NEVER a good phone call when the wife says...

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
So the wife calls and says...YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME...

immediately thoughts race through my head....car accident, broken LCD tv...kids smashed a window...the list goes on forever...

NOPE...the wife decided to get on the laptop today...while our two children are running around 3 years old and 1 1/2 years old...

Apparently one of them got a hold of the laptop and popped of the A key on the keyboard...

Hopefully I will be able to fix it...

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
If you can't fix it, take out rarely-used key and replace the A key with that one

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: lyssword
If you can't fix it, take out rarely-used key and replace the A key with that one

<shifty eyes>go to BB or Frys and appropriate a key fro ma display model.<shifty eyes>

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
I hate when people say things like that and the news is anything less than earth-shattering.

I put it up there with "I need to ask you for a huge favor. [Insert inconsequential favor here]." Drives me nuts for some reason.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
LOL, thats actually a relief when its just something like that...its more like, "dammit! why'd you get me all worried!?"

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Ya, I would hate it when my ex-gf would say "Don't get mad but................". Man I hated that crap, my stomach would always drop when she pull that shit.

scrawnypaleguy

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2005
"error reading poptart in drive A: delete kids y/n?"

Saw that in someone's sig around here... seemed appropriate.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
whenever someone disclaims something it makes it worse, lol..

i'm not trying to be racists but...you're a nig
or..i'm not trying to be mean...but your mouth smells like my my toilet
or...please dont get mad...but i cheated on you...

:p

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Sqube
I hate when people say things like that and the news is anything less than earth-shattering.

I put it up there with "I need to ask you for a huge favor. [Insert inconsequential favor here]." Drives me nuts for some reason.

I hate that too.

That, and starting a conversation with "Are you busy?"
I've learned to stop answering "no", and ask "why" instead.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
LOL, thats actually a relief when its just something like that...its more like, "dammit! why'd you get me all worried!?"

I am totally like that with my wife...I always fear the worst...I wasn't too pissed about the laptop...

Originally posted by: Quasmo
Arggg I'd be so pissed.

Nah...not that big of a deal...

Originally posted by: Heller
ah man, that sucks, what model laptop is it?

It is a DELL 9300...

Originally posted by: scrawnypaleguy
"error reading poptart in drive A: delete kids y/n?"

Saw that in someone's sig around here... seemed appropriate.

This made me laugh out loud here at work...good find...

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I've had the "You know what you did and we'll talk about it when we get home" call.

I HATE those! I have to think of every single scheme I've ever done that she may have found out about :|

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: leeland
So the wife calls and says...YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME...

immediately thoughts race through my head....car accident, broken LCD tv...kids smashed a window...the list goes on forever...

NOPE...the wife decided to get on the laptop today...while our two children are running around 3 years old and 1 1/2 years old...

Apparently one of them got a hold of the laptop and popped of the A key on the keyboard...

Hopefully I will be able to fix it...
judging by what you *thought* it might be what it actually was wasn't so bad now was it? :p

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Josh123
Ya, I would hate it when my ex-gf would say "Don't get mad but................". Man I hated that crap, my stomach would always drop when she pull that shit.

Agreed! That is the worst! My ex-gf would always say that to me so I just started ignoring it and then the time it was actually important I was shocked.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Lets see, last time I got one of those it was " I think the washer is broke, its making wierd noises and smells funny".. Great, I had thoughts of about a day wasted trying to fix it, then eventually a trip to the store to buy a new one.

Upon inspection she was trying to wash a full load of clothes but only had the water level set to "low".. :roll: