[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 377 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, I'm back from my vacation travels so I can resume playing again. Still have a week of vacation time away from work so I'll have to grind something I suppose. Probably just farm credits too.

3x crew training the rest of the day, and don't miss the 30 kill for 300k credits once a day.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
No, I'm not. I'm responding to jerkiness. You seem to be adding some of your own.

I got a brigde for sale.
I bought it from the same guy that coded the rigged MM in WoT...interested?

I have +16K battles in WoT now...never seen any indication of rigged MM.

But I woul still like to sell you that brigde, pm me for details.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Well, I'm back from my vacation travels so I can resume playing again. Still have a week of vacation time away from work so I'll have to grind something I suppose. Probably just farm credits too.

It's batchat on track until wednesday ish, so if you don't have one you can get most of the stuff int he tree for 30% off.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I got a brigde for sale.
I bought it from the same guy that coded the rigged MM in WoT...interested?

I have +16K battles in WoT now...never seen any indication of rigged MM.

But I woul still like to sell you that brigde, pm me for details.

Lonbjerg: I can't read! It's all about MM! I'll try to be sarcastic AND clueless!

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009

Lonbjerg: I can't read! It's all about MM! I'll try to be sarcastic AND clueless!

Try again:

I still wonder if there's some secret modifier in each match that sometimes adjusts one side's penetration. The results seem a bit skewed for random distribution.

I just did some clan wars. In the final, my TD was 8 shots, 8 hits, 8 pens.

In the land next match, my whole team said it was suddenly a disaster for penetration.

My T110E5 with gold had 11 shots, 8 hits, and 3 pens for a total of 128 damage. I think I had 7 bounces in a row, the 7th to the ammo rack area of a T62A.

Most of my shots were to the sides of enemies.

But the enemy had 5 hits and 5 pens to my tank, mostly front.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
LOL it's Lonbtroll, back to edify all with inane crap.

So, trolling is bad, but personal attacks aren't? Wait - they're both against the rules. Please don't excuse one behavior because someone is engaged in the other. Simply report the trolling posts rather than attacking the poster. Thanks. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
guess i'll grind for the T30 now, that's the next closest
i'm in tier V for most of the other shit im grinding atm.
m103 is about 1/3 of the way there to the E5

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Gotta say I like the E-50M so far.
39 games, 69% winrate in it.

You can play this like a champ...go PAB like a heavy, rush/flank like a medium..be 2nd line sniper...or front line rammer.

And I love the gun...precise, fast...and very happy to pen ^^

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I've had the T30 unlocked for quite some time, but haven't purchased it because I've only got 20K free EXP right now, and I need almost 90K for the tracks and 155mm. How bad is the grind with the 120mm firing AP? I'm also annyoed that the T30 adds another loader, my Proto crew has two skills fully trained, and one of them is BiA.

My other option is to grind the ST-I, I haven't done that one because I don't even have the BL-9, 175mm pen seems brutal in tier IX.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've had the T30 unlocked for quite some time, but haven't purchased it because I've only got 20K free EXP right now, and I need almost 90K for the tracks and 155mm. How bad is the grind with the 120mm firing AP? I'm also annyoed that the T30 adds another loader, my Proto crew has two skills fully trained, and one of them is BiA.

My other option is to grind the ST-I, I haven't done that one because I don't even have the BL-9, 175mm pen seems brutal in tier IX.

The 120mm is a decent gun. It's got a higher theoretical DPM, faster aiming, but less penetration. You also don't really want to stick your nose out any more than needed, so the big alpha damage on the 155 is important (paper hull). The reload on the 155 is looooooong.

I've had the T30 since it was a crappy tier 10 heavy. Now, I tend to really enjoy playing my (free premium) T34 and the T30, which were both changed significantly a while back and now they are very respectable tanks.

5k more XP and I unlock the 110E4 :)

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I finally gave in and bought a caern. The thing has serious troll turret armor and the gun is like a laser beam.... that doesn't do much damage. Still trying to figure out how to use this darn thing.

It's not a particularly intimidating tank, but it has good enough pen that lets it damage stuff. The gun depression is amazing so I've been going to my typical T-29 spots, but I feel like there's something missing with the tank, dunno what though.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
shit did not know the T30 has an extra loader
what kinda penalty do i get training a radio operator for loader?

not there yet, about 15-20k away right now

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I finally gave in and bought a caern. The thing has serious troll turret armor and the gun is like a laser beam.... that doesn't do much damage. Still trying to figure out how to use this darn thing.

It's not a particularly intimidating tank, but it has good enough pen that lets it damage stuff. The gun depression is amazing so I've been going to my typical T-29 spots, but I feel like there's something missing with the tank, dunno what though.

I know I hate Caerns, I shoot them first whenever possible. From the front they are quite bouncy and they do very reliable damage. They're also reasonably nimble and can be a real pain to deal with when they're in a good position.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to train a crewman in a different primary role. There are penalties for retraining across different vehicle classes, though.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

You can't change a crew member's job, you can only retrain for a different tank. Also, you'll be mad when you find out that T110E4 gets rid of the extra loader :awe:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
really? i could have swore the E4 has 2 loaders as well

edit: ya it does, it gets rid of the radio operator....ugh how retarded

Last edited:

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
really? i could have swore the E4 has 2 loaders as well

edit: ya it does, it gets rid of the radio operator....ugh how retarded

Ohh yeah, that's what I meant heh. Ah well, you can never have enough 3 skilled jobless radio operators :rolleyes:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Why don't you get the E5, it's good.

huh? i am grinding towards the E5
i was just listing how much xp is needed until i can get to it :)

right now i can buy the centurion 1, but think i'm gonna pass as i wont have enough credits to buy the T30 if i get the centurion now

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I know I hate Caerns, I shoot them first whenever possible. From the front they are quite bouncy and they do very reliable damage. They're also reasonably nimble and can be a real pain to deal with when they're in a good position.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to train a crewman in a different primary role. There are penalties for retraining across different vehicle classes, though.

I need the good engine. With the stock engine it was slower and less mobile than a churchill VII. Finally gave in and free exp'd the 2nd engine (~20k, grinded out 10k painfully) and ... got on a desert map. Can't tell the difference driving over sand dunes lololol.

and the radioman thing is one of the bigger complaints. I have about 4-5 different radiomen just sitting in my barracks, cleaning things and cooking meals for the other tankers. Though a good use for them is to pick a nice tier 7/8 tank (T-29 or IS-3 comes to mind) and just let them get in their roles.

It's funny, my T-29 has a 3 skilled radio man, the rest are still just 1-2 skilled.