fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not NBC, an opinion piece clearly labeled as such hosted on their site. By your logic when the NYT hosted an opinion piece by Mitch McConnell the other day it was advocating for his views.

Please correct your headline as it is false.

Reactions: Meghan54

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Not NBC, an opinion piece clearly labeled as such hosted on their site. By your logic when the NYT hosted an opinion piece by Mitch McConnell the other day it was advocating for his views.

Please correct your headline as it is false.

This mainstream site thinks this is a worthy article.

What isn't accurate in your warped view?

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Most of life is dealt with in opinions. This is a mainstream media site giving this person a platform. This is acceptable to today's liberal audience.

Leftists try to argue against giving people a "platform," too. Ignore the idiots opinion, don't post links so they get clicks, and move on.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Leftists try to argue against giving people a "platform," too. Ignore the idiots opinion, don't post links so they get clicks, and move on.

The thing of it is to me that the right has become somewhat more moderate in recent years while the left has jumped to the left. Views like this that would have been extreme to anyone in the past now find their way to mainstream media sites. The "patriarchy" lie gets repeated and gains life, this is enabled by the mainstream pandering to their left audience. It was not long ago that the idea of socialized college, convicted imprisoned child rapists and domestic terrorists voting, no borders, healthcare for all, etc. etc would have been shunned. The left jumps left, and what seems too left today seems to be the norm in the very near future.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The thing of it is to me that the right has become somewhat more moderate in recent years while the left has jumped to the left. Views like this that would have been extreme to anyone in the past now find their way to mainstream media sites. The "patriarchy" lie gets repeated and gains life, this is enabled by the mainstream pandering to their left audience. It was not long ago that the idea of socialized college, convicted imprisoned child rapists and domestic terrorists voting, no borders, healthcare for all, etc. etc would have been shunned. The left jumps left, and what seems too left today seems to be the norm in the very near future.
Keep compartmentalizing people into groups so you can eliminate their rights and fighting to make sure the wealthy never have to play by the same rules that you and the other plebs have to play by. You are doing the Lord's work.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Keep compartmentalizing people into groups so you can eliminate their rights and fighting to make sure the wealthy never have to play by the same rules that you and the other plebs have to play by. You are doing the Lord's work.

Look at today's Democrat candidates. Most of them are trying to out-left each other. A bunch of followers that saw Bernie shake things up in 2016 so now they're all desperate to show how lefty they are and make that same splash with their base.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...worth-isn-t-just-celebrity-fodder-ncna1042931

More inane liberalism. There is no patriarchy. This is yet another example of liberals jumping left of common sense. Feminists and liberals no longer fight for equality but privilege and and the right to hate straight white men. The modern red scare, bigotry and racism hiding behind every corner.

0524abd4e59187c161661bb23db5bb1e61a9d7-v5-wm.jpg

Grab my fainting couch

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I am confused. Are we supposed to pay attention to Hollywood or not.

Seems like slow gets his panties in a knot soo many times he has cut off circulation to his dingus

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This mainstream site thinks this is a worthy article.

What isn't accurate in your warped view?

You are attributing the opinion to NBC when it is explicitly not NBC's opinion. New sites host opinion articles they don't agree with all the time.

Please edit your title to note this is not the opinion of NBC or I will report your post and have it changed for you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You are attributing the opinion to NBC when it is explicitly not NBC's opinion. New sites host opinion articles they don't agree with all the time.

Please edit your title to note this is not the opinion of NBC or I will report your post and have it changed for you.

To sate your precious feels, I added "opinion piece" to the title. So this piece, given a voice on and hosted on NBC.com doesn't get confused with being part of NBC.com, for you.

Mar 11, 2004
Damn OP, you can't seem to do anything without fucking it up. Which I'm sure this was an intentional instance, but you still fucked it up so now you're having to play extra stupid which you fuck up even further because it reveals what a complete dumb shit you are.

Quick everybody, him and someonesmind are reaching CRITICAL duMbASS, shield yourselves, the reactors gonna blow! (Not Turmp or each other for a change!)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
To sate your precious feels, I added "opinion piece" to the title. So this piece, given a voice on and hosted on NBC.com doesn't get confused with being part of NBC.com, for you.

Your previous title was a lie as NBC was not saying what you attributed to it. By your logic anything Facebook hosts is Facebook saying it, for example.

Not sure why your feelings were hurt by this but you really need to grow some thicker skin.

Mar 11, 2004
I am confused. Are we supposed to pay attention to Hollywood or not.

Seems like slow gets his panties in a knot soo many times he has cut off circulation to his dingus

Not only that, but the article is just saying that women are going "oh, I like women too" and somehow that's "hating on straight white males" by pointing out how it sends insecure "men" like the OP into a rage that women dare call out such behavior let alone embrace their own sexual desires. He's just proving the point of that article. As did both the shooters that were referenced in that article as well.

I think you're onto something there. That's probably led the OP to be one of those psychos that can only get an erection when he's got his blood pressure raging.

Mar 11, 2004
Your previous title was a lie as NBC was not saying what you attributed to it. By your logic anything Facebook hosts is Facebook saying it, for example.

Not sure why your feelings were hurt by this but you really need to grow some thicker skin.

That is really how they think of it, which is why they're desperate to force companies to have to spread their hate speech. It gives it validity in their eyes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That is really how they think of it, which is why they're desperate to force companies to have to spread their hate speech. It gives it validity in their eyes.

It is interesting how they simultaneously want to attribute opinions hosted on a website to the website's owner while also saying websites should have no ability to screen what content they host.

As usual what they really mean by all this is that businesses should just do whatever conservatives demand.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

It was not a lie, but I changed the title for your snowflake feels.

That is a retarded comparison. Facebook is a free form site, you can post anything, only if it is flagged or some automated censorship bot catches something one posts is it stopped from being published. NBC on the other hand hires people to write pieces, the piece is submitted and presumably looked over by some kind of editorial staff that works for NBC and then given the green light to be published. NBC is a mainstream news site, FB is a social media site used by average Joes.

NBC and FB are not the same thing. They're not even a similar thing.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I think the premise of the opinion piece is woefully misguided but bully to the author for feeling good about what she sees as a good development against the "hetrosexual foundation of the patriarchy" or whatever construct she built.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
right has become somewhat more moderate in recent years
Holyshit what???

socialized college, convicted imprisoned child rapists and domestic terrorists voting, no borders, healthcare for all, etc. etc would have been shunned. The left jumps left, and what seems too left today seems to be the norm in the very near future.

Now please do tell who is endorsing rapists/terrorists voting? Also open borders, which politicians is endorsing this?

And government provided college and healthcare is the norm in the rest of the rich, modern world. And in some cases in not so rich world too. You know, because it's a benefit to a nation to have smart, healthy people? Is that such a hard concept?