Neera Tanden Looks to be Rejected to her OMB Appointment

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did we ever find out why she was corrupt?

Also, turns out, as was predicted, that she'll just have another spot in the administration:
And we won't because the shitstain OP is lying again. Based on the actions of the last administration he doesn't know the meaning of corrupt.

In fact I'm convinced the OP doesn't know the meaning of most words.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
@s0me0nesmind1

hey shitforbrains lets circle back to this one, shall we? What did Neera Tanden do that was so corrupt?

he will do one of the following without a doubt -
ignore
deflect
laugh and not answer
post stupid meaningless memes

what he wont do is answer the question.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
@s0me0nesmind1

hey shitforbrains lets circle back to this one, shall we? What did Neera Tanden do that was so corrupt?

he will do one of the following without a doubt -
ignore
deflect
laugh and not answer
post stupid meaningless memes

what he wont do is answer the question.
Seriously, why bother then?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There seems to be an ongoing disagreement over whether people should reply to those who routinely make bad arguments and/or are trolls. Those who prefer to respond think that inaccurate claims should not be left undebunked. Those who prefer ignoring it say that responding only gives it a patina of legitimacy. There was a big debate about this in relation to online Holocaust deniers back in the day.

Probably the ideal outcome is that one person debunks while everyone else ignores. So that the contrary information is out there but the person pushing the disinformation isn't given excessive attention. However, in reality we cannot control who others choose to respond to. I would go so far as to say it isn't really our business who others choose to respond to.

Nov 8, 2012
There seems to be an ongoing disagreement over whether people should reply to those who routinely make bad arguments and/or are trolls. Those who prefer to respond think that inaccurate claims should not be left undebunked. Those who prefer ignoring it say that responding only gives it a patina of legitimacy. There was a big debate about this in relation to online Holocaust deniers back in the day.

Probably the ideal outcome is that one person debunks while everyone else ignores. So that the contrary information is out there but the person pushing the disinformation isn't given excessive attention. However, in reality we cannot control who others choose to respond to. I would go so far as to say it isn't really our business who others choose to respond to.

Bad arguments? How about this - you tell me why Neera Tanden didn't get confirmed if it was just for "bad argument".... even though it was entirely validated by the end result lol.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Bad arguments? How about this - you tell me why Neera Tanden didn't get confirmed if it was just for "bad argument".... even though it was entirely validated by the end result lol.

You know, I'm someone who has not really given you a hard time about this, but you're ignoring the issue here. You said in your OP that Tanden was "corrupt" but have produced no evidence of said corruption. Tanden wasn't confirmed because of so-called "mean tweets." Period.

You've been asked to defend your original assertion but so far have come up with nothing. You could just have admitted to getting carried away with your OP and this would have been over months ago.

Nov 8, 2012
You know, I'm someone who has not really given you a hard time about this, but you're ignoring the issue here. You said in your OP that Tanden was "corrupt" but have produced no evidence of said corruption. Tanden wasn't confirmed because of so-called "mean tweets." Period.

You've been asked to defend your original assertion but so far have come up with nothing. You could just have admitted to getting carried away with your OP and this would have been over months ago.
Nope. Not really - though that was cherry on the top for instant-confirmation that she was a dumb asshat as expected.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

She wasn’t confirmed because she fucked GOP feels.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Nope. Not really - though that was cherry on the top for instant-confirmation that she was a dumb asshat as expected.

Can't read the entire piece because it's WSJ paywall, but if that article says nothing about corruption on the part of Tanden, then you continue to fail.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Yikes, lol. Ajay isn't too "weak", I'd offer that he just doesn't see the value in owning outtahismind, cuz he owns himself repeatedly.

Yeah, he is, it's the "coddle the fascists" approach and I don't like that at all, fuckem all to death.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021

That is your evidence that she's corrupt?

Look, incel boi, admitting you are wrong and learning from your mistakes is a sign of both humility and strength and it's something you simply cannot muster.

The alternative to it is that you are utterly and completely pathetic and yeah, you are.

Reactions: VW MAN

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I am guessing someone seen something like this before posting, then gets grilled on it, goes back and watches it again only to realize that it really quantifies a big fat zero in terms of Tanden and corruption.. And now he is just on repeat losing the plot, over and over and over again.. All cause a true Q_Trumb-Prain cant admit being wrong, its double down or die trying.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

serious question: how many grades (or years, total) were you held back in primary school?

I don't care why--I know it was at least once.

Reactions: Meghan54

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
serious question: how many grades (or years, total) were you held back in primary school?

I don't care why--I know it was at least once.
I just hope he gets all this abject stupidity out here and is a fairly normal person with his wife and kids.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Really? Really? Because I can read that full piece, and all this "dumb asshat" apprarently did to invoke the wrath of the GOP was:

Ms. Tanden has faced criticism from some lawmakers for her past statements on social media, which included jabs at senators. She compared Mr. McConnell to Voldemort, the Harry Potter villain; she referred to Ms. Collins as “the worst”; and said that “vampires have more heart” than Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas).

Not the most professional behavior, but hardly something I'd reject a nomination for. Especially when the GOP explicitly tolerated (and arguably condoned) Trump tweeting things far, far more toxic than that. And curiously, there's no mention of corruption.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Really? Really? Because I can read that full piece, and all this "dumb asshat" apprarently did to invoke the wrath of the GOP was:

Ms. Tanden has faced criticism from some lawmakers for her past statements on social media, which included jabs at senators. She compared Mr. McConnell to Voldemort, the Harry Potter villain; she referred to Ms. Collins as “the worst”; and said that “vampires have more heart” than Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas).

Not the most professional behavior, but hardly something I'd reject a nomination for. Especially when the GOP explicitly tolerated (and arguably condoned) Trump tweeting things far, far more toxic than that. And curiously, there's no mention of corruption.
He can’t show examples of her corruption because there aren’t any. He could just apologize for lying about her but if he did he wouldn’t be @s0me0nesmind1.

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You still have failed to answer a direct question. You don't get to demand answers from ANYONE or bitch about the lack of diverse opinions until you can can a direct question that does little more then challenge your bullshit assertions.

Don't you get tired of being proven a coward and a moron on a daily basis?

I would suggest everyone refuse to answer any of his questions until he answers this one. Respond with, "I will answer once you tell us what Neera Tanden did that was corrupt."

Reactions: Fenixgoon