New Google Homepage Announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 139972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 139972

Already working!

Setup your homepage!

Google is expected to introduce a new feature on Thursday that allows people with Google accounts to set up a personalized homepage a la My Yahoo and My MSN, according to numerous Web reports.

Google representatives did not immediately return calls for comment.

The new service will let people create a homepage, giving them one place to go for e-mail, headlines, weather reports, maps, movie schedules and, of course, Web search, Search Engine watch says.

The portal will be in keeping with Google's trademark uncluttered design, however. The portal will look just like Google's homepage, but just below the search box will be links to news, Gmail, and other services.

The new feature will be available to people with Google accounts for e-mail, mailing lists, news alerts and other services through Google Labs.

More at the New.com.com

D

Deleted member 139972

LOL. I've tried it out and it's sweet. It's VERY fast too..

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Nice - now all they need is a few "favorites" links and I'll be happy. Stupid firefox and it's not ordering the location bar by last-visited site.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: dornick
Originally posted by: Son of a N00b
Im waiting for GoogleOS!!!!!!!!

that would probably be really sweet...

ROFL

in theory of course...when has google really disapointed us?? and their april fools jokes are awesome! google maps is great, gmail is great....let me have google os!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
interesting, however it woudl be better if i coudl hav weather for more then 1 zip code as well as have it tell me messages for more then 1 gmail account

dornick

Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: dornick
Im waiting for GoogleOS!!!!!!!!

that would probably be really sweet...

ROFL

in theory of course...when has google really disapointed us?? and their april fools jokes are awesome!

I'm not making fun of you, I'm laughing at your excitement.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hey! This crazy portal server acutally works!

Man, I wonder what the engine behind it is...

gshock888

Banned
Mar 28, 2003
would MS employees get fired for searching the web with google?

if they use MSN they'll never find what they're searching for though! :(

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
It's alright, but I still prefer my.yahoo for now.

If they add more news options I'd definately consider changing though.

HOML

May 15, 2005
I am waiting for Google to buy out Firefox and rename it to GoogleBrow, mark my words, this will happen.

Aug 10, 2001
I wish Google would remain focused on its search engine and resist the urge to become a portal. :thumbsdown:

I've used Google as my homepage for at least five years now, but I think that's all about to change.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
google is all about the $$$$, funny how people blindly trust them.
well that will change as soon as they do something that makes people think twice. So far all of their products have been as advertised; compact, useful, works well. Their image is obviously extremeley high right now, but it's not like we're trusting them with our lives... yet