New Google Homepage Announced

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: PoPPeR
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
google is all about the $$$$, funny how people blindly trust them.
well that will change as soon as they do something that makes people think twice. So far all of their products have been as advertised; compact, useful, works well. Their image is obviously extremeley high right now, but it's not like we're trusting them with our lives... yet

How about Google Web Accelerator which they pulled off the market 3 days after it's release because it was caching private forums and logins?

Great beta testing there :roll:

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
The whole reason I use google as my home page is because there's nothign on it. Just a search box and a couple links so it loads up instantaneously. I guess we'll have to see how much crap they try to stick on the page but hopefully if you don't login you can just get the plain page I'm used to.

frank84

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2003
www.enomooshiki.com
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
The whole reason I use google as my home page is because there's nothign on it. Just a search box and a couple links so it loads up instantaneously. I guess we'll have to see how much crap they try to stick on the page but hopefully if you don't login you can just get the plain page I'm used to.

it's your choice..

5ayle

Sep 28, 2003
this nice... i like it... setup took only 10 seconds or so. I love google but i still won't use desktop though.

krcat1

Jan 20, 2005
Originally posted by: gshock888
would MS employees get fired for searching the web with google?

if they use MSN they'll never find what they're searching for though! :(

How else who they come up with new products to "create"?

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001

In life we often chose the lesser of evils.

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Already dissapointed by the setup page: it only has a few options. Maybe I'll switch to it when it is more mature, and more local (I am looking for content in Belgium, England, and India)

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000

I don't think it's blind trust. It's just that they succeeded on enough projects that we're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for new projects.

I'm glad they're "all about the $$$$." That means that they're not delusional about how to stay in business.

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Just tried it. Not a bad start, but they could do more IMHO. First would be weather for more than one zip code.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001

Thank you! It's funny to see people freak out over privacy concerns with Microsoft's error reporting and activation, then turn around and drool over Google's browser add-ins and email service.

edmicman

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
Its sharp, but I think I'll stick with my.yahoo until I get get some more news sources, comics (please more than 3!), TV listings, and have it tie in with my yahoo fantasy teams, too. Heh.

ravana

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by: HOML
I am waiting for Google to buy out Firefox and rename it to GoogleBrow, mark my words, this will happen.

How can you "buy" an open source project?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
like i said in the other thread about this, I hope they'll add a tv listings option.