Most corrupt US President/Administration?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Obama and his cronies = secretive, evil communist bastards who hate America.

Get over it dude...you lost the White House to the Democrats!!
It will be that way for many years to come!!

Get over it!!

Sheese village idiots are coming out of the woodwork!

Supersonic64

Jun 9, 2010
Get over it dude...you lost the White House to the Democrats!!
It will be that way for many years to come!!

Get over it!!

Sheese village idiots are coming out of the woodwork!

Incorrect. I would have voted for Hillary and if she runs in 2012, I might just vote for her if the Repubs got no one good.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh come on, we have had so many morally degenerate Presidents whose legacy is compromised by some positive achievements, that choosing just one all time un favorite President becomes very hard. And by what criteria do we choose? Pick your favorite sin, be it corruption, human cruelty, or maybe just an unwillingness to act when the need is manifest, and we can get different answers.

In my mind, GWB almost has to be the hands down winner, with Nixon coming close.
But when Nixon had some redeeming virtues and GWB&co lacked any redeeming virtues, some recent Presidential judgments become easier. And the damn hell of it is, none of us get a free T-shirt saying we survived the the era of GWB, Nixon, Carter, LBJ, or whomever.

But chewie_77 has ignited doubts in my mind, the prospect of Obama corrupted by KFC has blown my mind. To some, Colonel Sanders may be a kindly restaurateur, but to chickens, we are talking Adolph Eichmann.

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
Oh come on, we have had so many morally degenerate Presidents whose legacy is compromised by some positive achievements, that choosing just one all time un favorite President becomes very hard. And by what criteria do we choose? Pick your favorite sin, be it corruption, human cruelty, or maybe just an unwillingness to act when the need is manifest, and we can get different answers.

In my mind, GWB almost has to be the hands down winner, with Nixon coming close.
But when Nixon had some redeeming virtues and GWB&co lacked any redeeming virtues, some recent Presidential judgments become easier. And the damn hell of it is, none of us get a free T-shirt saying we survived the the era of GWB, Nixon, Carter, LBJ, or whomever.

But chewie_77 has ignited doubts in my mind, the prospect of Obama corrupted by KFC has blown my mind. To some, Colonel Sanders may be a kindly restaurateur, but to chickens, we are talking Adolph Eichmann.

finally someone gets it.

BTW love your screen name.

BTW most good leaders are morall degenerates. It is the norm not the exception.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...But chewie_77 has ignited doubts in my mind, the prospect of Obama corrupted by KFC has blown my mind. To some, Colonel Sanders may be a kindly restaurateur, but to chickens, we are talking Adolph Eichmann.
There's also the issue of eleven secret herbs & spices impurifying all of our precious bodily fluids...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Neither party has good leadership.

Where's IKE when we need him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, there are many reasons not to like Ike. A very good general but not a very good President. When Ike did not stand up to McCarthy when he attacked George C. Marshall, we can understand why he was a piss poor human being.

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, there are many reasons not to like Ike. A very good general but not a very good President. When Ike did not stand up to McCarthy when he attacked George C. Marshall, we can understand why he was a piss poor human being.

really ?

Operation beautiful ray of sunshine
Interstates

should I keep going.

I agree on your other points.

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
Warren G. Harding.

how is this even debatable?

I dunno biggest debt ever racked up under one dude ever even adjusting for inflation with the most incredulous cronyism ever is GWB period. However they haven't investigated him very well yet.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I dunno biggest debt ever racked up under one dude ever even adjusting for inflation with the most incredulous cronyism ever is GWB period. However they haven't investigated him very well yet.
inept, cheaply partisan, and corrupt aren't synonymous.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Nixon, Cheney, and Reagan for modern presidents, in that order.

Hard to pick one out of those. Reagan and his handlers may have committed a greater amount of offenses, but the repercussions of the Nixon and Cheney admins were arguably more severe an affront to law and morals. At least Reagan didn't exhibit the imperialistic "my-way-or-the-highway, you're traitors for disagreeing with me" MO. He was a prop cut from the same cloth as Cheney's hand puppet, so I suppose a little sympathy is in order.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Damn, that's a tough one. I'd have to say its a tie between LBJ and McKinley since they used false flag attacks as an excuse to go to war and since they were in bed with the banksters.

Harding didn't actually know about the Teapot Dome Scandal and I can't say Grant was too bad considering that LBJ and McKinley were far more corrupt.

I just noticed that the Republican Party has tended to be more corrupt than the Democratic Party especially in the early days of the Republican Party, definitely with big business they were in bed with.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Nixon, Cheney, and Reagan for modern presidents, in that order.

Hard to pick one out of those. Reagan and his handlers may have committed a greater amount of offenses, but the repercussions of the Nixon and Cheney admins were arguably more severe an affront to law and morals. At least Reagan didn't exhibit the imperialistic "my-way-or-the-highway, you're traitors for disagreeing with me" MO. He was a prop cut from the same cloth as Cheney's hand puppet, so I suppose a little sympathy is in order.
I mostly agree with you except I would ignore put them in the following order for moral corruption:
GWB, Nixon & Reagan