MSI Radeon HD 4890 OC - $155.24 after cash back, MSI rebate

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

arkcom

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2003
I ordered one. Be aware they will ship non ebillme orders first, that's what they did to me a couple weeks ago on some ocz ram (good thing, now I can get the rebate on this instead). I didn't find out it wasn't in stock for about a week after I got the ebillme receipt.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
***UPDATE 6/25/09 Never mind, it got cleaned up. Hope someone got a cheap card.

Likely a coding error, but if you go to this link ZZF still shows the previous low, low, low pricing of $171.99 before all noted rebates and cash backs. However, if you click through, you get the current pricing of $179.99. You "might" still get the lowest price of $171.99 if you call ZZF to let them know and ask that they hold the price valid for your own purchase.

http://search.zipzoomfly.com/s...ction=9&Ascending=True

I am sure ZZF will clean this up soon but maybe one AT buyer will get the deal before they clean it all up.

Contact ZZF by phone Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST at (510) 897-1890.

joutlaw

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2008
Originally posted by: arkcom
I ordered one. Be aware they will ship non ebillme orders first, that's what they did to me a couple weeks ago on some ocz ram (good thing, now I can get the rebate on this instead). I didn't find out it wasn't in stock for about a week after I got the ebillme receipt.

More than likely b/c your order is in limbo until the payment is processed through your bank and eBillMe then notifies ZZF to process your order.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
i also picked up the OCZ gamerxtream 600W PSU for 69 - 20MIR (taking my chance here) - 10 from billmelater. sounds like a OK price for the wattage.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My order from the 23rd for the MSI was shipped on the 24th (using ebillme). No problems here.

Don't forget to fill out the ebillme "rebate" form or you won't get your $30 back!

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
I was posting a ZZF deal on another forum the other day, then I decided to check their Reseller Ratings. I promptly deleted my post.

FWIW, I have ordered from them in the past and was pleased then, but it had been a long time. Things don't look too rosy from the past 6 months, so buyer beware!

arkcom

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: joutlaw
Originally posted by: arkcom

More than likely b/c your order is in limbo until the payment is processed through your bank and eBillMe then notifies ZZF to process your order.

I'm not sure who drags their feet ebillme, or zzf. I got the notification from ebillme that the payment was complete within 24 hours.

Pollock

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2004
I wish ZZF would stop dicking with the prices. Should've ordered when the HIS was down to ~$117 AR...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i haven't even gotten the rebate on my 4870 yet and i'm already thinking of replacing it. these deals are ridiculous.

The0ne

Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i haven't even gotten the rebate on my 4870 yet and i'm already thinking of replacing it. these deals are ridiculous.

Same, just got it installed and running last night :(

Opterpwn

Feb 22, 2006
Ok so can someone explain a couple things to me a little better. Ok I know the ebillme thing uses your bank account but is it instant or a mail in rebate? And can I use the $30 off rebate on 2 cards if I checkout twice or something or is that not possible?

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
it's mail-in. don't know if the same person can use it twice (since it's a first-time Ebillme user promo), but perhaps two addresses, two accounts, two login-ID's would work.

bullbert

May 24, 2004
While I like HIS cards from a HW point of vew, I detest HIS business practices. Beware HIS rebates.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: bullbert
While I like HIS cards from a HW point of vew, I detest HIS business practices. Beware HIS rebates.

This is my first HIS rebate. Are they really that bad? They certainly can't be any worse than MSI rebates.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I just got and installed the MSI 4890 that the OP listed. Wow, this thing is great! And it's almost silent! I'm a little dissapointed that while it did come with Battleforge, the site listed (and still does) Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and another game "while supplies last" but I didn't get those. Kinda think if they are out they should update the listing to remove that part of it. As for the card, very satisfied. Thanks OP!

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
My MSI is in Reno, NV for the weekend I think! :roll:

As far as any missing games go, I suggest you call ZZF customer service and ask them why they were not in your shipment.

It is also likely that they are on disks included inside the MSI packaging, where Battleforge would be in separate packaging. I know that I sometimes miss checking all the disks that are included as I just download the latest drivers off the net anyway.

The Battleforge game is supposed to be pretty good, the others aren't rated as anything special, FWIW.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: PJABBER
My MSI is in Reno, NV for the weekend I think! :roll:

As far as any missing games go, I suggest you call ZZF customer service and ask them why they were not in your shipment.

It is also likely that they are on disks included inside the MSI packaging, where Battleforge would be in separate packaging. I know that I sometimes miss checking all the disks that are included as I just download the latest drivers off the net anyway.

The Battleforge game is supposed to be pretty good, the others aren't rated as anything special, FWIW.

That's a good point. I ordered an MSI 4830 for my brother back in April and it included RB6 Vegas 2. The game was packaged in the MSI box.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I did check the shipping box and the video card box, but not in either. I didn't call, sent an email last night, but maybe will call later today.

arkcom

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2003
Mine has been "packed" since the morning of the 25th. How long does it normally take to ship?

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I ordered it on Tuesday, but because I did the eBillme had to wait until Wednesday for the bank to make the payment. It shipped that day and I had it on Friday (2 day shipping).

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I ordered the HIS 4890 on Wednesday and used eBillme to take advantage of the rebate. The eBillme was processed early Friday morning. ZZF was informed of the payment and the shipment was showed as "packed" a few hours later. I figured it would ship that afternoon.

It's still showing as packed this morning. Makes me wonder if the item is backordered or OOS. I've read others' comments on ZZF where an item showed as being packed when the item wasn't even available.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Several people in this post have mentioned that the ebillme rebate is a mail-in form. I've already done the deal for the MSI, and I submitted the ebillme rebate online. I really don't think that it is a "mail-in" form. All I see is the online submission.

So just to clarify about the $30 ebillme rebate:
  • The ebillme rebate is submitted online and online only
  • The online form must be filled out within 15 days of the purchase
  • You get a (8 digit) tracking number once this is submitted online

If somebody has other information, please post it.

shadyshabby

Jun 29, 2009
I would really be interested in the 4890 if it wasn't so terribly loud.

Atleast that is what a number of reviews say. Even to the point where people are claiming they get migraine headaches from the squeeling it makes.

No thanks