[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 324 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I too hated the T25/2. Surprisingly it made me play much more carefully and I have a great record with that tank. This was before credit premium rounds were available as well... the 2nd turret and the good gun makes the tank bearable. The T110E4 is still a nice tank but I've given up on that route as I don't feel like playing Tier 10s until they "fix" arty, and the T30 is not enticing enough for me to grind through the T28 prot.

I'd finish grinding the lorraine for the batchat if you can bear it. Batchat is probably the best tier 10 in the game right now.

I'm working through the american autoloader lines and the T-54 right now. Debating whether to buy the black prince or not though... I hated the churchfail7 and I shudder to think about how bad the black prince could be.

yea i have no problem with the lorraine, it's a pretty large target, and slow, but for some reason it IS pretty fun. so the grind for the batchat won't be bad as the end goal is awesome since everyone keeps telling me the batchat is the best tier X med. i'm over 100k xp already so i grinded 1/2 way before i quit playing before :)

the tier 9 french heavy tho ugh...i can't stand it so far, it's so slow. and 63k ish or so seems so far off for the better gun (i have the top tracks and engine already), i'm barely at 12k or so :(

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
also i'm not sure if i should be going for the russian t62 or the e50m first... thoughts?
i'm leaning towards the t62 as i loved the t54 and prefer that style over the sniper mode the e50 lends itself to.

is the grind for the tier X TD russian worth it? 300k xp is just stupid. i enjoy the obj 704 so besides worse gun traverse, what does the X give me?

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
also i'm not sure if i should be going for the russian t62 or the e50m first... thoughts?
i'm leaning towards the t62 as i loved the t54 and prefer that style over the sniper mode the e50 lends itself to.

is the grind for the tier X TD russian worth it? 300k xp is just stupid. i enjoy the obj 704 so besides worse gun traverse, what does the X give me?

Depends. The E50M is a more well balanced tank and plays great if you want to solo pub. However, it doesn't do anything particularly well. The T62A, however, has ferocious DPM that, in the hands of a skilled player, makes it a great Clan Wars tank. It is the premiere clan wars medium, followed by the BatChat. The Patton is rarely used in CWs and only where there's an absolute premium on view range. I have never seen the British, Chinese or German medium used in CW.

So if you are primarily a pub player and maybe platoon once in a while, then the E50M is your best choice. If you platoon frequently, play CW or play tournaments, the T62A is where you want to go.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ah ok, i plan to play cw and get into a clan so the t62 is probably better for me then. mainly up until now i've just pubbed it for the most part.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
batchat and t62A are both clan war staples, with the batchat in more of a scouting role. You seem to be well on your way to both, so you'd probably be set. Either way tier 8s are more fun than tier 10 right now because of the 4-5x arty games.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
You're pretty good in your E100. At least it goes slow enough where you can't get yourself into too much trouble early on (cough, lorraine, cough). Also epic win on Abby the other day, I really though we had lost that.

I have the E100 unlocked, but have never bought it. I might change my mind. I guess once they nerf the tier 5 derps my 4 skilled PzIV crew will need a new home, so an E100 wouldn't be a bad place for them to end up.

Heavies are for me, and the E100 is not even that slow. Just solopubbed 3 games in it and won all 3. Last one was against some enjoy players including one in the 215b (tank, not td). I was on the 1 line in abbey. I took 25 hits for 7500 damage potential and lived. Dished out 3500 damage too.

Why the hell did I ever sell this thing?

[edit]Found a screenshot of somebodies EPIC game http://i.imgur.com/CYA03Ud.jpg Granted, only tier 10, mostly all 8's but still... glorious.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
when do you guys play? i'd love to platoon up and own
i have a maus, e100, is7, is4 as far as tier X's go
obj 268 arty
and e50,t54, obj 704, lorraine, e75, is8 as far as tier IX's
have t50/2, kv2 with derp, kv3, kv4, type 59

currently grinding: m3 lee (pos)
t25/2
british tier 4 med
tier 9 french heavy (pos)

Last edited:

Mannymal

Mar 24, 2010
So how's this game holding up? I played it a lot during beta, and am wondering if its worth plunking $40 into gold credits.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
So how's this game holding up? I played it a lot during beta, and am wondering if its worth plunking $40 into gold credits.

I would try it before you pump money into it. The power creep is coming on strong lately..when the game first came out they said "Nothing past 1960" and now they are into mid 1960's with the chinese and brit vehicles that were just released. Rumors flying that the M60 Patton will be released soon and their are shots of the Leopard 1 out there for the Germans.

They honestly might as well release more tiers and modern vehicles, with estimations on armor values, because it is slowly heading that direction.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
when do you guys play? i'd love to platoon up and own
i have a maus, e100, is7, is4 as far as tier X's go
obj 268 arty
and e50,t54, obj 704, lorraine, e75, is8 as far as tier IX's
have t50/2, kv2 with derp, kv3, kv4, type 59

currently grinding: m3 lee (pos)
t25/2
british tier 4 med
tier 9 french heavy (pos)

I don't play tier 10s anymore, the arty parties are ridiculous. Have T110E5 and E100 researched, and IS-4 sitting in the garage that will likely be scrap metal soon.

I only play 3 tanks as of late for soloing: T71, T-54 and M4 to derp around. You would probably only find me on the weekends, I don't tend to log in much during the week nights anymore unless I'm platooning with a friend. Too many morons unless you're playing at odd hours and I'm sick of carrying the team.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
does the engine support more than 1 cpu yet?

Negative, still a single threaded game. It's not too bad other than when smoke/dust is being rendered.

They added SLI support though for whatever stupid reason. I play this game completely maxed at 2560x1440 on a 7970 and have no issues.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

if you had fun back then, sure. i've probably spent a good 200+ dollars buying gold for premium back in the day and plan to again. i keep coming back to this game. but then again i enjoy tanks in general.

world of warplanes on the other hand, blows chunks

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
5.png

3.png

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
if you had fun back then, sure. i've probably spent a good 200+ dollars buying gold for premium back in the day and plan to again. i keep coming back to this game. but then again i enjoy tanks in general.

world of warplanes on the other hand, blows chunks

If you dont like World of Warplanes, try war thunder. It is what World of Warplanes should had been.

I am playing WoT and Warthunder. Though Warthunder is getting more of my time right now.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
And more physics in 0.8.6:

Here ya go.

Overlord talks says : 8.6 can be more than that :) Don't wanna spoil right now (major feature is on the way).

Im telling you guys, it's implementation of HAVOK and it rocks :D that and probably independent suspension simulation as IRL. Both confirmed by SerB.

ReplyDelete
RepliesOverlordMarch 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Yes, havoc is cool. Kinda forgot about it. :)

unclear whether the client-side physics (Havok) will enter all at once or one effect at a time (independent suspension, turrets flying off etc.)

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
So apparently this is supposed to be a new Lowe? Curious to see how it gets to 43kph when it weighs about 20 tons more than the E75 which can only get to 30kph. My guess it is wont unless going down a hill.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Wonder if they'll do something with PhysX in this game. I'd hope they would do something about the single threaded engine first.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
So apparently this is supposed to be a new Lowe? Curious to see how it gets to 43kph when it weighs about 20 tons more than the E75 which can only get to 30kph. My guess it is wont unless going down a hill.

Weight affects accelleration, not top speed in WoT.