[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 384 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
well I think I won me a type 59

qBlhO0w.jpg

jhINs8S.jpg

E9QYp9z.jpg

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well let's see if this works.

This is a fun screenshot showing I picked the right camo for this battle. I thought my tank had gone invisible at first:

con2mv7di5cy776fg.jpg

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
There's a pretty sweet special going on, mostly for those of you with t10s.

Nevermind, hasn't started yet.

Last edited:

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
This one?

Mission: Damage, Inc.

Objective (Repeatable): Deal 3,000 points of damage or greater in a single battle

Reward: 3,000 Crew Experience

It's going to be good ;)

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
That's the one, and I'm sure it will be great for you guys with 10s. The odds of me managing 3k in a t7 are quite bad, and that is about the highest tier that I care to play more than a couple times a week.

Mar 10, 2005
That's the one, and I'm sure it will be great for you guys with 10s. The odds of me managing 3k in a t7 are quite bad, and that is about the highest tier that I care to play more than a couple times a week.

3k is pretty do-able for t7. what tank are you playing?

hell, earlier tonight i did 2600 with my tiger p against 5 t9's and many t8's (still lost :p)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Watched the final series between SIMP and Fulcrum. I am glad SIMP put the pressure on and made it 3-2 and had a chance to even it up. I loved the game going down to the wire with a missed shot costing them the game.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Watched the final series between SIMP and Fulcrum. I am glad SIMP put the pressure on and made it 3-2 and had a chance to even it up. I loved the game going down to the wire with a missed shot costing them the game.

Are there replays available?

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
3k is pretty do-able for t7. what tank are you playing?

hell, earlier tonight i did 2600 with my tiger p against 5 t9's and many t8's (still lost :p)

If it was going to happen for me, it would probably be in my Tiger P. I also play a kv3 and su152, but generally don't deal as much damage with either as I do in the P. But, as in your example, a t7 has to be on or near the bottom of the match, otherwise there likely won't be enough enemy HP to go around. Plus, in a P you're only dealing damage in chunks of 240, that is a lot of shots you need to land.

Now I'm not saying it's not possible get 3k in a t7, but I am saying that it would be quite a feat. I barely pay any attention to my damage numbers, but I think 2k is a middling-high match for me, with a few scoring above 2500. But even if you disagree completely with all of the above, you have to admit that it is far more common to have a 3k+ game in an E4, or even an IS7, than it is for any tier 7 (except maybe arty).

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Are there replays available?

Yep, on the link I had on twitch.tv, right side, click videos. You can scroll through it and avoid all the time wasting filler crap.

[edit] On a different note, I got to game 300 in my E2 so it is shelved forever with a 80% win rate. I think that is good enough for 4th on the server in that tank. I finished pretty strong with a couple of games in the 2k damage mark (including an infuriating loss). That fast firing 76mm is so much fun.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
3k damage is quite difficult in a t7 just because of the setup.

Most guns that range don't do that much damage as is and if your team is any good, you'll have a lot of people "stealing" your damage. The biggest problem though is if you're fighting tier 5s (you being top gun), there's going to be a lot of soft targets with 400-500 hp running around that might get instagibbed by your teammates, leaving you nothing to kill.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Yep, on the link I had on twitch.tv, right side, click videos. You can scroll through it and avoid all the time wasting filler crap.

[edit] On a different note, I got to game 300 in my E2 so it is shelved forever with a 80% win rate. I think that is good enough for 4th on the server in that tank. I finished pretty strong with a couple of games in the 2k damage mark (including an infuriating loss). That fast firing 76mm is so much fun.

where's the link?

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
2 retard platoons, tier 8s that don't know how to do shit, arty blowing shit up.

Sounds like a normal day.

Don't forget the part where a shitty light has a full half of the team's kills and is #3 in damage.

But, the bolded is too true. It's almost enough to make me take up platooning, but then you're at the mercy of peoples' schedules, you have to wait for everyone to die before moving on from a train wreck, and your family makes fun of you for yelling into your headset all night.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
man, MM is trolling me hard in my 268. i have a stunning 30% winrate
doesn't matter if i kill 5+ or do 4k+ damage per match.
i got steamrolled all last night, not even close. most games were 15-5 ugh

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Don't forget the part where a shitty light has a full half of the team's kills and is #3 in damage.

But, the bolded is too true. It's almost enough to make me take up platooning, but then you're at the mercy of peoples' schedules, you have to wait for everyone to die before moving on from a train wreck, and your family makes fun of you for yelling into your headset all night.

Yeap, I've gotten over 4k damage on my T-71 before, way above the heavies on my team. I don't think it's sad, in reality a lot of people don't strive to be good at the game. They play For Fun™... but its pretty obvious a lot of them bot when my friend's 64 year old father has higher ratings than a lot of people and he's by no means good at the game.

man, MM is trolling me hard in my 268. i have a stunning 30% winrate
doesn't matter if i kill 5+ or do 4k+ damage per match.
i got steamrolled all last night, not even close. most games were 15-5 ugh

Yeah, I have about the same win ratio in my 268, but I attribute that to myself. I've forgotten how to play the obj series and have to relearn where to go to be effective.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Aren't all t10s hard to succeed in? My understanding is that at t10 an individual's skill doesn't affect the outcome nearly as much as the group's teamwork. Whenever I get drafted up to t10, the side with the most platooned members normally stomps on the other side.