[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 326 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
where do you download mods? like visual etc.. i see people with more information in the hud than the stock info

I compiled my own batch of mods, video will be up in 30 mins here:
http://youtu.be/uPVcK4eFw8A

Besides the obvious J1mb0's sight mod and XVM I use stuff too:

- Make wrecks White
- Sound mod
- Amour/angle indicator
- Mini map addons

And a lot of other stuff I can't remeber of the bat...but boy do I hate patch day....looooot of woark to get all mods updated :s

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
So I went off and downloaded star conflict off steam yesterday. I guess the easy way to describe it is that Eve and WoT procreated and popped out SC. Its another one of those FTP games that'll end up costing you money. The ship progression is alot like WoT and the ship loadouts reminds me alot of Eve. The fighting however is thankfully not like Eve.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
So I went off and downloaded star conflict off steam yesterday. I guess the easy way to describe it is that Eve and WoT procreated and popped out SC. Its another one of those FTP games that'll end up costing you money. The ship progression is alot like WoT and the ship loadouts reminds me alot of Eve. The fighting however is thankfully not like Eve.

Is that why you haven't been on? Anything Eve-like is not for me. I was thoroughly bored playing that game.

Had a great start yesterday solo-pubbing. Then my friend got on and we platooned... and we lost every game.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

looks pretty nice actually. I'm a fan of space simulators, how's the combat and controls with K&B?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Is that why you haven't been on? Anything Eve-like is not for me. I was thoroughly bored playing that game.

Had a great start yesterday solo-pubbing. Then my friend got on and we platooned... and we lost every game.

yeah SC and D3 is why I haven't been on. The flying and fighting is nothing like eve. You actually get to fly your ship and aim like a normal space sim. The ship module selection and stuff is alot like eve though, including different damage types and damage resistances. The flying with the KB and mouse is easy, much easier than a joystick. Since you have to aim, the mouse is much more precise. Its free to d/l off steam and only like 1.5gb in size, so its worth checking out.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Played a bit of the game and the game is easy enough to pick up, though I have no idea how research trees or what the different modules/weapons I should get.

Also can't dodge missiles. :(

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
vk7_2_tumb.jpg

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
It's some sort of tier 10 tank.
It actully looks like the logical succesor of the VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Now it just get weird LOL

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/226431-tier-x-tank-rumors/

Dear All,

Recently, we have heard many rumors about Tier X premium vehicles. It's quite interesting to read players analysis and find out more about possible parameters of these tanks.
I would, however, like to clarify a few things before it will go any further.

These vehicles are not premium tanks and therefore players will not able to purchase them from the in-game store or gift shop. Also, these vehicles cannot be researched and they won't be included in any branch or Tech Tree.

These tanks are made as a part of special high-level content, on which we are currently working. They will be comparable with other Tier X tanks of their types.
Unfortunately, we cannot share any more details. Please, wait for an official announcement. Thank you!

Special 'hello' to conspiracy theories fans!

R4CrLtI.jpg

JcaGlVW.jpg

pv06won.jpg

LuyvA4o.jpg

postmark

May 17, 2011
I have an invite code from my GTX 650 that I can't use since I already have an account. PM me if you have a friend that wants it to sign up with (gets you 1500 gold)

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
AMEN to that, reward for play time -how can any adult match the play time of the XX aged person who never got a job and never moved out of his mom's basement? let alone match up with the kids who are free in summer or after 3:00 every day..- I want my skill to count, not my hours put in. Not to mention the gang mentality, we are bigger we can kick you around thing, this is not good game design.. l

wont talk about the long boring plinking away at asteroids..

M0rphz0r

Jan 3, 2012
AMEN to that, reward for play time -how can any adult match the play time of the XX aged person who never got a job and never moved out of his mom's basement?

Actually, EVE is better than most MMOs in this regard, since your skills keep training even when you're offline.

Also, bonus points for managing to use several incredibly tired clichés about gamers in one post, without blinking an eye...

Now back to WoT. :biggrin:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Actually, EVE is better than most MMOs in this regard, since your skills keep training even when you're offline.

Which suggests to me that new players are at a pretty good disadvantage, probably, when people have had that going for years.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Man I thought yesterday sucked, but now that I look, still ended up with a 63% w/r. Its a shame star conflict is eating into my tank time it looks like. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend, especially since the weekend specials aren't all that great except the 50% credit income to the vk.

As for star conflict, everyone forget I even mentioned Eve.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I played star conflict for a few battles yesterday, thought I did pretty well even for games where we lost. The game is interesting and the controls are pretty fluid, but I'd need more time with it to see how much of my time it's worth.

Hopped on a few games with my friend yesterday and dominated in the T-71 as usual. That little tank is such a beast, probably my favorite autoloader even compared to the pre-nerf 13-75 and 13-90. The reload time is "just" right and the APCR rounds are so fast. I also found out that the stock tiger 2 turret can't bounce any of those rounds at all no matter how he angles it. :D

And my stock of heat rounds ran out in my T-54 yesterday... suddenly got hit with a -20k bill on a win, ouch. :p

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004

Also, bonus points for managing to use several incredibly tired clichés about gamers in one post, without blinking an eye...

Now back to WoT. :biggrin:

I do admit it was very Cliche but we are in forums where any originality is completely misunderstood its not worth doing. Go with what the people know when trying to make a point. One reason for stereo types.. often they can be true, often not.. but the reason it was made is somebody saw it once..

guess i could use the old "baffle um with bulls!t if you cant dazzle um with brilliance"

If Eve is your thing, no worries.. my thoughts on it are part Opinion (boring grind) and part fact.. it does reward playtime.. just my thoughts..

WOT excels as SKILL far outweighs played time.. of course practice makes perfect.. but this game, two maxed out TIER 5 tanks.. no lag, no perks. even steven.. better player wins (yes there is some random number crunching that fook somebody (crits, etc..) EVE is about who has the most friends in a fight.. didn't we all do that in High school and grade school?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i gave up and used some free xp to get out of the m3 lee, and the t1 blows as well hahaha oh well.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The Lee wasn't bad, actually. It was nimble and the top gun is accurate and punchy. the match making sucks, but you just have to play it like a french tank destroyer: big and bulky and packs a punch.

When its top tier its actually a fairly formidable tank.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
i gave up and used some free xp to get out of the m3 lee, and the t1 blows as well hahaha oh well.

The M3 Lee is a fantastic little tank. The T1 Heavy has great troll armor. 0% crits galore on its all encompassing tracks. The problem with the T1 right now is the problem with most tier 5's. They have to face premium derpy m4/pz4s.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
T1 tracks will absorb nuclear missiles when you angle them. They were infamous for absorbing S-51 shots before they "fixed' the HE rounds.

But T1 is not scary anymore thanks to derp HEAT rounds. The troll armor is actually difficult to penetrate even to great guns like the 85mm on the KV or the 57mm on the T-34 series.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If you go back far enough in this thread you'll find enough complaints about how bad the Lee tank sucks. Today things may be better though for the Lee. The game has changed how some tanks perform over its life since release. I do know this much. I love to kill Lee tanks with whatever tank I'm playing in the battle. IMO they are not that good but good for making kills and credits when using another tank. They are yummy.