NEVER a good phone call when the wife says...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Bah, I thought you said pooped on the keyboard. :Q

KT

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
she's just setting your expectations for the worst so that you don't get angry when you hear the real news. if she had started with "um, the kids somehow popped the 'A' key off your laptop keyboard" you'd prpobably react worse.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
I'd kill my wife if she brought home a puppy.

Many moons ago my wife was on a road trip with her sister and her mother to visit her brother. She calls me and tells me that the three of them had found three strays and each was bringing one home. I said, "I'd have rather have heard that you were sucking some other guy's cock." She hung up the phone on me, but from what I found out later was that her mother and her sister were in the room and asking, "what did he say, what did he say?"

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Squisher

Many moons ago my wife was on a road trip with her sister and her mother to visit her brother. She calls me and tells me that the three of them had found three strays and each was bringing one home. I said, "I'd have rather have heard that you were sucking some other guy's cock." She hung up the phone on me, but from what I found out later was that her mother and her sister were in the room and asking, "what did he say, what did he say?"

hahahah now thats a response.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

the story would have been better if she took you serious. :evil:

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Yreka
Lets see, last time I got one of those it was " I think the washer is broke, its making wierd noises and smells funny".. Great, I had thoughts of about a day wasted trying to fix it, then eventually a trip to the store to buy a new one.

Upon inspection she was trying to wash a full load of clothes but only had the water level set to "low".. :roll:

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEE here....I thought it was only me...

The last one of these I got was...ya I broke the new vaccum cleaner (dyson 500 dollar model)

I was LIKE WTF are you talking about...how did you break it? Thinking that how in the F can you break a vaccum...

And not to be suprised or anything...she apparently ran over a SOCK of mine...and didn't notice it...

By the time she noticed...the engine was burned out and the sock torn to shreds...quite funny now when I think about it...not so much when I had to return the vaccum cleaner and get a new one...

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sqube
I hate when people say things like that and the news is anything less than earth-shattering.

I put it up there with "I need to ask you for a huge favor. [Insert inconsequential favor here]." Drives me nuts for some reason.
Or, "Could you quick have a look at something for me?" And then it's something like, "The engine just fell out of my car, can you get it fixed by tomorrow?" or, "I think the paper is jammed in the laser printer" - and it's because they tried to print a whole lot of little sticky labels that are now everywhere inside the thing.

"Quick" - sure, on a geological time scale.

Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Bah, I thought you said pooped on the keyboard. :Q

KT
That was "popped the A out of the keyboard," not "pooped out of his A onto the keyboard."

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade

the story would have been better if she took you serious. :evil:

LOL yeah, that's how i was expecting that to end.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Error reading poptart in drive A: delete kids y/n?

hah, thanks for the new sig quote :D

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
"Can I ask you a serious/personal question?" That one gives me the chills sometimes. Not so much the question, but the tone.