[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 504 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I own a variety of tanks, but the game is most balanced at tier 8 -10 imo. You don't fight monster tanks with useless peashooters or run into seal clubbers with 4 skilled crew slinging heat/APCR rounds. Tier 7 is another good tier of tanks to have. Tier 5 and below is iffy, since there are a few really hard tanks at that level that you can run into that you really just can't kill.

Yeah, currently I am playing my Tiger II (full upgrades) or my Panther (full upgrades) and really enjoy both. T10 games can sometimes be rough in the Tiger, I just have to play more as a TD than a heavy. But even T10's can have trouble penning me if I can find a good place to side scrape.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
What do you guys think of the new German 4 premiums? $74 for all 4 or gold bundles.

Cromwell B = Basically a better Cromwell, with premium benefits. Cromwell was already good.

Rudy = Good vehicle. Only one game in it though so I don't want to say too much.

ISU-122S = DPM Machine. Seriously ridiculous DPM. However, the platform is a bit clunky. Basically an up-armored, better maneuvering SU-152 with the 122 gun. Seems pretty good so far.

IS-2 = IS with slightly worse hull armor. But nearly identical. So if you want an IS with premium benefits, good buy.

One of the best things though is that all 4 come with a crew that has free BIA skill that doesn't count against the skills, like the girl crew.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
This is what I stated earlier but seems I was ignored :)

The pen changes are only half the changes. The same tanks all got changes to dispersion and aim time. Meaning if you can aim better for weak spots, the pen change isnt such a big deal. Just means people cannot spam gold without regard to where they are aiming.

haha sorry, i dont tend to go back pages, just the latest page.
now i assume the guy who asked also doesn't go back pages :)

BoT

May 18, 2010
www.codisha.com
all in all i think it will not reduce but increase the number of people who feel they have no option but to use gold ammo. imo it pushes this game even more into the "pay-to-win" category

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
all in all i think it will not reduce but increase the number of people who feel they have no option but to use gold ammo. imo it pushes this game even more into the "pay-to-win" category

I agree with this. Who will fire anything but gold on their 113 now? I certainly fully expect people too, and won't blame them in the slightest.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea but that probably offsets the e100 now with the pen buff, you don't need to spam heat now hahahaha

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
One of the best things though is that all 4 come with a crew that has free BIA skill that doesn't count against the skills, like the girl crew.

Datalink, thanks, but one problem with the English language: do you mean the girl crew does count the SIA (sisters in arms) as the first extra skill, or doesn't, like these tanks?

On the ISU-122S, I guess it's for the premium, the ISU-152 is already a favorite as an upgrade from the SU-152.

The Cromwell and ISU sounds like the most fun, but those two in the gold bundles cost the same as all four in that package. And cash only (no gold), and only temporarily sold?

wetech

Jul 16, 2002
Datalink, thanks, but one problem with the English language: do you mean the girl crew does count the SIA (sisters in arms) as the first extra skill, or doesn't, like these tanks?

On the ISU-122S, I guess it's for the premium, the ISU-152 is already a favorite as an upgrade from the SU-152.

The Cromwell and ISU sounds like the most fun, but those two in the gold bundles cost the same as all four in that package. And cash only (no gold), and only temporarily sold?

The SIA skill counts as skill 0. The next skill you train will take the same EXP as the 1st skill would on any other crew. The Berlin Quartet crews behave the same way, with the added benefit of being able to mix in with other male crews and get the BIA bonus (assuming all crew members have BIA). They are the best crews in the game now.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
IS-7.
Aim time from 3.4s to 3.1s.
Shot dispersion on movement and rotation from 0.21 to 0.19

we may be able to do away with the GLD on the is-7 now, we'll see

the e75 is a great tank, i kept mine after i got the e100. it can hold it's own in tier X games easily.

Good changes for the IS-7.:)

Yeah our clan has a few E75 and yeah i would trade my IS-8 in a second for it.:p Currently on the VK30.01H which got the 7.5 L/70 yesterday and i'm starting to go from hating this thing to loving it.Going for the Waffle today.;)

Armor on these Germans is such garbage but i will tell you this much,the guns kick some butt especially the Derp 10.5 ONLY if you use Gold which sadly i did till i unlocked the L/70 then i dropped it like a bad habit.Would take pen that outclasses the Tier 5 Russian heavies any day over 104 pen on the Derp even if i do half the damage.

The Derp does suck for sniping,iv'e locked on to targets and still had shells go a mile to the left or right.It's worst then the 122mm Russian guns lol.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well, I got the 4 pack. The only dog (no, not Rudy's crew member) in the list is the IS-2. The reload and gun laying makes that tank almost un-bearable. Seriously, I think my KV-2 aims in faster than that tank. I got the 4 pack for a few reasons. I really like the crews and I needed a brit crew to go on my Firefly. I also no longer need ANY Russian crews in the future, which means I can now unlock girls for german or french crews. And finally, because I knew how grossly overpowered some of those tanks were.

Yes, I already have the 122-44, and the 122s is basically the same tank. But it does have a few differences. The Crombie is just plain redonkulous. And the 34-85 is no slouch either.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'd buy the cromwell or the rudy if I played this game more than once or twice a week on weekends. As of right now I just log on occasionally for weekend bonuses... took me like 4 months to get through the AT7.

VenomXTF

May 3, 2004
Finished HT12 for 260 on the 4th try. All I had to do was buy a VKB...

1QNJJP0.jpg

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Finished HT12 for 260 on the 4th try. All I had to do was buy a VKB...

1QNJJP0.jpg

Was platooned with Valkner last night, he said the same thing. Took him ~40 games though to get it. I would have thought a T29 or T32 had a chance at this since 3k is doable and triple HP blocked is very doable in those tanks.

Unfortunately, I am still on the second tier missions and with my horrible medium/light play I doubt I will get those done anytime soon. Heavy/TD were done instantly. The damn kill 3 mediums when there are no mediums on the opposing team PISSES ME OFF.

On a side note, I think Valkner was getting frustrated at my over-extending and dying repeatedly!

VenomXTF

May 3, 2004
Was platooned with Valkner last night, he said the same thing. Took him ~40 games though to get it. I would have thought a T29 or T32 had a chance at this since 3k is doable and triple HP blocked is very doable in those tanks.

Unfortunately, I am still on the second tier missions and with my horrible medium/light play I doubt I will get those done anytime soon. Heavy/TD were done instantly. The damn kill 3 mediums when there are no mediums on the opposing team PISSES ME OFF.

On a side note, I think Valkner was getting frustrated at my over-extending and dying repeatedly!

I tried completing the T55 mission in T32 and people just avoided shooting the turret, would rush me, or just get artied...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The SIA skill counts as skill 0. The next skill you train will take the same EXP as the 1st skill would on any other crew. The Berlin Quartet crews behave the same way, with the added benefit of being able to mix in with other male crews and get the BIA bonus (assuming all crew members have BIA). They are the best crews in the game now.

I understand, I was asking whether the female crews are the same or not.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I'm still working on T55a myself. I feel that I will eventually get it. Not sure I'm good enough for the OBJ 260, but I'd really like it.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Hows does one play the VK36.01H?punch kittens between matches?I'm finally in mine and wow this thing is beyond the suckage.Wet paper bags have more armor then this thing.I don't bounce anything.:pThe 7.5 Waffe is okay in Tier 7 matches i really need gold shells.

The 7.5 Waffe is pretty incredible on my VK30.01H and so good i kept it about to research the Tier 9 radio.Not bad with all upgrades but about 2 rage sells with this thing so close to stock.......

Tier 5 Germans really have a excellent gun and usually i am a die hard Russian Heavy die hard fan boy.:)The Waffe is just a incredible gun and without it the VK30.01H in all honestly would be a complete POS.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Hows does one play the VK36.01H?punch kittens between matches?I'm finally in mine and wow this thing is beyond the suckage.Wet paper bags have more armor then this thing.I don't bounce anything.:pThe 7.5 Waffe is okay in Tier 7 matches i really need gold shells.

The 7.5 Waffe is pretty incredible on my VK30.01H and so good i kept it about to research the Tier 9 radio.Not bad with all upgrades but about 2 rage sells with this thing so close to stock.......

Tier 5 Germans really have a excellent gun and usually i am a die hard Russian Heavy die hard fan boy.:)The Waffe is just a incredible gun and without it the VK30.01H in all honestly would be a complete POS.

I managed a I think 58% win percentage with mine over 150 games. It has the best record of any of my tanks actually. I found the VK36 to be far superior to the VK3001H. But you really need to put the 88mm on it. And when you do play it, play it like a heavy medium. It cannot be used like a true heavy. Oh, and armor angling is very important.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
It's not a bad weekend if you want to grind crew XP for your E100 line. x4 crew XP (since they stack). Didn't realize that till my last game of the night where I played my E75. Going to play my E100 a lot over the next two days. At 95% on the second skill. Going to get it into the 3rd. And maybe play E75 to get it into the 4th skill.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I managed a I think 58% win percentage with mine over 150 games. It has the best record of any of my tanks actually. I found the VK36 to be far superior to the VK3001H. But you really need to put the 88mm on it. And when you do play it, play it like a heavy medium. It cannot be used like a true heavy. Oh, and armor angling is very important.

Been playing the VK30.01H like a medium:) Pop in,get a shot in and let heavies do their work then add in another shot if i can.I simply don't go anywhere alone in this so i follow groups of heavies.Guess that game play can be carried to VK36.01H.:)

The gun has been a big debate for me,8.8 has less pen but did you find yourself having to use gold for pens or is it really a tank that you just had to crawl through?The 220 damage really makes it appealing though.Need to research a turret and maybe even suspension before that 8.8 can be put on.