Multiple fatalities in shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 16, 1999
Broken nose? Bandaged nose?

Sweatshirt seems to be filthy?

Maybe bloody from the nose?

Was he just in a fight with someone? Back for revenge?

Odd haircut or wig?

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/e5bbf34e34d2ba1b790f6a7067002fb1.jpg

This might not have been his first attack.

This is fucking awful.

Nikki Haley said:
While we do not yet know all of the details, we do know that we'll never understand what motivates anyone to enter one of our places of worship and take the life of another.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nikki-haley-charleston-shooting
You know, maybe these sort of things keep happening because we keep electing people who are determined to never understand why they do.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Another right wing guns toting terrorist looney bin? What a surprise.. but no that's not possible as the terrorists are only brown/ blacks - fox news

Another win for the NRA.
The insane handed guns with no questions asked.
God bless American violence.

good to know the left can generalize from day zero and fine with it.

someone on the right tries to make a border comment and is racked over the coals.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
It looks like I'm not the only one asking that question...lol! Regarding the battle flag, it's a flag that supported secession, slavery and traitors.

There is no honor in that flag.
Funny that the flag of the United States was built from similar concepts if yo look at it from England POV.

The colonies were rebelling; attempting to leave the British Empire (secession)
Slavery were rampart within the colonies and slaves values written into documents creating the country.
The people were traitors to their country (England).

The South were trying to exercise their rights under the Constitution and being rejected by the Northern states.

So, depending on what side you wish to associate with, your views are correct or incorrect.

The flag was a symbol of an attempt to replicate what happened 100 years before - to free their land of what was seemed as tyranny

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Funny that the flag of the United States was built from similar concepts if yo look at it from England POV.

Slavery were rampart within the colonies and slaves values written into documents creating the country.

The South were trying to exercise their rights under the Constitution and being rejected by the Northern states.

So, depending on what side you wish to associate with, your views are correct or incorrect.

The flag was a symbol of an attempt to replicate what happened 100 years before - to free their land of what was seemed as tyranny

Yes, they were trying to exercise their right to live in a country based on the perpetuation of race based chattel slavery. While there might be a more disgusting basis for a nation that has come to exist in the world, I'm not aware of one offhand. I have no idea why people continue to try and apologize for the Confederacy, as it was a monstrous institution.

Regardless, I see people are complaining that gun control advocates are trying to smear all gun owners with this guy. That's ridiculous. The question gun control advocates are asking is why we continue to make it so easy for people like this to get weapons, and if ensuring that other more reasonable people have access to guns is worth the price we pay in violence.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

The flag of cowards and worthless people is what the confederate flag stands for. Anyone who flies it should be regarded as human garbage, which generally they are anyway.

Oct 16, 1999
My favorite part is how all the shitstains who make careers out of promoting and feeding off paranoia, xenophobia, and guns are all suddenly shocked and appalled when these things happen. It's like "oh shit, we might get some actual scrutiny, change messaging quick!" and of course all the news orgs dutifully comply until the next story takes the lead and it's safe for those folks go back to spewing their same old shit again.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Without knowing any facts yet I assume he was another nutty person who slipped trough the cracks and who was known by many to have major problems but these were not taken sufficiently seriously.

It is as usual a confluence of issues; access to guns,mental illness, possibly some racism but really there are plenty of racists who never do this. The inevitable serious mental problems are certainly the biggest cause of this.

Some of the pics already up of him show a very weird looking person.

Last edited:

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
wait, wait, wait, but they tell me racism does not exist these days? :rolleyes:

i don't know how low you can go by!!! killing people in the house of worship is below subhuman, i'm sorry. :mad:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
P&N has taught me that this is not race related AND question why the news isn't reporting the killings in Chicago.

Oh, the media is out to smear white gun owners as well.

And, this man is not a terrorist either, he is just crazy.

How do you know he isn't a terrorist. Is it maybe your definition of terrorist dictates he can't possibly be?

Oct 16, 1999
http://myfox8.com/2015/06/18/dylann-storm-roof-police-name-suspect-in-charleston-church-shooting/

Here is a photo of the suspected perpetrator. Sounds like a hate crime with mental illness mixed together.

Of course there was mental illness. The Giffords shooter, the guy who shot up the elementary school, the guy who shot up the university in CA, the couple who shot two cops in a coffee shop and a guy in Walmart in Utah, all white. Shit, I mean all "mentally ill."

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
What in the crap does that have to do with anything?

By the way: It isn't The Confederate Flag. It is the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia. Just so ya know.

It is a sad event and Nobody knows who or what the motive was at this time. Everyone is speculating. I do hope they catch him soon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Swastika

Just takes some racists to come along and f**k up a completely innocent symbol.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
http://myfox8.com/2015/06/18/dylann-storm-roof-police-name-suspect-in-charleston-church-shooting/

Here is a photo of the suspected perpetrator. Sounds like a hate crime with mental illness mixed together.
According to reports, Roof is currently out on bond in connection with multiple recent arrests on drug and trespassing charges.
It's really too bad they couldn't have kept him in jail. But how do you predict what deranged people are going to do?

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
The flag of cowards and worthless people is what the confederate flag stands for. Anyone who flies it should be regarded as human garbage, which generally they are anyway.

So standing up for one's beliefs/principles is being a coward?

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
FBI identifies man as 21yo Dylann Storm Roof

Also, reports that he's 5'9" and 120 lbs.

Another tweet stated that he reloaded 5 times.

I wonder why he succeeded in the murders and wasn't stopped by some of the victims.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
So to nobody's surprise he is a fucking nutter with a history as such. If the pistol really was a gift it was illegal since he was a felon so whoever gave it to him is in deep shit.