Most corrupt US President/Administration?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Nixon came to mind, but his administration werent all cronies. His attorney general quit when Nixon ordered him to drop the investigation on Watergate.

then i thought of Ulysses S. Grant.

But to me it has to be GW Bush hands down.

What do you think? WHY?

Last edited:

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
While I do not think he was such a bad guy himself, I am going with Grant's administration.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
At least Grant had the excuse of being an alcoholic.

Harding's administration was quite bad.

- wolf

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
Are we talking corrupt as in literally taking bribes, or just in the more general sense ?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
G.W.B.
With Clinton a close 2nd.

And I think it has a lot to do with the fact its REALLY hard to keep secrets in this era of technology. Also in ye olden days whistle blowers would either disappear or lead miserable lives and no one would believe them. It was not good to be a tattle-tale.
Nowadays its all the rage.
See also: Nude Enron Women.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
I go to Grant's Tomb all the time. Is there something I should know? What exactly did his Administration do that was so corrupt?

Supersonic64

Jun 9, 2010
diapoaf34d2d46a8d53ebcbcb1fa11062ee50.jpg

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Nixon came to mind, but his administration werent all cronies. His attorney general quit when Nixon ordered him to drop the investigation on Watergate.
Nixon's first Attorney General was John N. Mitchell, the only Attorney General to be convicted of crimes committed during his tenure in that office. Vice President Spiro T. Agnew famously plead nolo contendere to charges of soliciting bribes while governor of Maryland. Haldeman, Erlichman, Colson, Liddy...

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010

then i thought of Ulysses S. Grant.

But to me it has to be GW Bush hands down.

What do you think? WHY?

ronnie ron actually to date has the highest number of criminal convictions and charges to date. not for himself but people that were in his adminstration.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
ronnie ron actually to date has the highest number of criminal convictions and charges to date. not for himself but people that were in his adminstration.
If you go impugning the reputation of Saint Ronald, you're going to get the board's "Conservatives" up in arms!