My Custom X1900xt(X) bios

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
If you want it PM me

Works with any brand XT or XTX that has 1.1 samsung memory. For example, I have a Sapphire x1900xt with this bios. My friend is using it too he has a powercolor x1900xt

This is a modified Sapphire toxic bios (Also known as Sapphire Blizzard). I changed all the relaxed timings to regular XTX speeds which makes it actually faster than the toxic card. The fan is made to run faster under load. My purpose was to not have to use ATI Tool with crossfire (PITA) and still have an OCed slave card. This is if all you want is a modest OC or if your card can't take all that much.

Please be sure you can run 675/1600 before downloading! Also this is only recommended for Samsung 1.1 memory. Make a backup using ATI WinFlash before anything else.

To find out if you can use this, remove the heatsink and look @ the ram chips. If they say BJ11, then it is safe to use. If it says BJ12...dont try it.

I also recommend you replace the stock thermal paste with some arctic silver 5 while you are @ it.

TO flash the bios, use ATI WinFLASH
Choose to force flash

I created my bios with Rabit 2.0

You should only have 1 vid card in there @ a time

Please leave me feedback :) or if you have any questions, go ahead.

BTW, I scored 11,457 3dmark06 with the bios on my XT and 675/1600 for my Crossfire Card:beer:

20,144 3dmark05 :shocked:

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
In order to keep the card cool, I made the fan significantly faster @ >75C. Try it out and see if you like it. I wanted to keep the card really cool.

Fistandantilis

Aug 29, 2004
Has anyone tried this yet?

Whats the difference if I just OC my card to your stated speed? relaxed timeing?

also will this bios work on a powercolor model? I thought that the BIOS's are manufacturer dependant.

Thanks, I ran my pwercolor at those speeds and it ran flawlessly, but I am a bit weary about flashing the card but I would like to hear some feedback to maybe sway my decition.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
you should be fine, mate. In fact, in my rush I much earlier actually flashed my Crossfire edition to xtx...and it still worked O_O.

Easily reflashed back and, of course, tweaked it :)

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
So this is one way to ensure that an Xfire setup can both be ran at the exact same speeds and XTX+ speeds at that? Interesting....and kudos.:thumbsup::cookie:

I would like to try it, but I'm going to be getting my watercooling going soon, and I don't have another X1900 and I have mine overclocked @700/1580 right now and am doing alright. Thanks for the addition though, will probably use it in the future.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: josh6079
So this is one way to ensure that an Xfire setup can both be ran at the exact same speeds and XTX+ speeds at that? Interesting....and kudos.:thumbsup::cookie:

I would like to try it, but I'm going to be getting my watercooling going soon, and I don't have another X1900 and I have mine overclocked @700/1580 right now and am doing alright. Thanks for the addition though, will probably use it in the future.

Will be useful for crossfire (reason I did this). My xt can easily do 700/1600 @ 65C but since it's the slave card now, I'll take any OCing.

There's no way to change the 3d Clocks @ the moment through bios but hopefully soon. That's why I used the sapphire toxic bios as a starter.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Changed link to Winflash 1.06 since the 1.1 version removes the force option. Without it, it won't work. Sorry. Didn't notice the change and figured I might as well should have linked to a newer version. Anyway, if you follow the instructions, it will work without any problems.

One important note, when you flash a card with WinFlash, only have 1 in there @ a time or else it will flash both. So insert only an XT or XTX version when flashing. I noticed this when Device manager said I had 2 crossfire cards running (tweaking crossfire bios).

Gave me no problems, I easily reflashed to XTX toxic edition.

If you download it, I'll give you a cookie
::waves :cookie: ::

Shaotai

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2002
I downloaded it. I'm now running it... Thanks... :)

I have a powercolor 1900xt w/1.1 chips. runs great...

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Fistandantilis

Whats the difference if I just OC my card to your stated speed? relaxed timeing?

also will this bios work on a powercolor model? I thought that the BIOS's are manufacturer dependant.

Thanks, I ran my pwercolor at those speeds and it ran flawlessly, but I am a bit weary about flashing the card but I would like to hear some feedback to maybe sway my decition.

I flashed my Sapphire XT to an ATI XTX BIOS and it seems to work fine. I might try that editing utility to make my Accelero X2 run 100% all the time without the use of 3rd party software.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Golgatha

I flashed my Sapphire XT to an ATI XTX BIOS and it seems to work fine. I might try that editing utility to make my Accelero X2 run 100% all the time without the use of 3rd party software.

You sure can. Rabit is easy to use. The mem part is tricky so unless you know what's up I'd leave that part alone. The fan part is easy to change.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: gersson
Originally posted by: Golgatha

You sure can. Rabit is easy to use. The mem part is tricky so unless you know what's up I'd leave that part alone. The fan part is easy to change.

Yeha I'm going to change that part too. The Accelro is pretty quiet so I am just going to set that to 100% I've got a swamp cooler running in the room i'm in so noise really isn't a factor on my PC for the tiem being haha.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
How safe is this? How can I tell if I have 1.1 Samsung memory on my XT? Is the IceQ3 cooler my card came with good enough to use with this BIOS? Bah, I'm so jealous of that 3dMark06 score, it's almost higher than my 3dMark05! :Q

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'm using an Enermax Noisetaker 600w SLI ready. Its great, stable power and is extremely quiet.

How safe is it? I messed up and flashed both cards to be crossfire cards and nothing bad happened...I also once flashed both to be x1900xtxs and still nothing bad happened... Not a good idea, obviously but it goes to show you its pretty much idiot proof.