and_then

Sep 18, 2016
Hello everyone , from past few days my monitor is acting up. I have Samsung SyncMaster S22B370 Monitor . It is 3 year old . Though i use my PC a LOT. I have done all kinds of troubleshooting and i am 100% sure that the problem is with monitor itself . I have also checked for bad capacitors but all caps are absolutely fine . I have also measured output from power supply which is at 14v as it should be. Monitors upon connecting to power source shows white horizontal lines at startup for few seconds and it is extremely bright even at 50 brightness level . Also there is huge lag , everything appears like fading in and fading out. Though i have checked the refresh rate is set at 60Htz and response time is set to fastest . Also after restarting i can see my fully faded desktop wallpaper slightly for 5 seconds on the screen when windows logo is loading and rest of the screen is black . Ghosting issue ? This is same with or without any source input . I have checked it without any input after that with HDMI input and at last Analog input . Could it be a LCD panel going bad ? Do i need to get a new monitor or is this one is repairable ? Thanks for any info . I really appreciate it.

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Have you added a new piece of hardware (printer or something else)? This can cause ghosting, and other strange effects. Having a good shielded cable should help, but if you've tried that and problem prevails, it's probably the monitor.

and_then

Sep 18, 2016
Yes make sure it's not bend,or dirty

Yes , i have checked that also . Cable is absolutely fine and brand new . I have also checked by connecting my HDTV to my HDMI output of my graphics card , and it works flawlessly . That proves that my graphics card and cable is fine . Upon powering on the monitor without any video input it still the same problem . Now, that's sure that the issue is with the monitor itself . Is this is caused by bad or dying LCD Panel or is it something else ? So, do i have to get a new monitor ? As , i was hoping that if this was repairable then i would not have to buy a new monitor . Kinda short on budget right now . So ,experts in this field please help me find the culprit of this issue. What can cause this type of issue in a LED backlight LCD HD Monitor ?

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
what Operating system are you using,if win 7. start- search, type in( Calibrate display color )