[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 325 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
And people whined over Serene Coast and Dragon Rigde...and WG trolls them right back:
xx2.jpg

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
And more physics in 0.8.6:

Appears to be all graphics crap. I have most of the effects turned off to make seeing enemies clearer and hearing of tank sounds easier (ambiance is off, engines are off, etc). It is amazing what you can hear and see when the effects are off.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Appears to be all graphics crap. I have most of the effects turned off to make seeing enemies clearer and hearing of tank sounds easier (ambiance is off, engines are off, etc). It is amazing what you can hear and see when the effects are off.

You should try a sound mod then.
Even if I cannot SEE the enemy shooting..I can hear from where the shot is comming pretty accurate with my 7.1 speaker setup.

I can't play with vanilla sounds anymore :s *L**

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
So apparently this is supposed to be a new Lowe? Curious to see how it gets to 43kph when it weighs about 20 tons more than the E75 which can only get to 30kph. My guess it is wont unless going down a hill.

Fun fact: Lowe has a top speed of 35 km/h, can hit 40 going down hills, yet I've never gotten past 30 on flat ground. 43 kph might just be the max speed, doesn't mean you'll get it.

1200 HP though is huge, that amount makes the E75 a super nimble tank. But with 20 more tons on it the power to weight ratio will be worse. And it has a back mounted turret. And its german so it'll have the sides filled with ammo rack and a frontal suspension for more great fires and blow ups.

And I think they mentioned some physics change is to make tanks wobble less. Right now if you go over a small ridge your tank acts like a see-saw and you can't aim for shit.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
where do you download mods? like visual etc.. i see people with more information in the hud than the stock info

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Fun fact: Lowe has a top speed of 35 km/h, can hit 40 going down hills, yet I've never gotten past 30 on flat ground. 43 kph might just be the max speed, doesn't mean you'll get it.

1200 HP though is huge, that amount makes the E75 a super nimble tank. But with 20 more tons on it the power to weight ratio will be worse. And it has a back mounted turret. And its german so it'll have the sides filled with ammo rack and a frontal suspension for more great fires and blow ups.

And I think they mentioned some physics change is to make tanks wobble less. Right now if you go over a small ridge your tank acts like a see-saw and you can't aim for shit.

That is what I suspect as well. It may have a top speed but wont reach it unless going down a hill. I rarely ever hit the top speed on an E50 anymore either unless going down a hill.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Power to weight ratio is what limits the "speed" of tanks in WOT. Tanks with poor PTW (see Lowe, the old KV3, etc) will have a very hard time accelerating fast enough to reach their speed limit. The different terrain also have different passability values, which limits the acceleration and bleeds off speed differently. Try accelerating in water, its nearly impossible.

Powerful vehicles (E-75, Tiger series) have great power to weight ratio and are limited by a hard speed cap which is some sort of internal limit for each tank. Example: even if you go down hill you'll still never break 50 km in a Lowe so long as your tracks are on the floor.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
American TDs... I hated the T25/2. I sold it as soon as I researched the T28 Proto. Couldn't buy gold shells with credits back then. I'm sure they would make a difference but if you exclude that the tank basically sucks IMO.

The T30 was badly plagued with ghost shots. You know, those shots where you have no idea where it went or if it even went out the barrel. I once missed a tank at 110m on a city street. Zoomed in it was like point blank range. Aimed low between treads on a Jpanzer TD. The guy asked me how did I miss him being so close. Ghost shot, I replied. It sucks badly. Expect 40%-50% of your shots to be ghost shots in this tank.

T28 Proto is a nice TD. Main problem is that its slow. Get that last gun though and it puts a hurting on people. Mainly its a stay near base type of tank due to its slow speed. My biggest worry in it is when arty is in play. Getting flanked by faster tanks is a problem too if you get caught alone.

T28 - The fixed gun TD version. Somewhat faster than the T28 Proto but only by a small amount. Last gun the exact same as the T28 Proto but like the T30 plagued by ghost shots. Its funny how the T28 Proto doesn't have the problem but the T28 does. Same exact gun. WTF WG? Explain that to me! Also extremely easy to get out flanked by most other tanks way worse than the T28 Proto.

T110E4 - Nice big tank. Turret doesn't turn 360 which can be a problem. Nice big nasty damaging gun on it. Get caught alone and you are in trouble. Biggest problem is that you are a arty magnet. I don't play it as much as I would like. It doesn't have a chance with so many arty at the T10 level. Which is true of most heavy and/or slow tanks. This tank in a city or town is bad ass.

T69 - I'm struggling in the T69. Most people know you only have four shots and they count them then rush you and then the T69 is dead with no chance unless you are around a lot of friendlies. I'm debating whether to continue on or not. If the T71 is the last American six shooter then I see no reason to go beyond that personally. I may switch to stealth/sniper set up. Drop the GLD and Vertical Stab. and slap on Camo net and Binocs and try that. It couldn't be any worse than how it is currently I'm thinking. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006
T69 - I'm struggling in the T69. Most people know you only have four shots and they count them then rush you and then the T69 is dead with no chance unless you are around a lot of friendlies. I'm debating whether to continue on or not. If the T71 is the last American six shooter then I see no reason to go beyond that personally. I may switch to stealth/sniper set up. Drop the GLD and Vertical Stab. and slap on Camo net and Binocs and try that. It couldn't be any worse than how it is currently I'm thinking. Not sure what I'm going to do.

You might want to give it a second chance. It's a great tank that can, with one volley, change the tide of battle early on. it's one of those tanks that is really fun to play and almost OP. My average damage output is about 2.3K after about 44 games @ 80% w/r (mostly solo) - it'll probably plummet to normal levels but it's going strong so far.

I'm running vents, GLD and rammer. I don't think you want to go camo/binocs route as this is a very niche tank where you want to specialize in the strengths of the tank. and camo/binocs isn't probably best suited. Also, you want to run HEAT all time. HEAT is really what makes this tank.

GLD is a must because one missed shot could be devastating. I typically don't fire on the move. I will come to a stop to fire. So, it's always a balance between aim time to fire and the need to move out of harm's way before they can return fire. And so, GLD takes that spot ranther than vert stab. this is one of the few meds that i have replaced vert stab for GLD. And of course, the rammer takes the other spot because faster reload means more damage output.

I mainly use hit and run tactics. I try to avoid frontal engagements. I'm always on the move or in good positions that allow me to fire and yet avoid return fire. I let the heavies hold the line while I roam around the map looking for openings - and I do my best to make sure my gun is in play all the time. It's a very fragile tank and you do not want to be trading shots unless it's a calculated move. So, if an enemy is counting your shots, you're probably in the wrong spot. you have to always be dictating the terms of engagement, and the tank is fast enough with good gun depression to allow that.

The tank also has ample HP. It's enough to let you use that HP for calculated risks. Do you take out that one tank that's holding up our heavies? Is it worth taking one shot? Unlike the T71, which is a 2-shot i'm dead tank, the T69 can survive through some beating.

Target prioritization. Because it's a drum reload, you have much more options when prioritizing who to shoot. I typically try to unload on one target early in the game. After that, I focus on taking out guns as quick as possible. The fact is, your choice of target will often have huge impacts on the game.

So in summary make sure: you're mobile and not bogged down into one front, you are at the forefront but NOT the frontline, your gun should be busy the entire game, you should not be trading shots, you should be running HEAT, and you should see yourself as a ninja tank!

hope that helps

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

if you turn off engines, you can't hear the enemy tanks approaching no? or am i missing something

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
Just in case you guys are using XVM and don't use the launcher and/or never check the website newsfeed:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2152-take-survey-chance-win-10000-gold/

If you are a NA player, you can do the quick survey for a chance to earn 10K gold.

It really was pretty quick, too, and there were two freeform fields (without apparent character limits) for comments; one for how to improve the game and one for general comments.

Perhaps some of the books we've written on various gripes and concerns in here could end up in there, and maybe they'll actually listen...

I filled it out, and dropped about five paragraphs worth of comments and suggestions. I thought it couldn't hurt.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Just in case you guys are using XVM and don't use the launcher and/or never check the website newsfeed:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2152-take-survey-chance-win-10000-gold/

If you are a NA player, you can do the quick survey for a chance to earn 10K gold.

It really was pretty quick, too, and there were two freeform fields (without apparent character limits) for comments; one for how to improve the game and one for general comments.

Perhaps some of the books we've written on various gripes and concerns in here could end up in there, and maybe they'll actually listen...

I filled it out, and dropped about five paragraphs worth of comments and suggestions. I thought it couldn't hurt.

I don't like surveys that ask personal questions and make them mandatory, so I did not fill it out.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I don't like surveys that ask personal questions and make them mandatory, so I did not fill it out.
And then you read their policy...

Generally, the information that you disclose on our website is collected by WN or by third parties such as co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. WN’s use of any such information will be governed by this Policy. The names of third parties such as co-sponsors (other than vendors hired by WN to conduct, administer, and execute a promotion on behalf of WN) will be disclosed to you when you are asked to sign up for the promotion.

We generally do not sell or trade any personal information about our customers, prospects, or visitors to any third parties. We may share, however, aggregated demographic information with our business partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.

Without your consent we are entitled to share the information stipulated in clause 2 “Collecting Personal Information” with third companies that perform services, such as email delivery, hosting and payment processing, for the purpose of duly providing you with products and services of the Website and the Game that you request from us. However, these companies will generally only be entitled to use received information in order to provide the services of the Website and the Game that you request from us.

Finally, in the event WN combines with another company in the future through a corporate merger, sale, acquisition, liquidation or other similar process, your personal information may be transferred with the business or a part of it, or may be sold as an asset of the business.
No thanks. Too freaking broad and I hate the term "generally" used everywhere.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
if you turn off engines, you can't hear the enemy tanks approaching no? or am i missing something

But I can hear the crackle of fences break, trees falling, etc with ease. I can also hear the report of guns, the near misses, and the smack of arty rounds with ease.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
where do you download mods? like visual etc.. i see people with more information in the hud than the stock info

I have my mod pack posted up on my twitch page (www.twitch.tv/ashakar). I also have a link to xvm, which you'll need for everything to work properly. You can take a look at any of the videos to see what it all looks like. I didn't create any of the mods, it just a collection of all the ones that I use.

If this is your first time using XVM, you'll need to also install the dolkien library. Just google it, its just a small file that xvm needs to run.

I find it quite funny that you people won't fill out a silly survey b/c it asks what city you live in and how much money you make (with like 25k range brackets). The company already has your email, name, address, CC number and that shit if you've ever paid for anything. Also its a survery, just lie if you feel you must. But hell, what do I care, the more of you who don't fill it out the better my chances of winning some free gold.

As for the E75, the tank was never built, so I'm sure they just picked the max speed for "balance" reasons. Although I do believe they have drawings and stuff, which in that case they could have limited the speed based off the transmission gearing.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I use XVM, J1mbo's crosshair (for the reload count) and that's about it. The rest are an assorted set of skins that I think look cool that have no real function.

I got some tank remodeling skins that make the T-59 look like it has reactive armor, its awesome. :D

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I have my mod pack posted up on my twitch page (www.twitch.tv/ashakar). I also have a link to xvm, which you'll need for everything to work properly. You can take a look at any of the videos to see what it all looks like. I didn't create any of the mods, it just a collection of all the ones that I use.

If this is your first time using XVM, you'll need to also install the dolkien library. Just google it, its just a small file that xvm needs to run.

I find it quite funny that you people won't fill out a silly survey b/c it asks what city you live in and how much money you make (with like 25k range brackets). The company already has your email, name, address, CC number and that shit if you've ever paid for anything. Also its a survery, just lie if you feel you must. But hell, what do I care, the more of you who don't fill it out the better my chances of winning some free gold.

As for the E75, the tank was never built, so I'm sure they just picked the max speed for "balance" reasons. Although I do believe they have drawings and stuff, which in that case they could have limited the speed based off the transmission gearing.

I find it silly for you to be so narrow-minded that you have to insult people who value privacy more than you (and I do not lie), but yes, it means more gold for you.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999

I do business with WoT, I do not do business with survey people. They are not the same entity and the survey site specifically said what they generally do and what they generally don't do. At least they were honest with the last bit (about being bought out), many sites do not include that but it is the way of all things.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Does the NA server have a major influx of terribaf players in high tier too...I thinks it has gotten way worse on the EU server over the last month?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
they've been here for a while. every other tier 10 is a 45% botter that botted their way to a tier 10 to play with the "best tanks".

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
they've been here for a while. every other tier 10 is a 45% botter that botted their way to a tier 10 to play with the "best tanks".

IF WG don't get more serious about banning botters.....they will kill the game...

Ranked MM...where are thou?!