Multiple deadly attacks on Churches in Sri Lanka

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think it's high time we kill all religious people so we can get down to the real business of eliminating all the wrong kinds of atheists.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You say it like they did something wrong. Why purposefully would they dance around calling them Christians and use the odd phrase Easter worshipers..? Here’s another, why has Christian become a four letter word?

Glaringly obvious you keep trying to push the narrative evil Muslims vs Christians.

Time to being back Trump's Muslim ban and Muslim registry

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Glaringly obvious you keep trying to push the narrative evil Muslims vs Christians.

Time to being back Trump's Muslim ban and Muslim registry

It does tend to be islamists that do these kinds of things most often around the world. Obviously being a muslim does not make one evil and the average muslim I'm sure looks down on these acts. But, there is still a very significant portion of their population that is ok with jihad and terroristic attacks. Some ~50% of muslims in the UK say it should be illegal to commit blaspheme against islam, draw their prophet. There is a large chunk of their population that are simply not compatible with westernized life.

Nov 25, 2013
It does tend to be islamists that do these kinds of things most often around the world. Obviously being a muslim does not make one evil and the average muslim I'm sure looks down on these acts. But, there is still a very significant portion of their population that is ok with jihad and terroristic attacks. Some ~50% of muslims in the UK say it should be illegal to commit blaspheme against islam, draw their prophet. There is a large chunk of their population that are simply not compatible with westernized life.

#fuckofftroll

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You mean facts such as, in Sri Lanka most of the terrorism directed against Christians (and Muslims) is done by Buddhists? You mean facts like that?

Fuck off troll.

I've made no claim about the perpetrators or this terrorist attack. I made a general comment based on fact.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
They are fucking human beings who choose to be Christian
Exactly, religion is a choice like political parties, hate group affiliation, etc. not something that is inherited like race, so let's stop promoting or apologizing for religion like it is some sort of attribute equivalent to race, sex, or ethnicity.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Liberals be like; "Well, at least they weren't shot to death, that's what matters.. gun control."

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Who would have thunk. I’m shocked !

The government on Monday blamed National Thowheeth Jama’ath, a little-known radical Islamist organization, for the bombings. An official said the group, which had not carried out any serious attacks before, had help from “an international network.”

CyXxw2OXcAAP0rn.jpg

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1
Dec 10, 2005
Who would have thunk. I’m shocked !

The government on Monday blamed National Thowheeth Jama’ath, a little-known radical Islamist organization, for the bombings. An official said the group, which had not carried out any serious attacks before, had help from “an international network.”

CyXxw2OXcAAP0rn.jpg
Your attitude in this thread is a lot different than the New Zealand thread. It's as if you might be the type to attend a monochromatic Tiki torch rally sometime in the future...

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

I just went to his twitter, this is what it says: "138 people have been killed in Sri Lanka, with more that 600 badly injured, in a terrorist attack on churches and hotels. The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka. We stand ready to help!
'
A typo was accidentally posted, this is what stirs you guys today. The TDS is strong here.

May 13, 2009
Easter worshippers? Seriously? Are we that afraid of offending people these days? Its an attack on christians which happens to be a significant portion of our population here in the U.S. Pathetic...
These party lines run very deep apparently.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

alternate earl

May 3, 2018
Your attitude in this thread is a lot different than the New Zealand thread. It's as if you might be the type to attend a monochromatic Tiki torch rally sometime in the future...

When it circles around that this attack was revenge for the Trumpist attack in NZ, he will start to dance again

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Easter worshippers? Seriously? Are we that afraid of offending people these days? Its an attack on christians which happens to be a significant portion of our population here in the U.S. Pathetic...
These party lines run very deep apparently.

Uhmm, isn't Christianity the only religion that celebrates Easter? Who would it be other than Christians? Do you not notice the irony in saying people are afraid of offending others these days and then freaking out when you think the victims were referred to by the slightly wrong word? This thread will serve as a great resource for the next time any conservative complains about PC culture or liberal snowflakes.

'THEY WERE ONLY REFERRED TO AS PEOPLE WORSHIPING CHRISTIANITY'S MOST SACRED HOLIDAY, NOT AS CHRISTIANS. BAWWWWWW.'

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Uhmm, isn't Christianity the only religion that celebrates Easter? Who would it be other than Christians? Do you not notice the irony in saying people are afraid of offending others these days and then freaking out when you think the victims were referred to by the slightly wrong word? This thread will serve as a great resource for the next time any conservative complains about PC culture or liberal snowflakes.

'THEY WERE ONLY REFERRED TO AS PEOPLE WORSHIPING CHRISTIANITY'S MOST SACRED HOLIDAY, NOT AS CHRISTIANS. BAWWWWWW.'

I am a non-believer, I am not a Christian, and celebrate Easter. I've even gone to church at the behest of family on certain holidays, my kid got an Easter basket, all of that. For me it is a cultural thing, not a religious holiday. The thing about it is, the right leaning christians don't seem to mind sharing, the left would scream "cultural appropriation!" and retreat to their safe place.