Multiple fatalities in shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Also, reports that he's 5'9" and 120 lbs.

Another tweet stated that he reloaded 5 times.

I wonder why he succeeded in the murders and wasn't stopped by some of the victims.

Imaginary scenarios of how they could have saved themselves... require that they be armed. One armed person is a death trap for a room full of unarmed people.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Also, reports that he's 5'9" and 120 lbs.

Another tweet stated that he reloaded 5 times.

I wonder why he succeeded in the murders and wasn't stopped by some of the victims.
Reports also said he had sandy brown hair. I think most of this is the usual print anything to be the first one out with the story bullshit.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
It's really too bad they couldn't have kept him in jail. But how do you predict what deranged people are going to do?
The trespassing was last year and done with. The drugs were pending 3/2015
0179-Drugs / Poss. of other controlled sub. in Sched. I to V - 1st offense

Last edited:

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So to nobody's surprise he is a fucking nutter with a history as such. If the pistol really was a gift it was illegal since he was a felon so whoever gave it to him is in deep shit.
I don't think we have evidence that he was a felon.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Imaginary scenarios of how they could have saved themselves... require that they be armed. One armed person is a death trap for a room full of unarmed people.

Depends on the size of the room. At close range a gun is almost useless compared to a knife or simply wrestling him down. That's why cops HATE getting close to suspects unless absolutely necessary.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Christ, two pages in and the bloviation is unbearable. The hell is the matter with you people?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Why are you even clicking on this thread when you could be watching thoughtful commentary from insightful relevant people?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rudy-giuliani-charleston-church-shooting
"I think this is one of those situations — maybe it's a good point where we don't know the motivation of the person who did it," Giuliani said on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "So maybe this can unite us because whoever did this is just an evil person."

You got a problem with the message?

Feb 16, 2005
Just a horrible tragedy. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, there is no true way to prepare for this, short of being perpetually paranoid and perpetually armed to the teeth waiting for it.
And that is no way to live life.
My heart goes out to all the victims of this cowardly, murderous idiot.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
at least the caught him. lets see what his excuse is for mowing down two handfuls of innocent worshipers. :rolleyes:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
54671472.jpg

Of course there was mental illness. The Giffords shooter, the guy who shot up the elementary school, the guy who shot up the university in CA, the couple who shot two cops in a coffee shop and a guy in Walmart in Utah, all white. Shit, I mean all "mentally ill."