Neera Tanden Looks to be Rejected to her OMB Appointment

Nov 8, 2012
And good riddance.

If you want to hold the Democratic party to higher standards than the Republicans (which - one would hope you can at least achieve that low-level of a bar) then not appointing corrupt pieces of shit like Neera is a VERY good first step. She is the swamp 101 with corruption, child-like behaviors over the years, and the massive amount of bashing she has projected on Bernie and other progressives trying to make progress. That's aside from the fact that she has little to no experience in things that relate to the OMB position that Biden is attempting to appoint her to.

Thankfully Joe Fuckin' Manchin is the hero in this case of all people.

Of all things, anyone who calls themselves a progressive should be voting no as well.

Of course, the liberal media shows its true corrupt form - with article after article suggesting that she won't get the appointment because she is a WAMAN! I sincerely hope that everyone here can come-together and 100% agree on that this is a clear indication of what our corrupt news media has become. For anyone to come out and suggest random ridiculous shit like this - with no basis of facts - or any honest reporting on her past scrutiny - is truly disgusting.

They are pulling out all the stops with pulling the "Asian American" race card as well - none of this has anything to do with the validated scrutiny that people are bringing up.

Rising did a good account of everything:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Name the thing Tanden did that was corrupt. From what I understand Republicans are pissed at her because she called them nasty names.

That trait should make you like her considering the last 4 years.

BTW - when did you all of a sudden develop standards?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yeah, I haven't heard any allegations of "corruption." That was just the OP's added flourish. He is desperately hateful toward all female democrats.

What I find amusing is that the GOP is now concerned about "mean tweets." Seriously, the Senate GOP caucus who mostly supports Trump is concerned about remarks like referring to McConnell as "Moscow Mitch." Give me a break.

To be clear, I don't mind Manchin breaking ranks on this one, if he's trying to make the point that appointing someone with a history of rancorous partisan attacks is not a good look for Biden. I just don't want to hear it from anyone affiliated with the Party of Trump. They can all take their concerns about "mean tweets" and shove it up their collective bungholes.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
OP yet again shows his disdain for women in power who are liberal, making up claims of corruption where none exists. It's all about a few mean tweets.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
I'm just waiting for the OP to show Tanden's corruption. Bet that won't happen. Lying assholes don't tell the truth.

Of course he is not going to show anything.
Like any good trumpster, full blown or covered "but, but I voted for Biden... on AT" they have no substance

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
While I actually agree with Manchin about not voting for her, Manchin was willing to vote for much worse candidates including people like Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, so it's not like he has any high ground. However, I'd prefer a more progressive candidate for this position

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, I haven't heard any allegations of "corruption." That was just the OP's added flourish. He is desperately hateful toward all female democrats.

What I find amusing is that the GOP is now concerned about "mean tweets." Seriously, the Senate GOP caucus who mostly supports Trump is concerned about remarks like referring to McConnell as "Moscow Mitch." Give me a break.

To be clear, I don't mind Manchin breaking ranks on this one, if he's trying to make the point that appointing someone with a history of rancorous partisan attacks is not a good look for Biden. I just don't want to hear it from anyone affiliated with the Party of Trump. They can all take their concerns about "mean tweets" and shove it up their collective bungholes.
I *think* Bernie was alleging major corporate donors during the hearings, which is more than enough for "I'm not a Trumptard" Trumptards to jump directly to corruption while simultaneously not being concerned about corruption in "not a god-emperor" Trump's admin.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I have no opinion on this one, but I am glad to see OP found some standards again. Must have been cleaning out the closet and found them sometime in January after having misplaced them for 5 years. Typical conservative hypocrisy - suddenly cares about standards for holding government positions after saying nothing about the blatant disregard for the same standards under the previous administration. Nothing to see here.

Expect to see similar behavior form any and all shit-face, fucktard republicans for the foreseeable future. Anyone not totally over-qualified to hold a position will be voted down for reasons not apparent when the Trump brats were grifting in the white house. Inconsistency in thought and behavior is a trademark for the conservative brain.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What I found most interesting about this hearing is that the Republicans who could never find the time to read the tweets of the President of the United States somehow freed up enough room in their schedules to read hundreds or thousands of tweets by someone nominated to be OMB director. I wonder what happened? Maybe they had a time management seminar at a retreat or something.

While I agree with people here who say if Biden wants his brand to be unity and bipartisanship this isn't a great nominee from a public relations perspective. Let's all be serious here though that Republicans and the OP don't give a single shit about any mean tweets. Republicans don't because - duh. The OP doesn't because he's basically the human embodiment of a mean tweet. He's just mad that a woman might be in a powerful position.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Imagine being a fucking Republican scumfuck and thinking that a Cabinet official has to have better internet manners than the fucking shitbag you just voted to acquit for Insurrection against the government.

Republicans are fucking scumfuck traitors, all day, every day.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Of course, the liberal media shows its true corrupt form - with article after article suggesting that she won't get the appointment because she is a WAMAN!

OP what is a WAMAN?

Right now i can see a adult living in their parents basement.. foaming at the mouth screaming at their monitor..

Reactions: Meghan54

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Joe Manchin voted for Jeff Sessions who couldn't even be appointed as a federal judge due to racist comments. A few mean tweets is measly in comparison. Hmmmmm what's the difference?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Name the thing Tanden did that was corrupt. From what I understand Republicans are pissed at her because she called them nasty names.

That trait should make you like her considering the last 4 years.

BTW - when did you all of a sudden develop standards?

Yep, words hurt (now).

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I thought she explained all those "mean tweets" quite well. They were jokes, just like all that jocular humor Repubs. spread before and during the Trump admin.

Nov 8, 2012
OP what is a WAMAN?

Right now i can see a adult living in their parents basement.. foaming at the mouth screaming at their monitor..

I can only imagine the folks compiled in this video are the likes of every single one that is here valiantly defending a corrupt politician strictly based on their gender heh :D:D Keep on keeping on with your ignorance - as if calling out one individual for individual acts is something that should never be tolerated based on something entirely unrelated.

But heey, since you seemed to inquire, I'm married with 2 kids ;) So - not quite in a basement like the rest of the white knights here.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Who the f is the DINO?

First chance they get .. they break ranks.
That is D for you.
Good job.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You've offered no evidence of corruption so fuck off, traitor.

His chauvinism and misogyny to any woman with power that disagrees with him politically is so strong because he is so insecure in his manhood, that he just makes up lies and repeats them even when confronted so as to comfort his insecurities to the point he can function.