[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 335 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Isn't there a penalty if the tank type isn't the same, heavy or medium etc.?

You can train even in non-gold tanks of the same nation/type at 25% penalty.

If same type class no penalty but if you say, take a Lowe, which is heavy, and retrain the crew to medium, light, or TD then they suffer a penalty to their primary training percentage. Lets say you retrain them from Lowe to a medium they go down to 60%, or pay 20k credits per crew man and then they are 80% or you can spend gold to make them 100%. But...their secondary skills and perks do not change at all. Only their primary training. The primary training moves along fairly well but when in a gold tank the primary and skills/perks level faster than non gold tanks. Which is why people use them to train up crews. Faster leveling and no loss to skills and perks which are the harder ones to level up. The most you lose is some credits, to train them from 60% to 80% or possibly gold to train them up to 100% right away but most people who have premium accounts dont worry about that. They tend to have the creds or gold to begin with.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just needed to post it since I was a wall of doom this game

shot_002.jpg

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
AC 48 has like 7 tons of spare load capacity, you can research the tracks last. However I'm not sure about free xp'ing the gun, 2.9s aim time for 400 alpha seems....meh. I just got mine and haven't played any games in it yet so I can't say for sure yet, but I am going to try it with the 100mm. I made the same mistake free xp'ing the 100mm on the AC 46 and went back to the long 90 because of the horrible aim time.

Thanks for the info. I just don't think the 100mm is going to cut it at this point. Plus I've played enough russian/chinese tanks and the T34 to the point where 2.9s aim time isn't THAT bad.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
The 48 with the 120mm is how the TD should be. That gun is the french version of the M58, similar pen and damage.
Put a GLD and aim well.

I hate the french 100mm in all of its incarnations. Odd shell arc and slow travel time, plus strange accuracy problems. I used the 90mm on the 46 and freexp'ed the 120mm on the 48.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Thanks for the info. I just don't think the 100mm is going to cut it at this point. Plus I've played enough russian/chinese tanks and the T34 to the point where 2.9s aim time isn't THAT bad.

I tried out the AC series in the test server. Both of them are shit.

If you played the ARL, the biggest problems with the tank remains. The horrendously long aim time and low shell velocity and strange accuracy issues (probably due to the low shell speed)

It takes almost 5(!!) full seconds for your reticule to shrink down, this is with a 100% crew + vents + GLD (it might be a tiny bit better with 100% BIA). When you move (either gun traverse or body traverse), your reticule blooms a ridiculous amount which makes you exposed to enemy fire for a ridiculously long period of time. Combined with limited horizontal traverse (not as bad as russian TDs i'll say) both ACs are lemons. I think it has decent gun depression though, so you can sorrrrt of hull down in places inaccessible to russian TDs.

The biggest problem is the medium velocity shell, it travels so slowly I have to lead targets even at 200m.

postmark

May 17, 2011
Here's the rules straight from the wiki:

Lack of Competence A crew member is always trained for a specific vehicle. Should a crewman operate a vehicle that he is not trained for, he may receive a penalty to his training level. This is indicated by the training level being colored red in the garage screen. A penalty received for the following situations:

• If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same class, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, there is no penalty.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same class, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he will take a 25% penalty to his current training level. So, for example, 80% base training level will be reduced to 60%, or 100% base training level will be reduced to 75%.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different class, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, he will also take a 25% penalty to his current training level.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different class, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he will take a 50% penalty to his current training level. So, for example, an 80% crew will be reduced to 40% base training level, while a 100% crew will reduced to 50% base training level.
Experience gain for each crew member is also reduced under these conditions.

If same type class no penalty but if you say, take a Lowe, which is heavy, and retrain the crew to medium, light, or TD then they suffer a penalty to their primary training percentage. Lets say you retrain them from Lowe to a medium they go down to 60%, or pay 20k credits per crew man and then they are 80% or you can spend gold to make them 100%. But...their secondary skills and perks do not change at all. Only their primary training. The primary training moves along fairly well but when in a gold tank the primary and skills/perks level faster than non gold tanks. Which is why people use them to train up crews. Faster leveling and no loss to skills and perks which are the harder ones to level up. The most you lose is some credits, to train them from 60% to 80% or possibly gold to train them up to 100% right away but most people who have premium accounts dont worry about that. They tend to have the creds or gold to begin with.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Just for fun, I tried the T110E4 on the test server.

Holy shit O_O

got ~4-6k damage every game, this thing is fantastic. Handles really well and the gun is reliable.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Just for fun, I tried the T110E4 on the test server.

Holy shit O_O

got ~4-6k damage every game, this thing is fantastic. Handles really well and the gun is reliable.

Yeah its badass damage dealer but long reload time. Everyone knows this so soon as you shoot people will rush out and shoot you and kill you quick. Arty loves to do damage to it as well which is probably my biggest complaint. Its great in towns and cities but open countryside it suffers badly. It's camo value sucks horribly. Repair bills is a bitch too but thats common with T10 tanks of any kind. Due to its long reload time leaving it defenseless you do not want to be caught anywhere alone with it. Other tanks will have a field day with it if caught alone.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
T110E4 also has huge tumors and has less armor than the t95. I'm more scared of the foch155 than the 110E4 though, that tank can 1 clip all mediums and most heavies.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Typical...patch 0.8.5 is online on the EU servers...an the "red sea" comes out in force to play...good thing I got too much work the next 6 days...ranked MM is sorley missed!!!

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I remember once I one shotted a IS7. Frontally at close range. The team was amazed and the IS7 guy was really pissed off. I think the whole thing was a rare fluke but the M110E4 was really bad ass in the early release. Then they nerfed it some. Haven't been able to one shot a IS7 since then. I can take a good chunk out of one though. Unfortunately I dont enjoy playing it as much because of all the arty in a T10 game.

BTW, 8.5 now live. Go get it! 654 MB download

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I remember once I one shotted a IS7. Frontally at close range. The team was amazed and the IS7 guy was really pissed off. I think the whole thing was a rare fluke but the M110E4 was really bad ass in the early release. Then they nerfed it some. Haven't been able to one shot a IS7 since then. I can take a good chunk out of one though. Unfortunately I dont enjoy playing it as much because of all the arty in a T10 game.

By any chance did this happen on the map with the magical forest? If so I might have been that IS-7.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

i've seen quite a few is7's one shotted, must be an ammo rack or some other glitch heh
cuz i've been one shotted before in my is7 as well

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have been one shot in my IS7 and I have one shot multiple IS7s. Each time it has involved an E100 as the ammo rack seeking tank. Each time it was from the front. I have virtually ammo racked 2 IS7s in my 183 as well.

Last night I had a glorious solo game in my E100. I did 7000+ damage, got a steel wall (took 10k potential damage) and top gun. The enemy allowed me to shoot 19! times. I broke 100k in income, and it was a 4200 point double (premium). I lived with ~50hp and we could have lost that game at any point. Somewhere in the middle of it, I said win or lose it was a hell of a game.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
By any chance did this happen on the map with the magical forest? If so I might have been that IS-7.

Siegfreid Line map. It was in town. He rounded the corner and I was waiting for him. Shot low and between the treads like I usually do in a frontal confrontation. Lower glacis. He went up like a match.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Welp, arty is still ridiculous. Heavy tanks are worthless, I might as well just start grinding up the new german line. What's the point of armor if the fingers of God annihilate you anyways.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Welp, arty is still ridiculous. Heavy tanks are worthless, I might as well just start grinding up the new german line. What's the point of armor if the fingers of God annihilate you anyways.

yup.

stay away from tier 10. and tier 9 for that matter, though it sees much less arty fests.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Or use cover and camo and movement. It's doable. I play two tier 8 arty's (and tier 10 heavy and td). I can't just shoot any enemy all the time.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
garage sale this weekend!

also x3 so hold on to your butts for the wave of terribads.

Time to put that free 1300 gold I got last week to good use. I'll probably just get 10-15 slots so I don't have to worry about slots again for a long long time.

I took a few days off to play some other games, but I guess I'll get the patch today and then work on getting my mods working. I'll probably end up moving my 4 skilled crew off my pz4 and start down the DB line and at least get the indie. I'm not sure if I'll even bother with thier 9/10 though, although only time will tell. At least with that crew I might stand a chance of winning me some gold with that stupid ass top 100 bullshit they do every patch now.