Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Verizon FIOS, FIOS Customer Support Analysts.

they are looking to hire about 100 new people by the end of the year at Freehold, NJ location (actually they will move before they max out because currently location is too small).

Commish

Jan 11, 2001
Our company based in Bloomington, MN is looking for a Database Admin/Analyst.

Duties:
Develop and maintain database dictionaries.
Maintain access and permission of database users.
Develop and maintain backup/recovery methods and procedures.
Write Structured Query Language (SQL) commands and extended stored procedures to access/transfer data in and out of the database.
Diagnosis of system problems relating to database system and operating system of database.
Tune database to achieve optimum performance in access methods.
Document database, backup, and security to Information Systems standards.
Process day-to-day database change requests.
Assist in resolving database replication issues.
Emergency on-call 7x24 weekly rotations (4 person rotation).

Requirements:
Successful candidates will have a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience. Degree in Computer Science or Business/Management Information Systems is preferred. Minimum 2 years of SQL programming experience and 4 years of application programming experience in a relational database environment.
Competent to work in all phases of database management.
Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL), Microsoft Windows NT and MS SQL Server Database.

Please feel free to PM me if you're interested. I believe they'll start the interview process next week.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Looking for a position in the region of Milwaukee, though relocation is possible. My undergrad is in Environmental Science and my graduate that I am working on now (shifting to part time) is Library and Information Science (related to Knowledge Management, Information Organization/Architecture, Organizational Development). Most recent held positions in Workforce Development/Economic Development.

I have lived around the country and do not have an issue with relocating.

Resume available.

RupTheKid

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
We are looking to hire a website designer / developer. We're looking for a robust site including e-commerce capabilities, something similar in scope to www.hometheaterstore.com. Must have experience with e-commerce, some flash, and ability to create an admin interface for website self-maintenence. I estimate this to be a 1-3 month project. We can supply our own graphic designer or you can bring your own to the table. Excellent communication skills are a MUST. Please email me directly if you have the requisite skills. No formal degree required, but a portfolio is a must.

Thanks,

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
We've got a couple C++ positions for immediate hire, located in downtown Portland OR. Senior or junior developers are fine. The positions are both on the engine team, so it is basically high performance, no UI. Multi-threading/multi-process experience is a plus. SQL isn't necessary but would get you extra credit. There would be a lot of maintaining existing code at first. PM me or email me for details.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
CHATTANOOGA, TN

LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR

This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of primary Linux servers and systems. This position is expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support and direction, and to learn new technologies quickly and resolve problems involved in integrating new technologies with existing systems. This position is responsible for specifying, designing, documenting, and administering database systems to include MySql, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle. QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or related field and certificates, or specialized training in systems management, or equivalent experience in systems management and software development, or equivalent combination of education, training, certifications, and experience. Must have 3 -5 years experience in systems programming or system administration on some type of Unix or Linux system; prefer 1 ? 2 years experience with Banner; 1 ? 2 years experience with system administration on Windows systems and database management of some type of RDBMS is preferred; must have above average knowledge in database security, directory management, email protocol, and networking concepts; able to learn new technical skills quickly; must have excellent time management and problem solving skills.

PM me if you're interested. If you're not from the area, feel free to ask me about anything. Thanks,

-Scar

chickadee

May 3, 2004
My company is hiring for two technical type positions (Jersey City, NJ):

Devix Corporation is currently looking enhance its US-Based development team with a seasoned developer proficient in Microsoft technologies. We are currently looking for the right candidates for our desktop or web development teams:

Candidates should have commercial development experience of 3+ years in C# and ASP.NET. Candidates should also have 2-4 years strong SQL Server experience with skills to create and maintain stored procedures, manage database objects and perform data optimization tasks as necessary. Experience in handling large data volumes is a plus.

Knowledge of latest web technologies is required, as is a genuine interest and passion for the web.

This role is a proactive one where the individual is expected to be self-motivated and proactive as a key member of a dynamic team. Candidate will be expected to be very ?hands-on? in a small business environment. Excellent verbal and written skills are required to work in the virtual office environment.

Overview of skills:

* C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET 1.1 and 2.0

* SQL Server 2000 and 2005

* Optimization and creation of complex stored procedures

* XML and SOAP are a plus

chickadee

May 3, 2004
The 2nd job is client account manager:

Responsibilities Include:
? Acting as liaison between our clients and our international development team. You will be the direct point of contact and responsible for managing and organizing the clients account.
? Making modifications to modules and data systems where necessary to resolve technical issues.
? Implementing 3rd party software (we are partners with many leaders in the industry, such as PayPal and Google).
? Setting up staging environments and running tests to recreate and analyze user problems.
? Effectively communicating with other Customer Advocates and team members to facilitate problem resolution and supplying small and large-scale solutions to clients.
? Assisting users with technical support issues and working with our maintenance ticketing system.
? Participating in client planning discussions to provide technical suggestions and solutions.

Requirements Include:
? Unrelenting commitment to our company?s five core values: Integrity, Trust, Teamwork, Discipline and Recognition.
? 3 years experience in technical support or development.
? 3 years experience in a customer support role.
? BA/BS degree or equivalent.
? Excellent organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects.
? Ability to recognize and act upon set priorities in a timely manner.
? Exceptional communication, phone, and literary skills.
? Must have the ability to learn procedure and keep pace in a fast moving environment.
? Must be interested in learning, continuous personal development, and growth.
? Enthusiastic, punctual, and reliable.
? Ability to demonstrate high degree of integrity and confidentiality.

Additional Bonuses:
? Experience working in an e-commerce or retail operation.
? Database and db tools knowledge (SQL server, Oracle) and .NET Programming Languages familiarity.
? Experience writing SQL scripts.
? Previous experience in a QA environment.
? Experience with PeopleSoft Enterprises or Siebel Enterprise solutions, preferably call center, service contracts, financials, human capital management or supply chain management modules

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
seeking a job in NEW YORK CITY

I prefer a part-time position since I'm taking classes at night but I am open to full time positions as well. Please contact me if you have anything open!

I have Information Systems background

kevinthenerd

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2002
I'm still underemployed. (I'm washing dishes to try to pay the bills.)

· BSME Mechanical Engineering, University of Central Florida
· Lots of retail experience
· Lots of hands-on hobbyist experience, including a 3-axis CNC mill that I designed, built, wired, and programmed with almost zero budget
· Located in Hudson, Florida (34667). Willing to drive up to an hour and a half to work (which would include the northern half of greater Tampa Bay)
· Unstoppable motivation. Self-starter. Honest. Creative. Friendly.
· I prefer conceptual and parametric design and analysis but am willing to do anything to use my degree.
· My salary is fully negotiable.

kevinthenerd at yahoo decimal com

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I'm happy to finally be able to help (I think).

I believe we are looking for Entry Level Developers, preferably proficient in C++ and/or Delphi. Upstate NY living, nice cool climates, etc. If you want to know more about the company... www.wetstonetech.com. Forensics and steganography is the focus, but there's a lot more under the hood.

Feel free to PM me.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
My company is hiring full-time network technicians and consultants in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area. It's a small business (~20 employees) but growing so fast it's not funny. We have clients lined up waiting to become customers as soon as we have the capacity to take them on. This is the best work environment possible, a great company to work for. If you don't have a sense of humor then move along.

Requirements are at least 1 certification or degree for level 1 technicians, a Bachelor's or more may net you a level 2 position. Note that this isn't 'level 1' and 'level 2' as they're commonly referred to in IT, a level 1 tech here will do network maintenance and server setup and maintenance, level 2 will do network design and planning, as well as possibly some supervision. We do little desktop and end-user support since we're really a network consulting business, not just IT support.

Also hiring a admin. assistant for the CEO right now. No technical knowledge is required but would be helpful.

PM me for more info.

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
We've got four engineering positions in downtown Portland (OR) now.

* OLAP Cube Architect ? Sr. Development Engineer
* Quality Engineer
* Quality Engineer
* Senior Software Engineer C/C++

PM me if interested.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: iamme
Entry level IT job in the Detroit, Michigan area. Send me a PM if interested.

Hi, we're looking to hire some night shift, entry level tier 1 help desk folks. There's definitely opportunity to expand within the company. Lots of cool perks within the company on to of the basic benefits/401K/vacation time/etc. Looking for resumes ASAP. PM me if you're interested.

still looking.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I am looking for an Entry level position (or what they call as Jr.) in , and around, the Minneapolis area. I can send my resume along to you if you have any positions available ! I am not sure if I am allowed to post a 'wanted' job ad, haha.

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
Looking for basically anything in NYC. Would <3 to work at home or work an off shift (i.e. not 9-5) but anything goes.

I have 3 years of compliance - 1.5 with FINRA (NASD) and I am thinking about getting into something else. I have experience managing, project management, finance, mutual funds, institutional funds, pension funds, etc.

I'm a techie at heart and think it will likely be impossible to get what I want to do -- programming - web design which is a hobby of mine at the moment so I don't have any "credentials" to put on my resume. anywhoo worth a lark.

PM ahoy!

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Our company is looking for a NOC operator. Strong Unix a must. Its 3 days on/4 days off, 12 hour shifts and lots of OT available. PM for more details

Northern NJ

Commish

Jan 11, 2001
Our company based in Bloomington, MN (we are a world wide company with corporate HQ in London) is looking for an entry level help desk person. We have 19 offices in the western hemisphere from Canada to South America.

MCDST would be a great thing to have, but not necessary. We run an XP/Server 2003 environment currently. Great benefits, including 3 weeks vacation annually to start. PM for more information.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Immediate Job Offer - Downtown Los Angeles - Preferable hire by 2/5/08!!!!!!

full time salary
SPECIFIC DUTIES
# Running and maintaining reports.

Microsoft Excel Requirements:
# Knowledge of Pivot tables, V lookups, data matching, data combination, and file conversions.
# Ability to manipulate data.

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
# Excellent computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel.
# Good math skills.
# Knowledge of Filemaker and SQL a plus.
# Excellent communication and reporting skills.
# Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
# Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
# Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
# Attitude: Focused, self-starter, multi- tasker, fast learner, organized and team worker.

mcmilljb

Platinum Member
May 17, 2005
If any one is looking to get some actual hands-on Cisco Router/Switch experience, you can pm me, and I can see about getting you some time on my setup. I have 3 2500 routers and 1 Catalyst 1900 (with Enterprise IOS). I am hoping to get 1 or 2 more switches and a 2600 router. My setup should be good enough for someone looking to reach CCNA status which is a good starting point if you are looking to get started in networking. My lab is not getting used since I am working on my MCSA right now. Just as a side note, having a CCNA helped me get my first 2 jobs. If you are interested, just pm me.

By the way, this is a totally free offer. I do not run one of those practice lab websites.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
SR. WEB DEVELOPER / WEB DESIGNER position (1 yr contract)

100% Remote.

I have an opportunity with a large Pharma company on the East Coast who needs someone to help design and develop a huge drug website for the company.

The skills needed are

PHP
LAMP
HTML
CSS
Javascript

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
We're currently looking for two Manufacturing Engineers (one with knowledge of composites) and a Product Design Engineer. Job is in Vonore, TN (near Knoxville/Maryville. I live in Knoxville, and the commute is not bad at all.) PM me if interested.