[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 334 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Had a really good game, need to brag.

JgLGeaw.jpg

Used silvgold rounds, but I'm not apologizing.
http://imgur.com/a/CsoQi#0

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
i haven't touched my maus or e100 , they are just the worst tier X's right now.
all the new guns can pen them, armor means nothing now. and the e100's top gun unless you're using gold, can't pen shit either

maus: yeah. Sucks. Armor is worthless now, and even prior to gold rounds the license plate is a huge sorespot anyway.

E-100: You gotta sling gold. Don't use it if you don't want to shoot gold rounds. Sidescraping is still useful since I believe the sideskirts count as spaced armor on top of your track armor. Only TDs will go through if you're scraping. As usual, if you show your LFP you're looking for a bruising.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
so my 24hrs is up for the 2nd anniversary code heh, i managed to:
complete T1 grind, got crew to 100% and bought M6 (xferred everything from T1 and got tracks now)
got my lorraine to 190k xp, only 10k more for the batchat
got the top gun for the amx50 120 ( i like it a LOT more now than before, this gun pens everything)

and got to play my tier 9/10's since w/o premium you lose credits 95% of the time. :)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I've steel walled about half my games so far. People still have issues with them...TD's are the only ones that really put a hurt on, but slightly angeling makes even them bounce. Now if they throw gold...all bets are off.

I rarely live in the E100 but I can sure eat a lot of shells and dish out a lot of damage before going down. Angling is key, people still have no idea where to shoot this thing if they can't hit the lower hull. It is still my favorite tier 10 to play in pubs.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I rarely live in the E100 but I can sure eat a lot of shells and dish out a lot of damage before going down. Angling is key, people still have no idea where to shoot this thing if they can't hit the lower hull. It is still my favorite tier 10 to play in pubs.

You seemed pissed the hell off yesterday. I'm sorry. Next time I'll kick the other person (aka Dangling), if the event arises again. I feel obligated to play with my brother when he's on, cause well, he's my brother. Maybe I'll have to resort to flipping coins or some shit afterwards in the future, b/c that seems the fairest way. Either that or just disband the platoon and go play another game with my brother.

In other news...
I got up to 17M credits yesterday(made like 5M over the weekend thanks to IS-6 and T-34 streaks), and then promptly blew 14M of it on premium rounds. So I'm now sitting on 3k IS-6 122mm rounds, 3k t54 rounds, 3.5k Konisch rounds, 1K batchat rounds, and a sprinkling of other rounds mixed in there. I also unlocked the T-34-2, but I still have a few more games in the 34-1 so I can unlock the radio and elite the tank.

I'm also only like 7k away from the Ac Mle tier 8 french TD. The bad part is I'll have to blow 60k free xp for the gun. Does anyone know if I need the tracks to mount the gun? It would suck to have to blow another 15k ish free xp also for the damn tracks.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
You seemed pissed the hell off yesterday. I'm sorry. Next time I'll kick the other person (aka Dangling), if the event arises again. I feel obligated to play with my brother when he's on, cause well, he's my brother. Maybe I'll have to resort to flipping coins or some shit afterwards in the future, b/c that seems the fairest way. Either that or just disband the platoon and go play another game with my brother.
Nah, I acted like a freaking kid. If anything I should be the one apologizing for leaving like that. I definitely understand and agree with playing with your brother when you can (just as I have platooned with RL friends over virtual). I dislike being the odd man out (as I am sure many do), and I REALLY dislike having to volunteer my spot to be vacated because the other is suddenly completely silent. The situation needed to be resolved and it became a battle of wills instead of a discussion.

I am NOT angry with you. Can't say the same for Dangling.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wow how do you guys get that many credits earned? is that just using a premium tank all weekend?
i hated the decision to let gold rounds be bought by credits, ugh
actually i hate the idea of gold rounds entirely but i guess wargaming needs their $

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
wow how do you guys get that many credits earned? is that just using a premium tank all weekend?
i hated the decision to let gold rounds be bought by credits, ugh
actually i hate the idea of gold rounds entirely but i guess wargaming needs their $

I'd argue that silver bought gold rounds even the playing field by opening up the gold round market to just casual players who don't want to spend money. If people wanted to spend $ on gold, they would've already done that.

I've also made about 1m credits just playing casually over the weekend. It's a lot easier with prem, but even without prem I can make money on tier 9 tanks most of the time.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Cred farming is easy if you have a gold tank or two plus a premium account. Lets see, I have the Lowe, Type 59, and the T26E4 SP to farm with. Just keep switching them back and forth as you go and you can make some serious money fast. I'm not using the Type 59 now so much lately since I bought the T26E4. I think its mainly because I'm more into crew training than I used to be. Farm creds while training skills up at same time.

Over the weekend I mainly played in my Hellcat. Fun sniper tank plus the added credit increase made some good cash to add to my bank account which I'm now building up again. The time I spent grinding my VK3002DB up cost almost 5 million in creds running only gold shells. I played other tanks during that time as well but 90% was in the 3002DB. Pricey XP grind for sure.

Time to farm credits again while waiting for patch 8.5.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Cred farming is easy if you have a gold tank or two plus a premium account. Lets see, I have the Lowe, Type 59, and the T26E4 SP to farm with. Just keep switching them back and forth as you go and you can make some serious money fast. I'm not using the Type 59 now so much lately since I bought the T26E4. I think its mainly because I'm more into crew training than I used to be. Farm creds while training skills up at same time.

Over the weekend I mainly played in my Hellcat. Fun sniper tank plus the added credit increase made some good cash to add to my bank account which I'm now building up again. The time I spent grinding my VK3002DB up cost almost 5 million in creds running only gold shells. I played other tanks during that time as well but 90% was in the 3002DB. Pricey XP grind for sure.

Time to farm credits again while waiting for patch 8.5.

ah i only have the type59, but i see now that if you got multiple premiums you can cycle thru them and make insane $.

how does crew training work? can i train crews from other nations using my type59? or only chinese line crews now?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i think i'm gonna abandon the kv-4 grind, it's so slow and boring, and from battling ST-I's, they are crap.

will probably pick up the french arty line from tier V since that's already unlocked for me thru the amx's

postmark

May 17, 2011
ah i only have the type59, but i see now that if you got multiple premiums you can cycle thru them and make insane $.

how does crew training work? can i train crews from other nations using my type59? or only chinese line crews now?

Chinese only. And unless you want the crew to perform bad it's only the same type of tank ( medium crew will lose no skill others will)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
i think i'm gonna abandon the kv-4 grind, it's so slow and boring, and from battling ST-I's, they are crap.
I love my KV-4. The 107 on that is absolutely amazing. The armor is trollish. But then I like big slow tanks. I don't plan to ever get the ST-1.

ddjkdg

Dec 22, 2001

In other news...
I got up to 17M credits yesterday(made like 5M over the weekend thanks to IS-6 and T-34 streaks), and then promptly blew 14M of it on premium rounds. So I'm now sitting on 3k IS-6 122mm rounds, 3k t54 rounds, 3.5k Konisch rounds, 1K batchat rounds, and a sprinkling of other rounds mixed in there. I also unlocked the T-34-2, but I still have a few more games in the 34-1 so I can unlock the radio and elite the tank.

I'm also only like 7k away from the Ac Mle tier 8 french TD. The bad part is I'll have to blow 60k free xp for the gun. Does anyone know if I need the tracks to mount the gun? It would suck to have to blow another 15k ish free xp also for the damn tracks.
AC 48 has like 7 tons of spare load capacity, you can research the tracks last. However I'm not sure about free xp'ing the gun, 2.9s aim time for 400 alpha seems....meh. I just got mine and haven't played any games in it yet so I can't say for sure yet, but I am going to try it with the 100mm. I made the same mistake free xp'ing the 100mm on the AC 46 and went back to the long 90 because of the horrible aim time.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

Only on the nation of the gold tank. So for you Chinese tanks only.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Only on the nation of the gold tank. So for you Chinese tanks only.

Isn't there a penalty if the tank type isn't the same, heavy or medium etc.?

You can train even in non-gold tanks of the same nation/type at 25% penalty.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Here's an example. My medium crew is trained for my T20. I can switch that crew back and forth between Ram II, T26E4, and T20, with no penalties. Since Ram and Super Pershing are premium mediums, you can use your medium crew trained for whichever US medium tank and not lose skill level or use of skills.

This is why you shouldn't ever really train a crew to a premium tank. Train them to a regular tank, and as long as that regular tank is same class as premium, their skills won't suffer.