[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 327 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Like the sounds, which sound mod are you using?

I use historical realism mod. Doesn't have track or engine sounds though. It has nice reloading sounds, sounds really cool when you can hear the shells getting loaded. :)

http://historicalrealism.blogspot.com/

Also which minimap mod are you using, and what improvements does it have over the stock?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
sti287m.jpg

looks like a better panther 2...

Also bought a tog. Hilarity ensues in every game.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
god x3 weekend brings out the idiots
everyone is STILL going 1 way about 90% of the time
and the other team just wipes us hard.....

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I hear ya, I haven't done good this weekend at all. Doing about half as much as I normally do and when we win I barely do anything. Efficiency rating dropped like a brick this weekend.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
lol i'd like to be on the other team at least a few times before the weekend ends....

i think im going to have to grind the t1 all the way thru until my crew is 100%
then when i get the m6, do the same
as i need 2 100% crews for the tier 9/10 american heavies...ugh

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
My M3 Lee just had 2 great games tonight. Got 4 kills and did 1k damage in the first. 630 damage in the second with 3 kills.

Overall it was a great day. Went 6-0 solo pub, and the when I platooned we went 13-3 or something. Pretty good night.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
batting a big fat 0 wins so far since reset for 3x :(
i just don't understand how i can take out 4+ tanks and my team still gets steamrolled

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
lol i'd like to be on the other team at least a few times before the weekend ends....

i think im going to have to grind the t1 all the way thru until my crew is 100%
then when i get the m6, do the same
as i need 2 100% crews for the tier 9/10 american heavies...ugh

I'd suggest you grind through both tanks as fast as possible, then train up crews in the T-29 if you need to. M1 and M6 are both fucking terrible, but the T29 is a dream tank. Well, other than the 105 being utter unpredictable that is...

I'm planning on keeping my T71, so I'm transferring my derp sherman's crew to the T69. I don't think I'd mind training crews up from 80% (medium to heavy switch) if I decide to use the T57 though.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ah ok, so use the t29 to 100%, move to t32, and then train 2nd set of crew on t29 again?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I'd suggest you grind through both tanks as fast as possible, then train up crews in the T-29 if you need to. M1 and M6 are both fucking terrible, but the T29 is a dream tank. Well, other than the 105 being utter unpredictable that is...

I'm planning on keeping my T71, so I'm transferring my derp sherman's crew to the T69. I don't think I'd mind training crews up from 80% (medium to heavy switch) if I decide to use the T57 though.

There is nothing wrong with the M6. The 90mm is a great gun for its tier, and the tank is a good mix of speed/armor. Angle the tank and it'll eat quite alot of shells. It also has good gun depression, although higher tier tanks or gold can pen the turret. Its a great tier 6 money maker though if you don't have a premium tank.

Ok a different subject. Well I streamed most of the weekend, got up to 84 viewers and added another 20+ followers. I guess it helped that one of the more active streamers got banned over the weekend for TKing. The best part is some guy called me a stat padder for my 1100 games in my T34. Get this, he said "its always top tier". Its just funny that out of all the tanks I have that could be looked at as stat padders, he picks that one.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
The best part is some guy called me a stat padder for my 1100 games in my T34. Get this, he said "its always top tier". Its just funny that out of all the tanks I have that could be looked at as stat padders, he picks that one.

Got one better, somebody tried to tell me that my Lorraine was over powered. Takes all kinds.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I was doped up on Claritin + Benadryl Saturday with a gin + ginger ale mixed in. I hate allergies! I guess we played 14 games and went 12-2. Most of those were in the VK3601H using the konisch. That gun is funny but not quite as funny as the M4 derp. Looking forward to the Indien panzer.

And the idiots were out in force as usual. Luckily it appears my teams were not as full of them as the oppositions. Winner was a TOG II with a 39% win rate after 6500 games. And he lived up to his win rate.

Unoid

Dec 20, 2012
how is WoT now compared to a year ago in beta? I haven't played since then.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
how is WoT now compared to a year ago in beta? I haven't played since then.

Lower tiers are fun. I'm taking a break now though since I like the higher tier tanks and it's just a game of avoiding arty the whole time. I'm enjoying War Thunder more.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
There is nothing wrong with the M6. The 90mm is a great gun for its tier, and the tank is a good mix of speed/armor. Angle the tank and it'll eat quite alot of shells. It also has good gun depression, although higher tier tanks or gold can pen the turret. Its a great tier 6 money maker though if you don't have a premium tank.

My biggest problem with the M6 is that it's nothing special.

It's HUGE, and for something so big it has a pitiful amount of armor. (only 100mm at the thickest parts in the front) The thing's turret will get penned by any amount of tier 6 and 7 guns and for goodness sake you can't hide it either. It's a bully when its top tier vs tier 4s and 5s, but it's just not that good in comparison to the other tier 6s. Of all the tier 6s, the m6 has the least priority because its so easy to take it down. KV1s, T150, vk3601, jumbo... there's too many other good tier 6 tanks.

It's not a terrible tank and its not a bad grind, but it's not something I'd linger in when the T-29 is borderline OP. It does have a great gun and its a good rammer because of its weight and speed combo though. Not to mention for stag3's purposes, the M6 has a weird assortment of crew (2 gunners???) that doesn't really complement other types of tanks.

short story: If you're training a crew, use the T29 instead. Why are you training 2 sets anyways? One for autoloader line and one for T110E5 line?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i need 2 crews because i will be keeping the tier 9 and tier 10 american heavies.
i've kept all tier 9/10's for russian and german so far and plan to for the rest of the lines.

ok i lied as the french line i plan to ditch the lorraine and amx 50 120 since they are HORRIBLE.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I was doped up on Claritin + Benadryl Saturday with a gin + ginger ale mixed in. I hate allergies! I guess we played 14 games and went 12-2. Most of those were in the VK3601H using the konisch. That gun is funny but not quite as funny as the M4 derp. Looking forward to the Indien panzer.

And the idiots were out in force as usual. Luckily it appears my teams were not as full of them as the oppositions. Winner was a TOG II with a 39% win rate after 6500 games. And he lived up to his win rate.

I maxed my USA and German Tiers on my original account and started over with a new.. of all the tanks I played I still love that VK3601H. I think i got it just as my skill and playing style was starting to gel.. but i owned in that thing.. Sure it was a combo of some luck too (pubs can be brutal on you with wrong team, no matter how good you are). I am 1 tank from it again.. Not sure why but I cant wait..I know there are better tanks.. but that one just worked for me.. hope it will again.. and I hope i can find a way to not suck with fast tanks.. not a great player by any stretch but average 54-55% win.. but in those fast tanks (french EMX come to mind) my win rate is like 40%....BAH!)

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
i need 2 crews because i will be keeping the tier 9 and tier 10 american heavies.
i've kept all tier 9/10's for russian and german so far and plan to for the rest of the lines.

ok i lied as the french line i plan to ditch the lorraine and amx 50 120 since they are HORRIBLE.

Fair enough. I don't particularly like the M103 though. The gun's great (subject to random misses), the mobility's decent and the armor's merely acceptable. I just get so much module damage and ammo rack damage that it's annoying. It also has some huge frontal turret weaknesses (not talking about the copula either) that also lead to rack damage.

I don't know, its a hit or miss with this thing. one of arty's favorite targets too because its so squishy.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ah ok, i last played when they were just released and they were a pain to fight in my is-7 and is-4, so i guess they got nerfed a bit? or people know where to attack them from now. perhaps i won't keep the tier 9 then heh.

i'm still grinding the american TD line, about 60k away from the t28 proto.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
What is this!? This morning my tanks on one side have a Wargaming logo and the other an "Intel inside" logo as 'sponsor decals'.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
ah ok, i last played when they were just released and they were a pain to fight in my is-7 and is-4, so i guess they got nerfed a bit? or people know where to attack them from now. perhaps i won't keep the tier 9 then heh.

i'm still grinding the american TD line, about 60k away from the t28 proto.

Don't remember the armor schemes, but the gun was nerfed slightly (ROF).

Also most people know where to shoot the M103 now, its not particularly hard to penetrate the lower glacis. The turret can be bouncy to the uninformed, but the slightest angle will lead to a pen from the front because the sides of the turret seems to be made of toilet paper. I'd say even a 15 degree turn of the turret would make it flat and worthless: I no longer bother shooting the bottom glacis of the M103 if his turret is turned even slightly. I don't even bother shooting the copula: the thing is half miss and half bounce most of the time.

The "cheeks" of the turret is squishy as all hell. I mean it'll bounce tier 7 and some tier 8 guns, but the 88L71 goes through it like butter when I tested it with my friend, and most 122 rounds will go through it. Worst part is the ammo rack is RIGHT behind those squishy cheeks. The giant soft-spots means you can't face hug anything like you could with the T29 and T-32, I've actually racked a few fellow M103s with shots to the face. I get ammo rack damage every other game, and a dead driver almost every game. (he's sitting in the lower glacis)

Don't get me wrong though, it's a powerful tank if you are hulled down at >200m. It's just not a close range tank and even at 200m you'll get random pens on your turret. It's a strange tank to say the least, and when you do good its great. When you do badly you'll hate this stupid tank.