[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 370 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
So what happens to all the people who own a T-50-2? Is it just like what happened to things like the T59, IS2, etc. where if you own it, you still have it, but otherwise you can't get it anymore?

No, it's just gone. You get the new nerfed tank.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i'm just gonna sell the replacement tank as soon as i get home
and xfer the crew with skills over to my T62a once i buy it now, and take the penalty for retraining. they should have at LEAST given the new radioman the same skills as the lowest of your existing crew to be fair :(
i was already close to finishing up the 3rd skill on my T-50-2 ugh

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
That's fucked up, nearly 3 skilled T-50-2 crew gets nerfed to shit with a noob crew member. Thanks WG.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
"how terrible..."

yeah I'm just selling this thing. I'll run my T-71 with my friend's cougar from now on and shove the crew into my T-127.

RIP T-50-2.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
yea i'm just gonna sell the replacement tank as soon as i get home
and xfer the crew with skills over to my T62a once i buy it now, and take the penalty for retraining. they should have at LEAST given the new radioman the same skills as the lowest of your existing crew to be fair :(
i was already close to finishing up the 3rd skill on my T-50-2 ugh

Same, 2.83 crew skills.

They just don't care. I've made the point they seem to have a lot of arrogance on this.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yeah, how hard is it to not screw over your crew by giving the new one the exp that your lowest-exp'd crew has? They give reporters and journalists fully perked tank crews during shows so I don't see how this is any different...

From a DBA standpoint it's just a simple join condition. Even if you run it for every single user on the NA server it doesn't take that long... -_-

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
or better yet they should have barrack'd your crew, and given you back the credits it took to buy the T-50-2 and all the upgrades :)

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
WG seems to get off on pissing everyone off through half-assed attempts at balance. We just had 8.6 completely ruin arty while preserving their ability to randomly one-shot mortals, and now everyone's favorite scout is completely ruined.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
or better yet they should have barrack'd your crew, and given you back the credits it took to buy the T-50-2 and all the upgrades :)

The MT25 is one tier higher so it'd cost more too. Whatever, what's done is done. RIP T-50-2, at least I still have fun videos of me circle strafing 6 different tanks while they struggle to hit me...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The MT25 is one tier higher so it'd cost more too. Whatever, what's done is done. RIP T-50-2, at least I still have fun videos of me circle strafing 6 different tanks while they struggle to hit me...

Actually apparently the MT-25 is half the cost. The tier 5 scouts had a high price.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i got rid of it, i think i got a little under 500k back for it.
moved the crew to the T62a

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Well, somehow I ended up with 300k+ exp on my MT25. Not sure if that was converted or if I just had that much lying around on my t-50-2. hmmm....

more fun facts: MT-25 has MM 7-11, T-71 has MM 8-11. But T-71 is smaller and has a viewing range of 400 (and has an INCREDIBLE gun), whereas the MT-25 has top view range of 370 (with the good turret), worse acceleration and a shit gun. The T-71 can active scout, snipe and passive scout: The MT-25 can only passive scout.

The T-21 (a turd in comparison to most scouts) is about the same size as the MT-25, has a better gun, and better view range, and weighs in at 23 tons. The only good thing about the MT-25 is that it can ram things at 25 tons and the armor is about 40mm thick and somewhat decently sloped, so big shells don't easily overmatch it.

But there's literally 0 reason to run this tank over a T-71 now unless you like to derp into things.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
so i just ended up paying the 800gold to get my t-50-2 crew to 100% since they already had 3 skills each and put them on the T62a.

damn this thing is pretty fragile, i knew this before hand that it could not brawl like the t54 but man it feels like driving around a glass tank. will take a bit to get used to it, it's a lot slower than the t54 when climbing hills also.

on another note, all my ammo went away on my T54 even tho i have auto refill ammo on, anyone else? did they make a ninja nerf to the t54 ammo?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
so i just ended up paying the 800gold to get my t-50-2 crew to 100% since they already had 3 skills each and put them on the T62a.

damn this thing is pretty fragile, i knew this before hand that it could not brawl like the t54 but man it feels like driving around a glass tank. will take a bit to get used to it, it's a lot slower than the t54 when climbing hills also.

on another note, all my ammo went away on my T54 even tho i have auto refill ammo on, anyone else? did they make a ninja nerf to the t54 ammo?

They apparently forgot to change the ammo price on the T54 in 8.6, so they snuck it into 8.7. Due to this, they sold all your current T54 ammo. I ended up getting almost 8M back for my stockpile of T54 ammo.

Now I have another issue, since they sold off all my ammo stockpiles, I'm sitting on around 40M in credits with no tanks unlocked atm to buy. Now I'm just waiting for a half off ammo sale, which may or may not every come again.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
The shit they replaced the T-50-2 with pisses me off, and that's just based off specs on the wiki page and what people are saying. I haven't played it, nor will I waste my time on it. Driving a light around just to derp and ram isn't what I thought they were for, so stupid.

/rage

Is a new map, new British SPGs, and destruction of T-50-2 all that this patch did?

Edit, the 15th anniversary specials are a joke, considering the big deal they made it out to be D:

Wargaming's 15th Anniversary Special

Gift Tank
After a brief downtime on August 2nd (specific times will be announced later), all players will be receiving the Soviet LTP tier III light tank.

X3 Crew XP
15% Credit Discount for All Tier X Vehicles
Up to a 30% Gold and Credit Discount for Premium Ammo
50% Gold and Credit Discount for Camo Skins
50% Gold and Credit Discount for Crew Training and Retraining
50% Gold and Credit Discount for Crew Skill Reset
50% Gold Discount for Garage Slots
50% Gold Discount on Barracks for Crewmen

Gold Discounts for Premium Account
15% Gold discount for one year (360 Days) and half year (180 days)
Seven days for the price of three
Three days for the price of one

15th Anniversary Special Missions

Mission #1
Objective (Random Battles only): Earn the most XP on the losing team. Your base XP value must be higher than the following, based on your tier:

Tier I - III: 170 XP
Tier IV - VI: 350 XP
Tier VII - VIII: 460 XP
Tier IX - X: 500 XP
Repeatable Reward: +50% XP and Credits for the match

Mission #2
Objective (Random Battles only): Earn the most XP on the winning team. Your base XP value must be higher than the following, based on your tier:

Tier I - III: 340 XP
Tier IV - VI: 700 XP
Tier VII - VIII: 920 XP
Tier IX - X: 1,000 XP
Repeatable Reward: +x3 Crew XP for the match

Mission #3
Objective (Random Battles only): Obtain any of the following achievements:

Top Gun
Patrol Duty
Crucial Contribution
Repeatable Reward: +100% Credits for the match

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
They apparently forgot to change the ammo price on the T54 in 8.6, so they snuck it into 8.7. Due to this, they sold all your current T54 ammo. I ended up getting almost 8M back for my stockpile of T54 ammo.

Now I have another issue, since they sold off all my ammo stockpiles, I'm sitting on around 40M in credits with no tanks unlocked atm to buy. Now I'm just waiting for a half off ammo sale, which may or may not every come again.

gimme, need an E-50M, indien-pz and T-28 proto. :(

the bonuses actually look decent. There's the ammo sale we've been waiting for, and crew exp is way better than stupid x5 or x3 events. I doubt those multiplicative bonuses stack but it would be sweet to get a x9 bonus for one win.

and I could use some camo skins...

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
gimme, need an E-50M, indien-pz and T-28 proto. :(

the bonuses actually look decent. There's the ammo sale we've been waiting for, and crew exp is way better than stupid x5 or x3 events. I doubt those multiplicative bonuses stack but it would be sweet to get a x9 bonus for one win.

and I could use some camo skins...

I would assume it would end up being x6 xp and not x9. Although win the last mission (top gun most likely) and it happen to be your double for the day and have crew xp turned on and one lucky crew member is gonna get a shitton of xp. I can see me maybe finally rounding out some of those few last %s of some of my 3 skilled crewed. It could maybe be a posibility that I could finally make it to 5 skills on one of my tanks, however I seriously doubt it, as I would probably have to play it the entire weekend.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
5 skills.... I don't even have a 4 skilled crew yet. (hovering at around 88%~ on my E-75 3 skilled crew)

Heck, my T-54 has only a 1.9 skilled crew. :p Might play it a bunch this weekend to see if I can skill it up to 2 skills.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
lol figures since i just spent the gold to train my crew to the T62a, a discount would come right after. as well as the 15% discount on tier X's :(
oh well. i'm down to 1.5 mil now after buying the t62a and equipment.

next unlock will be the centurion 1 (5k away)
M103 (25k away)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
lol figures since i just spent the gold to train my crew to the T62a, a discount would come right after. as well as the 15% discount on tier X's :(
oh well. i'm down to 1.5 mil now after buying the t62a and equipment.

Sorry, but I waited, that works out. I should grind credits in the T34 so I can also get the J???100.

Though this game is losing a lot of its charm lately.

One poster suggested that they are listening to some 'pro gamer' types who complained about the T502 and arty, and that drove the changes.

Just rumor, about it being related to their wanting the game to be big in 'pro gaming'.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I never train or spend gold unless its on a sale. I don't have the "omg must have tanx nao" syndrome and can wait a while.

I could buy the E-50M but I don't want to blow all my money on it, but I could save a million credits if I buy it now...

on the other hand I'd like to have a T-62 more, and I don't play tier 10s all that much...

hmmm....

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

They say the DPM is very high, so sniper and flanker it sounds like. Getting mine aug 2.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I never train or spend gold unless its on a sale. I don't have the "omg must have tanx nao" syndrome and can wait a while.

I could buy the E-50M but I don't want to blow all my money on it, but I could save a million credits if I buy it now...

on the other hand I'd like to have a T-62 more, and I don't play tier 10s all that much...

hmmm....

Easier to say when you have a big garage (I do, and can wait also).

The e-50m is on sale now? I can't keep track, thought it was the t57 line.