My Custom X1900xt(X) bios

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Unfortunately I have the infineon memory on my xt so the best I can really do is xtx speeds.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
Originally posted by: gersson
Works with any brand XT or XTX that have 1.1 samsung memory. For example, I have a Sapphire x1900xt with this bios. My friend is using it too he has a powercolor x1900xt

This is a modified Sapphire toxic bios (Also known as Sapphire Blizzard). I changed all the relaxed timings to regular XTX speeds which makes it actually faster than the toxic card. The fan is made to run faster under load. My purpose was to not have to use ATI Tool with crossfire (PITA) and still have an OCed slave card. This is if all you want is a modest OC or if your card can't take all that much.

Please be sure you can run 675/1600 before downloading! Also this is only recommended for Samsung 1.1 memory. Make a backup using ATI WinFlash before anything else.

To find out if you can use this, remove the heatsink and look @ the ram chips. If they say BJ11, then it is safe to use. If it says BJ12...dont try it.

I also recommend you replace the stock thermal paste with some arctic silver 5 while you are @ it.

Gersson's custom bios

TO flash the bios, use ATI WinFLASH
Choose to force flash

I created my bios with Rabit 2.0

You should only have 1 vid card in there @ a time

Please leave me feedback :) or if you have any questions, go ahead.

BTW, I scored 10,031 3dmark06 with the bios on my XT and 675/1600 for my Crossfire Card:beer:

Also, just got 15,430 3dmark05 :beer:

Awesome dude ;) i will try out your Bios next week :) Love your great work and love the the 3D 05 score of 15430 and 3D 06 score of 10031.

Should increase my performance ;)

Thanks dude and i keep up the awesome work.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: tuteja1986
Originally posted by: gersson
Works with any brand XT or XTX that have 1.1 samsung memory. For example, I have a Sapphire x1900xt with this bios. My friend is using it too he has a powercolor x1900xt

This is a modified Sapphire toxic bios (Also known as Sapphire Blizzard). I changed all the relaxed timings to regular XTX speeds which makes it actually faster than the toxic card. The fan is made to run faster under load. My purpose was to not have to use ATI Tool with crossfire (PITA) and still have an OCed slave card. This is if all you want is a modest OC or if your card can't take all that much.

Please be sure you can run 675/1600 before downloading! Also this is only recommended for Samsung 1.1 memory. Make a backup using ATI WinFlash before anything else.

To find out if you can use this, remove the heatsink and look @ the ram chips. If they say BJ11, then it is safe to use. If it says BJ12...dont try it.

I also recommend you replace the stock thermal paste with some arctic silver 5 while you are @ it.

Gersson's custom bios

TO flash the bios, use ATI WinFLASH
Choose to force flash

I created my bios with Rabit 2.0

You should only have 1 vid card in there @ a time

Please leave me feedback :) or if you have any questions, go ahead.

BTW, I scored 10,031 3dmark06 with the bios on my XT and 675/1600 for my Crossfire Card:beer:

Also, just got 15,430 3dmark05 :beer:

Awesome dude ;) i will try out your Bios next week :) Love your great work and love the the 3D 05 score of 15430 and 3D 06 score of 10031.

Should increase my performance ;)

Thanks dude and i keep up the awesome work.

thanks a lot, man -- i appreciate it :)

HHawk

Apr 12, 2006
Anyone can anser this question; when I start up ATI WinFlash, I get the following information: Video memory: 24 MB.

While my card has 512 MB (X1900XTX).

Is that normal?