't really blame Snyder for that...it was my weeb phase. But the hire of Spurrier was a joke.

Then the story of getting Mike Shanahan begins with Crown Royal....

Skip to main contentWashington CommandersNFL newsScoreboardStandingsStatsRosterInjuriesTransactions
Redskins/NFL

Washington Redskins: How Daniel Snyder found his man in Mike Shanahan​

10006081H18954125.JPG
Redskins owner Dan Snyder and his new head coach, Mike Shanahan, walk into a press conference at Redskins Park on Jan. 6, 2010. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
By Mike Wise
September 10, 2011
On a Sunday evening nearly two years ago, Daniel Snyder hit his nadir with the Washington Redskins. Trudging down the stairwell of one of his private planes in the hangar of the Dulles Jet Center, burgundy-and-gold striped necktie askew, he mouthed an expletive passengers behind him could clearly hear. In that moment, hours after the Redskins had lost to the lowly Lions — the worst team in pro football — in Detroit, Snyder resembled less of an NFL owner than an exasperated day trader.
“He was as stressed out and lost as I’d ever seen him,” said an associate of Snyder, who recounted the scene.” It was the bottom for all of us, but it was mostly the bottom for him.”
On the way to missing the playoffs for the eighth time in his 11 seasons as Redskins owner, Snyder retreated to the pilot’s lounge inside the hangar with two of his closest advisers at the time, Dave Donovan, the team’s chief operating officer, and Karl Swanson, Snyder’s senior vice president of public relations. Vinny Cerrato, the executive vice president of personnel and Snyder’s right-hand man, joined them after he had taken the team plane home with the players and their beleaguered coach, Jim Zorn.
While watching NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” game between the Arizona Cardinals and Indianapolis Colts, the four men drank glasses of Sassicaia, a bold Tuscan red that is a Snyder favorite, those who were present said. They added that Snyder eventually graduated to Crown Royal.

Finally, Snyder turned to the others. “Let’s go get Mike Shanahan,” he said.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
So...based on recent news, the Washington Commander trademark was rejected. So we're back to Washington Football Team for now?

In a way, that is good news for new ownership. A clean break from the past, especially anything Snyder related.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Change it back to Redskins and I'm good.:smilingimp:

I'll bet Snyder intentionally did that....it was all anti-marketing and deliberately inciting apathy because his own shit was that rotten.