NBC opinion piece: Miley Cyrus split a blow to the patriarchy / hetro isn't working

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
How can you know what they are experiencing if you are not them, nor look like them?

I just love when white people try to tell black people what they experience.

Or men try to tell women what they experience.

You mean others experience things like when I got passed over for a job just for the color of my skin and being male? Tell me, which side of the fence is for institutionalized racism, affirmative action?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You mean others experience things like when I got passed over for a job just for the color of my skin and being male? Tell me, which side of the fence is for institutionalized racism, affirmative action?
Why don't you stop making yourself a victim and just come to terms with the fact that you weren't the most qualified candidate?

Reactions: Meghan54

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why don't you stop making yourself a victim and just come to terms with the fact that you weren't the most qualified candidate?

I absolutely was. And, it was quite plainly explained to me later the real reason why I didn't get the job. I'm friends with one of the women that did get that job to this day. You can try and pretend it didn't happen all you'd like, but the bottom line was I did not get the position because I am a white male.

Nov 25, 2013
I absolutely was. And, it was quite plainly explained to me later the real reason why I didn't get the job. I'm friends with one of the women that did get that job to this day. You can try and pretend it didn't happen all you'd like, but the bottom line was I did not get the position because I am a white male.

Liar

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've read through the entire thread, including slow's repeated postings, and I still have not found even a scintilla of a reason why I, as a liberal, should give care one about what happens in Hollywood. OP seems to love to negatively stereotype the evil liberals every time he can, whether his gripe is rational or not.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Judging by your posts here I'm going to posit it had more to do your general incompetence than with color and gender.

Meanwhile, the only way to undo institutionalized racism is to mandate corrective actions.

But you're too busy being a triggered victim to understand that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
How can you know what they are experiencing if you are not them, nor look like them?

I just love when white people try to tell black people what they experience.

Or men try to tell women what they experience.

No, you don't get it. It is that I simply see people as people, you only know how to see brown people, black people, white people, etc... different types of victims. I go through life like that and I see the same play out pretty well every day in my community. And I travel the country enough to see the same is true everywhere I go. If you live somewhere in the US in which that is not the case, please let me know where you live so I can avoid that shithole. Maybe you should live in a flyover state (the midwest is nice), we're logical and not so racist here.

I'm sorry that some buy into the idea that they are victims because that's what the Democrats sell to them. But, not one of you NPCs here has been able to answer me when I ask, what stops a person, any able bodied and willing to work person from achieving in this country if they make responsible decisions and put the effort in? There is nothing to do with skin color, race, ethnicity, sex, religion, etc. that will hold anyone back that does that. You can make all the excuses in the world, but this is where personal responsibility comes in. The right thinks you should take responsibility for your actions, the left wants everyone to pay the toll of bad responsibilities.

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Judging by your posts here I'm going to posit it had more to do your general incompetence than with color and gender.

Meanwhile, the only way to undo institutionalized racism is to mandate corrective actions.

But you're too busy being a triggered victim to understand that.

Racists defend racism and racist policies.

Nov 25, 2013
No, you don't get it. It is that I simply see people as people, you only know how to see brown people, black people, white people, etc... different types of victims. I go through life like that and I see the same play out pretty well every day in my community. And I travel the country enough to see the same is true everywhere I go. If you live somewhere in the US in which that is not the case, please let me know where you live so I can avoid that shithole. Maybe you should live in a flyover state (the midwest is nice), we're logical and not so racist here.

I'm sorry that some buy into the idea that they are victims because that's what the Democrats sell to them. But, not one of you NPCs here has been able to answer me when I ask, what stops a person, any able bodied and willing to work person from achieving in this country if they make responsible decisions and put the effort in? There is nothing to do with skin color, race, ethnicity, sex, religion, etc. that will hold anyone back that does that. You can make all the excuses in the world, but this is where personal responsibility comes in. The right thinks you should take responsibility for your actions, the left wants everyone to pay the toll of bad responsibilities.

<yawn> #fuckofftroll <yawn>

Reactions: obidamnkenobi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Your projection literally never ends.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

No. You don't get it.

Systemic, institutionalized persistent racism is a scientifically proven fact as this meta analysis proves.

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/41/10870.full

Blacks have a 36% handicap in the workplace based solely on the color of their skin. That is scientific consensus. Not just one study, but thousands of studies. And that hasn't changed in 40 years. Not one bit.

Because of people like you.

No one is "buying into" anything here. This is the reality minorities face every day in this country.

And you are not, in any way shape or form, qualified to dismiss it.

You are not, in any way shape or form, qualified to tell minorities what they experience.

The best you can do, is listen to the majority consensus on their opinion of how they are treated in society. Anything else is simply you trying to force the facts to fit your world view.

Last edited:

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Smart move by that company thought because statistically they can probably pay her less and she has to be smarter than you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No. You don't get it.

Systemic, institutionalized persistent racism is a scientifically proven fact as this meta analysis proves.

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/41/10870.full

Blacks have a 36% handicap in the workplace based solely on the color of their skin. That is scientific consensus. Not just one study, but thousands of studies. And that hasn't changed in 40 years. Not one bit.

Because of people like you.

No one is "buying into" anything here. This is the reality minorities face every day in this country.

And you are not, in any way shape or form, qualified to dismiss it.

You are not, in any way shape or form, qualified to tell minorities what they experience.

The best you can do, is listen to the majority consensus on their opinion of how they are treated in society. Anything else is simply you trying to force the facts to fit your world view.

Bullshit.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I must be getting out of touch with the younger generation.
What the heck does "split a blow" mean?

Also, how is that girl so popular?
She cant sing, she isnt hot, and she never has anything intelligent to say.
She's a slightly more tolerable version of Paris Hilton.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Bullshit.
We know what you believe is keeping you from achieving in this country, and that's your victimhood of reverse discrimination.

Seriously, unless you're just doing this because you crave the negative attention, take your own advice.

Feb 16, 2005
I must be getting out of touch with the younger generation.
What the heck does "split a blow" mean?

Also, how is that girl so popular?
She cant sing, she isnt hot, and she never has anything intelligent to say.
She's a slightly more tolerable version of Paris Hilton.
I get it, I really do, but when I saw this video it kinda changed my perspective on her. I mean they're singing a fucking Replacements song.