My Custom X1900xt(X) bios

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
anyone here know where/how to flash your x1900xt to xtx? i have an ati branded 1900xt is it possible? thanks. a PM would work too

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: LOUISSSSS
anyone here know where/how to flash your x1900xt to xtx? i have an ati branded 1900xt is it possible? thanks. a PM would work too

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

its on the 1st POST!

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
ATI winflash? i haven't clicked on any of the links.. does my card need to have the samsung ram also? becuase i'm not sure which ram i have on my card

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: LOUISSSSS
ATI winflash? i haven't clicked on any of the links.. does my card need to have the samsung ram also? becuase i'm not sure which ram i have on my card

the best thing you can do is remove your x1900 heatsink and look @ the ram. If it says BJ11 then you can use this. If not, tendras que seguir con tu bios actual, Luis.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Sorry, man. If its an XT, its a matter of luck. Just remove the heatsink -- its quite easy. Also might want to replace the stock thermal paste with some Arctic Silver 5. Of course only spread a pea sized amount and remove the old paste with some 100% rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth (like an old T-shirt)

Again, it should say BJ11 for this to work. If it says BJ12, I wouldn't try it -- nay, I forbid you try it.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Well I'm able to OC my cards memory to 837 w/ stock cooling (IceQ3), not to shabby if I do say so myself and I only stopped increasing it because of how hot the temps were getting. It had no visable artifacts or noticable freezing during testing, 3dMark, or Oblivion. The temps got up to 85C during artifact testing but Oblivion never comes close to getting that high. Is this good enough to 'guess' that I have BJ1.1 ram? I would rather wait until I get another cooler before removing the HSF, I know it's no big deal but I get a little nervious messing with $350+ peripherals when I don't really have to.

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
with the stock cooler, i think i get a higher oc with ati-tool, so i'll stick with that. i got a x1900xt, would that mean i have the 1.1 ram? forgot to mention, i dont mind cracking open my x1900xt just to see, as long as its just like taking apart my x800xl when i did that to switch to the arctic cooling unit.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Truenofan
with the stock cooler, i think i get a higher oc with ati-tool, so i'll stick with that. i got a x1900xt, would that mean i have the 1.1 ram? forgot to mention, i dont mind cracking open my x1900xt just to see, as long as its just like taking apart my x800xl when i did that to switch to the arctic cooling unit.

Wow that's exactly what I did with my previous card (AC Silencer Rev. 5 on X800XL) and yeah it was pretty easy with good instructions.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

Wow that's exactly what I did with my previous card (AC Silencer Rev. 5 on X800XL) and yeah it was pretty easy with good instructions.

yeah. My card can do 720/830 but I can't OC it without it being a hassle since I have Crossfire. SO this is what the bios is mostly for.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
no no, im asking since i hit 820mhz on the ram, do i have the 1.1ns ram.

Do I think??? :D

Dude, there's no way of knowing without removing your heatsink. Remove it, look @ ram -- it should say BJ11 :)

Ropey

Feb 6, 2006
Will this flash work with an ATi X1900 Crossfire Card?

Also, I downloaded the newest version of Rabit but it does not recognise my built by ati x1900CF. Logging gives the below data but no recognition in the main pages. Any ideas why please?

Code:
-- RaBiT v.2.0.0 build 616 started --
> RaBiT driver v.2.0.2 is ready
-- Your ATi video adapter low level info --
Vendor: 0x1002, SubVendor: 0x1002 (ATI Technologies Inc)
Device: 0x7249 (), SubSystem: 0x0D02
On Board EEPROM: No ROM
Active pipelines: 16, GB_TILE_CONFIG = 0x0141001F
GB_PIPE_SELECT = 0x00003FE4
-- Memory bus and clocking info --
Memory: 256 bits, 512 Mb
Memory Vendor ID = 0xFFFFFFFF
Core clock = 499.50 MHz
Memory clock = 594.00 MHz
-- Active memory timings --
tCL = 09
tRcdRD = 09
tRcdWR = 18
tRP = 08
tRRD = 08
tR2W = 0C
MemRR = 1D
tRFC = 20

Here's the AtiWinflash BIOS view of old rom and new rom. Will this work? 1.1ns DRAM.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/Ropey123/bios.jpg

Thanks,

R

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Ropey
Will this flash work with an ATi X1900 Crossfire Card?

Also, I downloaded the newest version of Rabit but it does not recognise my built by ati x1900CF. Logging gives the below data but no recognition in the main pages. Any ideas why please?

Code:
-- RaBiT v.2.0.0 build 616 started --
> RaBiT driver v.2.0.2 is ready
-- Your ATi video adapter low level info --
Vendor: 0x1002, SubVendor: 0x1002 (ATI Technologies Inc)
Device: 0x7249 (), SubSystem: 0x0D02
On Board EEPROM: No ROM
Active pipelines: 16, GB_TILE_CONFIG = 0x0141001F
GB_PIPE_SELECT = 0x00003FE4
-- Memory bus and clocking info --
Memory: 256 bits, 512 Mb
Memory Vendor ID = 0xFFFFFFFF
Core clock = 499.50 MHz
Memory clock = 594.00 MHz
-- Active memory timings --
tCL = 09
tRcdRD = 09
tRcdWR = 18
tRP = 08
tRRD = 08
tR2W = 0C
MemRR = 1D
tRFC = 20

Here's the AtiWinflash BIOS view of old rom and new rom. Will this work? 1.1ns DRAM.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/Ropey123/bios.jpg

Thanks,

R

Hey, ropey. A couple of things.

Don't use this for your crossfire card!!

2nd, if you're using crossfire, use only 1 card @ a time to flash.
In case you accidentally flashed your crossfire card to XTX, do the following:

Only your CF card should be in your pc then Look to see if you have 1.1n or 1.2n ram by removing the heatsink (if the ram says BJ11, then it's 1.1 -- if it says BJ12 it's 1.2) and then download the appropiate crossfire bios from techpower up since you confused your CF card (it thinks it's an xtx -- no crossfire!).

Then only place your regular x1900 (non crossfire card) back in and flash it with my bios (if it meets my criteria -- 1st post). THEN insert your CF card too and then you can use it.

It's a limitation of WinFlash so there's nothing I can do about it.

If you manage to figure it out, or if you still need more help, holla.

Ropey

Feb 6, 2006
I bought this card off of a forum. I have not flashed it. It is a CF board. I only have the one card so not a dual card solution.

From my prior post, are you saying that the board has allready been flashed or something is in error? I noticed that the bios readings said Onboard EEPRom = No Rom and this seems strange.

I appreciate the quick answer :) I understand that your flash file will not work for my card. Can I save my BIOS and change the fan speeds though? I've done many system flashes and video card flashes but haven't done any editing of BIOS files.

Thanks,

R

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Ropey
I bought this card off of a forum. I have not flashed it. It is a CF board. I only have the one card so not a dual card solution.

From my prior post, are you saying that the board has allready been flashed or something is in error? I noticed that the bios readings said Onboard EEPRom = No Rom and this seems strange.

I appreciate the quick answer :) I understand that your flash file will not work for my card. Can I save my BIOS and change the fan speeds though? I've done many system flashes and video card flashes but haven't done any editing of BIOS files.

Thanks,

R

Yes, you can go ahead and change the fan speeds yourself. I thought you got the error from trying to flash. Obviously there's no problem if you haven't tried to flash it.

Ropey

Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for your reply. I still wonder about the Onboard EEPRom = No Rom though. I guess a flash will tell if there is an EEPRom though :)

Regards,

R

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
well i popped my xt open a few days ago and cleaned it all off, put some arcticsilver 5 on it, runs bout 3-5C lower, but i do have the 1.1ns ram(sweet), guess i lucked out since i got one when they first started making em. question, anyone push more than 1.55volts on the a64 winchester cores with air cooling, as it is currently overclocked, i only get 42C under load, and 33-35C idle. im just wondering if its safe at these temps.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
well i popped my xt open a few days ago and cleaned it all off, put some arcticsilver 5 on it, runs bout 3-5C lower, but i do have the 1.1ns ram(sweet), guess i lucked out since i got one when they first started making em. question, anyone push more than 1.55volts on the a64 winchester cores with air cooling, as it is currently overclocked, i only get 42C under load, and 33-35C idle. im just wondering if its safe at these temps.

I used to use 1.75 to make my old 3500+ Venice to 2.7 Ghz... idle was 40, load was 50.

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
hm.....i think my cpu wont go over 218x11, it bairly hits near 2.4ghz. even at 1.65 volts......spose its just not a good overclocking core i got? and i get 8.883 in 3dmark05 now.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
I've read conflicting answers on this, so I'll ask it here....

If I am running a single card, does the flash give me any benefit over OCing to XTX speeds?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: zendari

If I am running a single card, does the flash give me any benefit over OCing to XTX speeds?

This is avove xtx speeds actually.

You can try overclocking to these speeds and running aome graphical application like a game for a while and let it heat up. It if locks or gives strange artifacts etc. drop down lower.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: zendari

It's faster than xtx blizzard @ the same speed because of tighter memory timings.