[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 397 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
that was awesome hahah

second skill on new loader for T30 @ 91% now
almost ready for the E4 :)

i had a couple games of >6k damage and my team still lost by over 6-7 tanks each time :( ended up with over 1500xp in the losses wtf, more than the winners made

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm liking the Tiger 1. So much better than their original performance of it. Mine is elite though and the crew has two lines of perks and working on the third. Tank is also rigged for sniping but its nice they improved the gun reload time and the traverse speed. Lay on gold and it just does even better pen which helps improve damage. Not a great tank but no longer a bad or mediocre. Decent now. Already improved it from 44% to 45%. Trying for 50%.

Researched the T-95 so took the crew from the T-28 and returned them to the T-28 Proto. I don't really like the T-28 much. I much prefer the T-28 Proto. The Proto can at least defend itself some with its movable turret.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i really enjoyed the T28 proto, that thing had some armor compared to the T30.
and the rof on the top gun made it a good brawler

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
So played the test server with 8.9... game has gone full retard. New TDs are stupid.

No different than ANY other test server for this game. Wait until release to see what it really does. I predict it will hit hard and go down like a ton of bricks. Situational not unlike the 183 or Foch.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
No different than ANY other test server for this game. Wait until release to see what it really does. I predict it will hit hard and go down like a ton of bricks. Situational not unlike the 183 or Foch.

There will need to be major nerfs, but I guess I'm really just disappointed with the lack of new gameplay improvements and the continued addition of tanks that are borderline ridiculous.

I'm also having that sporadic freeze, unfreeze problem and I can't figure out how to fix it this time.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
There will need to be major nerfs, but I guess I'm really just disappointed with the lack of new gameplay improvements and the continued addition of tanks that are borderline ridiculous.

gotta dangle that carrot.. throw up a few NEW tanks that people think will make them good at the game. While they should be learning to win with reg tanks.. personally the game was FOOKED when they put the 59 in way back.. no, nowadays its nothing, but back in the earlier days everybody wasn't tiered up so that 59 could play some holy terror on most tanks it was with.

Learn to play with shit tanks, then the others are all much better when you get them. I still play my lee, amazingly OK tank when you learn to play it.. 57% win with it.. I know many are better, but learning a tank is fun too. Im really weak with speed (french) can not grasp that style of play well.. but keep hammering away at it..

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea from the test server as soon as you get 2-3 rounds off of the new german TD line, you're dead. armor on par with the rest of the french line (non TD)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
gotta dangle that carrot.. throw up a few NEW tanks that people think will make them good at the game. While they should be learning to win with reg tanks.. personally the game was FOOKED when they put the 59 in way back.. no, nowadays its nothing, but back in the earlier days everybody wasn't tiered up so that 59 could play some holy terror on most tanks it was with.
On release the 59 was over powered. It is no longer the case. Combination of high pen guns, access to premium ammo for silver, and hidden nerfs, the 59 is subpar to MANY tanks now.

People are FINALLY realizing that the nerfing of arty made the TD's as a class overpowered compared to the other classes. Arty kept them in check. But people bitched and bitched. All WoT *had* to do was add a hard limit to 2-3 arty per side and it would have been fine. Nope, major nerf, less playing arty, TD's run free. Nerf TD's and heavies will climb back to the top. The E100 is an amazing tank as is, remove the only thing I really fear, tier 10 TD's and I will roll triumphant more and more.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
On release the 59 was over powered. It is no longer the case. Combination of high pen guns, access to premium ammo for silver, and hidden nerfs, the 59 is subpar to MANY tanks now.

People are FINALLY realizing that the nerfing of arty made the TD's as a class overpowered compared to the other classes. Arty kept them in check. But people bitched and bitched. All WoT *had* to do was add a hard limit to 2-3 arty per side and it would have been fine. Nope, major nerf, less playing arty, TD's run free. Nerf TD's and heavies will climb back to the top. The E100 is an amazing tank as is, remove the only thing I really fear, tier 10 TD's and I will roll triumphant more and more.

agree, never hated arty (except to play it).. I don't sit on my azz and snipe much so arty is very seldom a worry, more often an easy kill. Those with the big guns that can pen even the front of most stuff cry about um all the time, they cant sit and aim and shoot .. they have to move and they miss then.. whiny ..

if they could do one thing.. I would ask for less a tier spread. 3 max.. I could sit 60 seconds more waiting for a match instead of taking my tier 3 into a 70%tier 7 match..

oh well , love the game and while i hate pubbing, i hate the clan commitment even more.. got a life so cant just sit at home non stop to get in those stat upping clan match. Still like the game no matter how much i bithc.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
if they could do one thing.. I would ask for less a tier spread. 3 max.. I could sit 60 seconds more waiting for a match instead of taking my tier 3 into a 70%tier 7 match..

Buh, they tightened up matchmaker a LONG time ago. It *IS* a 3 tier spread (except for oddball light tanks in tiers 4+).

A tier 8 can be in a battle with 6's, 7's, and 8's. It can be in a game with 7's, 8's and 9's. It can be in a game of 8's, 9's, and 10's. Each battle is a 3 tier spread, the specific tank can see 5 tiers of tanks, all within 2 of it.

And in your example, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be in a tier 7 match in your tier 3 tank unless you are platooning. And if that is the case, stop platooning with higher tiered tanks.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
god i love the t30 hahahaha
had some epic games this morning :)
kinda not looking forward to the E4 now, and don't want to train a new crew

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
the E4 is underwhelming, i wish i had just kept the T30 right now ugh
everything pens the E4.... i guess it's the same with the T30 but i at least thought
the E4 would be a better upgrade

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
It's not bad, but everyone knows where to shoot you. It used to be amazing, but the nerfbat hit it hard.

The issues with arty could have been resolved with a hard cap limit, but even with just 3, if they are high level it ruins a match. I don't know what they are going to do with TDs, but these things were historically created specifically to destroy other tanks. Tanks on the otherhand were more multipurpose than a TD.

The new line of German TDs is more inline with what will help, glass cannons giving everyone a chance to kill them. Current TDs can be frustrating with them having the best guns and best armor while still being somewhat mobile. The small maps also help them because wide flanking manuevers by medium or light tanks to take them out is very difficult with maps having so many, by design, choke points.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If the T110E4 had better camo value or better armor (not both at once because that might over power it too much) it would be more enjoyable to play I'm thinking. Hell, a faster reload would make it more fun to play! I like mine but its not a first choice tank nor a first choice td when I choose to sit down and play a battle. I giggle though when I hit something and do massive damage with it's gun. Kaboom! You're dead!' LOL

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
10426479906_d92aa21c19_o.jpg

Sometimes everything just works out, even in a Tier III battle :D

Last edited:

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Gotta love the "courageous resistance" bonus, still got it even in a draw in a match that I just couldn't save :thumbsup: If only that dumbass Black Prince came to cap when I told him to. Still debating selling the Super P back for gold, but rounds like this where the noobs don't know where to shoot are fun hehe.

0hDdvvM.jpg

Ruk4nKA.jpg

hWBH1DV.jpg

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Had a fun series of games yesterday. I was platooned with a random person but would gladly platoon with him again. Our playstyles meshed perfectly.

Our best battle was one that we lost. Bottom tier, him in a KV-1S and me in my KV-2. Game opens with me making a miracle derp on a chaffee, a two-fer hit on an AMX 45 and IS, and then the both of us hold a flank by ourselves against an ARL 44 and a KV-4 which we kill (I took the only damage because my gun decided to miss the KV-4's rear).

At this point we realized the rest of our team has folded. We had a full KV-4 in base who was quite useless. We had to crash back to base, on the way we annihilated an arty, and a su-152. End game had the KV-4 rolling away from base making the worst decisions at every option, our stalwart defense against a SU-100, AC48, 2 arty, and the AMX 45 that I hit earlier. I finished off the SU-100, my platoonmate kept the AC and AMX from advancing but eventually was artied to death. I got one more derp off before getting swarmed. The KV-4 made it the entire match by hiding under a bridge like the troll he was.

I have no doubt we would have won if the kv-4 at least stayed in the base as a radio for us.

[edit]It was one of 3 matches where we were bottom tier and went 1-2 for damage out of all 30 players. It was a GOOD night.[/edit]

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
yea from the test server as soon as you get 2-3 rounds off of the new german TD line, you're dead. armor on par with the rest of the french line (non TD)

To be honest, armor wise that really isn't any different then the current German TD line. Hell I have been 1 shot in a JagdTiger and it WASN'T an ammo rack! All German TD's have MAJOR holes in their armor and almost never bounce a player that knows anything about the game.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
they're like mobile arty, treat them like the french line or US auto loaders, hit the turrets

- While the hull is thick, the turret is apparently, very much paper-like (20/10/8mm, yes, that is only 20mm on tier 10).

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea lol, kv2 derp mode engaged! to bad it won't see the tier X unless it platoons with an 8 or higher :)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Today's gaming wasn't nice. I was batting about 30% win wise. Not good. Couldn't find a tank where my luck would hold. Then I jumped into my Tiger 1. Seems like the more I play it the more it impresses me. You guys should give this tank a look. I'd like to find a Tiger 1 platoon one day and get into the WW2 battle spirit like this game was originally meant to be.

Have you seen the new patch notes? Looks like arty gets a buff. Stupid Devs. I guess they are listening to the arty players crying about not being god like anymore. Its not like they don't have tanks that can't 1 shot people. Them damn GW arty can 1 shot many tanks on the field if they score a hit. Sucks when you are driving along in a T9 and BAM! You're Dead!. Sucks. Killed by a guy at other end of the battlefield you don't ever see. /rant off.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
With the weak armor, it seems like tier 10 german TDs would be a favorite of arty players. It's almost a guaranteed 1-shot if it hits the turret with its paper armor? A gw panther can probably 1 shot tier 10s, not that it sees them anymore.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
10426479906_d92aa21c19_o.jpg

Sometimes everything just works out, even in a Tier III battle :D

I was on the other team in every screen shot like this. I am so close to losing it (just a game) I was at 52%, i recently watched some of the WoT videos.. and (laugh all you want) learned something i never knew. the angle park.. Of course I know its harder to go through a angled plate then a flat one so alwasy had my sides angled to attacks.. but (ok Even i think its funny, so you can laugh) I was always under the assumption squaring up with front was best, put my thickest Armour up front.. I don't know why it never occurred if i angled it also it would be better.. This little thing has changed my kill count, i average 2 kills a match, since I started this i am up to 4!!!! yes its only a week or so.. but so far stat wise its really improved my game, something so little that im sure everybody reading this is thinking "what a dumbazz" but the flip of this.. in one week i have went from 52.33% for 51.66% win.. im killing and doing more dmg and losing more.. FOOK pub matches!!!!