Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
WILL FOCUS ON CONFIGURING SUN IAM SUITE AND MICROSOFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY FOR INTEGRATION.
- At least 6 to 8 years of IT industry experience and 4+ years of experience with Identity Management systems
- Must have 3+ years of experience with SUN Identity or other identity management product (implementation, development, management, tuning etc.)
- Must have 2+ years of experience with SUN Access Manager or other web access management products (implementation, development, management, tuning etc.)

- Must understand and have designed developed and used LDAP servers (DITs etc.)
- Must have excellent analytical and development skills, have the ability to multitask and have solid project management skills
- Experience developing Java, J2EE based systems using XML a must
- Solid understanding of access, identity management, single sign on, and security concepts
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with strong technical skills
- Help build code for the PoC to demonstrate the product functionality

PM or e-mail for more details

ppaik

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2000
My company has some positions opened right now:

Web Project Coordinator
Software Engineer
Web Developer
Sr. Database Administrator
Manager of Web Development
Quality Assurance Tester - Game QA

I work for an online game company which is based in Los Angeles, CA but will be moving to El Segundo, CA by summer or fall this year. Company is stable and fun to work for, however the workload is pretty heavy and most people on the techinical side rarely work less than 50 hours.

If you are ok with this, feel free to email me and I will send you more information. I work in IT so I wont be able to answer questions like pay and benefits etc.

philtpaik.at.hotmail.com

Dubb

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2003
Laid off yesterday....

Currently in the Triangle area, NC; looking for full time or freelance Architecture (the real kind), graphic design, CAD, 3d modeling, model building, etc jobs. If you need someone to crank out modern, cool design; I'm your guy (at an affordable rate)

- B.S. in Architecture, 3.5 years experience working in architecture + design firms.
- Strong skills in industrial, graphic, and information design. Skilled Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc, as well as a host of CAD and 3D programs.

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Essential Functions:
•Responsible for day to day operation of the LAN and WAN network infrastructure.
•Maintain and support JetBlue’s networking infrastructure including LAN, WAN, Security and others
•Maintain software levels of all networking equipment.
•Maintain network documentation, including diagrams, asset inventory and maintenance agreements.
•Support and troubleshoot networking equipment and associated connections throughout the network infrastructure.
•Analyze traffic patterns and trends to forecast future requirements and plan accordingly.
•Monitor the network infrastructure and address daily issues.

Supervisor Level – Core Functions
•Keep infrastructure & project manager(s) informed about the status of day-to-day activities of the project(s).
•Assist in the supervision and directly work on the design, development, coordination, and evaluation of new and existing infrastructure projects.
•Assist in developing a plan for career pathing and personnel development of junior team members.
•Implement the Network Infrastructure Services vision within the team to help preserve and improve upon the JetBlue culture.
•Develop relationships with the other members of the IT department and business communities.
•Assist in hiring and leading a team, assist in the supervision and current infrastructure services initiatives.
•Monitor team performance and take corrective action as necessary.
•Manage and execute projects.

Minimum Qualifications
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
•Cisco certifications required, minimum CCIE LAB COMPLETE AND CURRENT
•5 plus years experience building and administering Cisco networking equipment
•5 plus years experience with networking protocols including TCP/IP
•5 plus years experience with WAN services, including MPLS, DS1, DS3, ISDN.
•Experience with security products including, Radius, PIX, IDS, VPN.
•Experience in routing protocols, preferably BGP and EIGRP
•Experience with VoIP and QoS

PM or email for details

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Qualifications

2+ years practical experience with Microsoft Active Directory

Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint Technologies.

Experience writing scripts for administrative functions is a plus.

2+ years Server administration including:
- Addition/deletion/cleanup of email accounts/IDs
- Creation and execution of a file backup and recovery plans
- Creation and execution of database backup and recovery plans
- Operations documentation including startup/shutdown, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Scripting or Programming skills in VB/VBScript and .NET

3+ years Server, LAN, and WAN support problem management.

4+ years of customer service, support, and/or consulting experience for
enterprise-level customers.

PM or email for more details

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
The company I work for has a few positions open at the moment for proficient IT professionals with Linux experience. The positions are in the Army Battle Command Simulations area and require detail oriented work with strong Linux and IT skills.

This is a fortune 100 company and is one of the world’s largest defense contractors.

Certifications and a college degree is highly recommended.

Must be able to get a DoD security clearance.

Pay and benefits are very good.

PM for me more details.

Joe

Last edited:

Cstefan

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
I'm looking for a job in the Cary/Raleigh/Durham/RTP North Carolina area. Family needs and all. Will need to move from ohio but can relocate in the standard 2 weeks. Experienced Microshaft system admin and Tier 3 help desk type. Sharepoint admin, SCCM, AD, yadda.

Also my wife, who is a Graphic Designer 3d animator with a BFA in Medical illustration. Works heavily in Adobe CS software, Maya, Final cut pro. She was recently laid off and her mom is Ill so if we can, we need to move.

Last edited:

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I seem to be having a lot of luck with recruiters in the Boston and NYC area looking for people with solid Linux/Unix/MySQL/PHP skills (LAMP). If anyone here has those and is looking for a job in either NYC/Boston, please PM me and I'll put you in touch with them.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Edit: Laid off on 3/5/10.

3/9/10: Interview with new company.

3/12/10: Followup call resulted in position offer - details to follow. Happy..happy...joy...joy...! :biggrin:

3/22/10: Started. First two days a little rocky but 3rd (24th) much better. Will see how it shakes out...feel pretty good right now.

Laid off today, effective by or before March 5th. Looking for a Electrical Controls/Automation Engineer position in the Lexington, KY area (within 30 mile radius of South Lexington). BS EE degree from University of Kentucky and 17.5 years as a Senior Electrical/Controls Engineer.

*PLC experience including Allen Braley, Siemens, Texas Instruments and Omron. Vast experience programming and setup on the Omron brand.

*HMI and touchscreen interfaces including QuickPanel, Greyline and Omron. Vast experience on Omron NS and NT series interfaces.

*Robot programming and integration including welding robot. ABB S4C controller with various ABB robots and Fanuc RJ3ib controllers and robots (including RJ2 welding controller)

*Discrete and analog sensors.

*Hydraulic and pneumatic valves and cylinders.

*Servo controllers - various brands. Both discrete I/O and network (DeviceNet, etc) capable.

*Motor contollers - various brands.

*Leak testing, both low pressure (vacuum) to high pressure (2,100+ pounds) with various leak rates.

*Various drawing packages including AutoCAD electrical drawings.

*Much more.

Resume and references provided upon request. Videos of work also available upon request.

Looking for a design job in a Tooling/Machine building business. Will consider factory automation support, but heart in the design/build/programming of the machine from the ground up.

Thank you.

Last edited:

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Are there any individuals in the Denver/Boulder, CO area whom works for an Aerospace & Defense firm? If so, I am looking for a job as a systems/electrical engineer.

I have two years experience in design for power systems and one year experience in military logistics systems engineering. I will furnish my resume upon request.

Thanks!

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Shift Work. (2nd shift, 4PM to 12AM Monday thru Friday)

MUST have excellent communications

Network Operations Engineer required to monitor, support and troubleshoot network related issues in a large customer centric 100% up-time required Network.

Candidate is required to work in a 24/7 operations environment and must understand Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol communications, as well as have the ability to troubleshoot , follow procedures, and document issues where required.

Requirements:
- At least 3 years working in network operations

Ability to troubleshoot in L2 and L3 environments
- Ability to follow NOC instructions and processes as well as contribute to the objectives of Network Operations
- Team player , self motivator, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be flexible to working 2nd and or 3rd shift as required
- CCNA required, CCNP or on CCNP track preferred.
- SolarWinds experience a plus.

Protocols:
- Spanning- Tree, HSRP, ISDN, EIGRP, NAT, ICMP, TACACS+, 802.1q Trunking; knowledge of BGP a plus.

Software & Tools:
- Cisco Works, Cisco IOS, Microsoft Excel

Hardware Platforms:
- Cisco 6500 switches with resilient SUP 720, Cisco 4000 switches, Cisco 2600 routers, etc

email or pm for more details.

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
The primary responsibility of the integration developer is to develop, test and deploy middleware applications using WebLogic Integration. The candidate must essentially have recent and strong experience in JMS, EJB, SQL and WebLogic Application Server

Required Skills:

·Must have minimum 5 years of strong experience in core Java
·Must have minimum 2 years of Java EE experience with recent technical knowledge in the following required technologies : JMS, EJB 2.0/3.0
·Must have minimum 1 year experience and expertise in development systems with WebLogic Application Server and WebLogic Workshop
·Must have strong knowledge of XML, DTD, XSD
·Must have worked with transformation technologies - XSLT or XQuery
·Must have experience w/relational databases - Oracle specifically
· Strong SQL with hands-on expertise in writing queries
·Knowledge of java logging using Log4j
·Must have capability of working in a team environment to accomplish tasks both individually and through working with others
·Knowledge of software development lifecycle experience: requirements, design, build, test
·Possess strong Technological, Analytical and Problem-solving Skills

Preferred Skills:
·Knowledge of Hibernate
·Experience with SOA design and development using application integration platforms - WebLogic Integration server preferred
·Hands On Web Services development experience with knowledge of SOAP, WSDL
·Working knowledge of Java Process Definitions (JPD)

Email or PM for details

kdawgxbox

Oct 13, 2005
Skill Set/ Experience

·5+ years of Java development experience
·2+ years of strong development experience using IBM BPM,
·2+ years of modeling, determining requirements for, and implementing, Human-Centric, and Integration centric

·Must have worked on implementing a large system involving complex human workflows
·Should understand rules engine integration
·Design and Develop process models using WebSphere Business Modeler
· Design, Development, Testing and Integration with applications and services in a SOA environment using WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere Process Server

·Develop SOA, EAI, J2EE, Web Services and Workflow based solutions for cost reduction, quick response time, integration of systems and efficiency improvements.

·Experience with Java Web Service development and XML technologies (XML, XSL, XSD, WSDL).

·Work effectively with Stakeholders (business and technical including Executive Management) within large organizations, global team and system integrators.

·Expertise in RUP based Use Case Driven Development.
·Perform system demos and Proof of Concepts PoC’s as required.
·Evaluate performance impact on existing systems and recommend solutions.
·Experience integrating diverse applications
·Experience in Spring framework is a plus

Email or PM for details

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
We're Looking for Network Engineer with Load Balancing(Citrix/F5) and some security experience in Midtown NYC. Position will probably be consultant instead of w2.

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Network/Systems Engineer with Telecommunications and IT consulting background looking for a new position in the Western Suburbs or Downtown Chicago, IL area as my team may be doing layoffs soon. Currently employed by a ISP. PM me if you have any opportunities for me.

Last edited:

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
We have many engineering positions available - mostly Chemical/Mechanical, but some of them state EE as being OK... Most of these are for 'real' engineers located at an ethanol plant, some are I/S positions preferring an engineering/IS degree (I just searched for keyword "engineer").

Various positions located in:
ALBERT CITY, IA
ALBION, NE
AURORA, SD
BLOOMINGBURG, OH
CHARLES CITY, IA
FORT DODGE, IA
HARTLEY, IA
JEFFERSON, WI
LINDEN, IN
PERRYTON, TX
SAN ANTONIO, TX
WELCOME, MN
WILMINGTON, CA

PM me if you'd like more info on positions in any of these cities.

Kilrsat

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
SnapStream Media is seeking a Software Engineer in Test to work on our Enterprise Television Search appliance.

Day to Day, you will:
* Write component and integration level automated tests (using nUnit)
* Validate developer coded unit level tests
* Investigate and implement best practices in testing
* Manually test at the application level
* Work with customers / focus groups, checking requirements and usability
* Test the software on our Hardware Platform

Required Skill Set:
* Be excited about the TV Search Platform
* A solid understanding of Windows architecture, programming, debugging
* Strong coding skills in C/C++ and/or C# and experience developing software on Windows platforms.
* Experience building and diagnosing PC hardware

Preferred Skill Set:
* Testing experience or college coursework dealing directly with testing methods
* Internship or Experience in dev or test on a commercial or internal software product.

SnapStream Offers:
* A team of very smart people to work with
* A chance for your voice to impact a product that touches thousands of customers
* The tools and perks to make coding fast and fun. (Dual LCD's, Free Drinks, Fast Fiber connection)
* Great benefits (Medical, 401k, Flexible Scheduling)

To apply:
Construct a short message about what technology excites you personally and send that, with your resume, to jobs@snapstream.com
We're a group of technophiles who love PCs, DVRs/video, anything hackable, gadgets and are seeking a like-minded individual to join our team.

Salary Range: $50k-$65k

pkananen

Mar 13, 2003
I need to fill 6-8 Java dev positions asap. Must be very strong in TDD and Agile methodologies! PM me!

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
This will be very specific:

I need someone with Ticketing(Box office, museum, zoos, performing art centers, that type of ticketing) experience to do customer support for software.

This is for a company of about 2000 with offices all over the world. This position is located in Charleston SC.

If you are interested I need to know within the next 2 weeks as this position must be filled by April.

Great company, great benefits, great location.

Experience writing SQL queries and web design wanted but not needed
Experience working with a non profit a huge plus

Message me if interested.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
SnapStream Media is seeking a Software Engineer in Test to work on our Enterprise Television Search appliance.

* The tools and perks to make coding fast and fun. (Dual LCD's, Free Drinks, Fast Fiber connection)

To apply:
Construct a short message about what technology excites you personally and send that, with your resume, to jobs@snapstream.com
We're a group of technophiles who love PCs, DVRs/video, anything hackable, gadgets and are seeking a like-minded individual to join our team.

Salary Range: $50k-$65k

LOL @ benefits!

Free drinks! fast internet! And best of all dual lcd's!

Any bites yet?

Koing

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Experience required:
1-2yrs+
Trader support at a vendor or broker would be essential
Order flow
equity market knowledge
fix
unix

Nice to haev
Any scripting skills would be an added bonus

Canary Wharf area (London UK)

Please pm for more details

Koing

L1FE

Dec 23, 2003
Looking to fill an immediate iPhone developer need. Work involves migrating an app from 2.0 to 3.0. Work would be NOVA area and contract to hire. PM for more details.