[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 372 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Contemplating getting the $50~ cash/gold package (~ 5m credits) so I can buy the tanks I want, but I never liked their conversion rates and prefer to get a premium and grind out the credits.

That's a better way to go. The credits are expensive.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
That's a better way to go. The credits are expensive.

it's very true, but my time's been at a premium lately, so spending 2-3 days grinding out 5 million credits is not going to be my preferred way to spend my free time. Even with 3 premium tanks it won't be fast.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
These buy credit deals are all about what you value your time to be. It is the same idea as paying people to power level WoW characters. 5 million credits would be how many games in the Type 59? Is that worth more or less than 50 bucks to you?

I used to be cheap as hell with this stuff as well. But then I realized the time put in to attain something. And that time was never enjoyable to me. So spending 50 bucks to get that tank instantly becomes very much worth it for me.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
good point thinking of it in terms of time and not $. i usually free xp to fully upgrade my tier 8+ tanks to help with the grind as soon as i buy them. i cant stand grinding an additional 100k+ xp on top of whatever is needed to unlock the next tank anymore.

it's going to be a rough 2 weeks, we're gonna see a shit ton of batchats running around due to the special.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I agree with those comments - it's either worth it or not to buy credits. Comparitively though if you are picking, the premium tank is the better value.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
These buy credit deals are all about what you value your time to be. It is the same idea as paying people to power level WoW characters. 5 million credits would be how many games in the Type 59? Is that worth more or less than 50 bucks to you?

I used to be cheap as hell with this stuff as well. But then I realized the time put in to attain something. And that time was never enjoyable to me. So spending 50 bucks to get that tank instantly becomes very much worth it for me.

5 million credits is about a month's worth of effort for me if I don't run premium. Also, the $50 provides about 1500 gold as well, which can be used to convert exp. It's not a bad deal for me, less time I spend grinding and more time spent playing tanks I want.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
You guys playing the LTP? I read that mastery badges are easy with them, and they were right:

UKFbbqm.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/OpVbD#0

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I played it a little bit, nothing special and the gun is pretty crappy too. Will sell it for the extra slot since I still have the T127.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
event weekend working as intended lol. welcome to my world.
you know i've never thought about this but i read a thread on the forums about stat padding by constantly fighting in low tiers, i'm able to overcome stupid teams more often than not @ tier V or lower. hit 10 straight games won easily. i think i need to do this to get my win % up.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
you know i've never thought about this but i read a thread on the forums about stat padding by constantly fighting in low tiers, i'm able to overcome stupid teams more often than not @ tier V or lower. hit 10 straight games won easily. i think i need to do this to get my win % up.

Or, keep a lower % and surprise the XVM users.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I don't really care much about stats for myself, but it is frustrating to keep losing. Fortunately the up side is I'm killing 30 tanks and getting my 300k easily enough.

Also bought an obj 268, and boy this thing is such a beast. Even though I haven't won much in it, the armor is bouncy and the gun is an improved BL10.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
just unlocked the M103. the T32 grind was pretty long
did you guys keep the M103? right now i'm training 2 crews in the T32 and T29.
i plan to sell the T29 and move the crew into the T32 and continue training there.
T32 crew will go into the M103.

i was planning to move the M103 crew into the T110E5 once i get it. and to move the T32 crew into the T57 heavy once i get there (super far away, barely @ tier V for that line)

debating on keeping the M103 or not. also is it worth unlocking the last gun and turret on the M103 or just keep that XP for the T110E5?

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999

That is one of the reasons why WN ratings were created. Hurts the low tier players a lot. WN8 is especially painful to them (including me since I still play all tiers).

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
i plan to sell the T29 and move the crew into the T32 and continue training there.

i was planning to move the M103 crew into the T110E5 once i get it. and to move the T32 crew into the T57 heavy once i get there (super far away, barely @ tier V for that line)

debating on keeping the M103 or not. also is it worth unlocking the last gun and turret on the M103 or just keep that XP for the T110E5?

I thought I would keep the M103 but then I never played it after getting the T110 so I sold it.

If you don't think you'll keep the 103 you're probably better off skipping those last 2 upgrades. All you're gaining from them is 20m view range and ~15mm pen.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

The last gun on the M103 makes the tank more enjoyable grinding to the E5. I just sold my 103, I plan to buy another T-29 at some point. I enjoyed that one a little more. Have not purchased E5 yet...too many other tanks to buy right now...

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I kept all my American heavies. I still use them to at least train crew xp, even though I only have a fully trained E5 crew. I bounce them from tank to tank, the training penalty is bad but the extra xp is decent. I did fully upgrade each tank because I enjoy playing each of them.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
eh i just free xp'd the turret and last gun on the M103.
figured my time was worth more than 6k gold because 100k+ credits to fully upgrade would take at least 2-3 weeks for me, THEN i'd have to start the 180k+ grind for the E5

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The last gun makes a huge difference in the grind. I free exp'd it and don't regret it one bit. The gun itself is a bit weird, but that's besides the point.

Oct 25, 2006
Just got to the Su-152.

After playing the Su-85b and the Su-100 this thing is a goddamn whale. Its traverse and top speed is so damn low.

I'm not sure how I feel about the 152mm. I may be using it wrong or something, but I don't feel that its damage output goes well with its apparently infinite reload time. It can insta kill tier 6's just fine (mostly), but against higher tier tanks, it might as well be a flyswatter.

I suppose I should try to get more used to it. I intend on bypassing this tank ASAP and getting into the ISU-152 anyway.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Just got to the Su-152.

After playing the Su-85b and the Su-100 this thing is a goddamn whale. Its traverse and simple top speed is so damn low.

I'm not sure how I feel about the 152mm. I may be using it wrong or something, but I don't feel that its damage output goes well with its apparently infinite reload time. It can insta kill tier 6's just fine (mostly), but against higher tier tanks, it might as well be a flyswatter.

I suppose I should try to get more used to it. I intend on bypassing this tank ASAP and getting into the ISU-152 anyway.

don't bypass it. It teaches you to be patient and to aim well and the ISU plays largely the same. The BL-10 requires the same careful treatment as the 152, and you'll want to save your free exp for tracks + BL10 ASAP anyway when you hit the ISU. As a rule, the handling of the tanks after the SU-85 will never be as good as the SU-85 unless you're going up the obj 263 route.

Play it like a direct fire arty. Or you can mount the 122mm on it and go DPS crazy. With the top 122 it's a dps death machine.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Just got to the Su-152.

After playing the Su-85b and the Su-100 this thing is a goddamn whale. Its traverse and top speed is so damn low.

I did the grind using the 152 and he only. It went quick for me