[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 319 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I have a new love for the E100 now. I have the 150mm gun and it changes everything. It makes this tank really deadly if someone gets careless. Using the armor properly is a nice challenge, I've taken to side scraping as much as possible and the results are amazing. It side scrapes better than the IS4 does in my opinion. Having a blast with it other than when it's an arty-party. Then I just hide and try to pick off anyone getting close to our arty.

Have you tried playing the E-100 as an E-75 angling wise...they share the same sloped front?

Still need a couple of millions to get the E-100, my brothers lured me into buying some tanks....3 modules on each costs :S *L*

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Have you tried playing the E-100 as an E-75 angling wise...they share the same sloped front?

Still need a couple of millions to get the E-100, my brothers lured me into buying some tanks....3 modules on each costs :S *L*

Yeah, angling frontally is good along with keeping the turret angled. I've had some hell though with even extreme angles being penetrated by some of these high pen guns. I'm sure they're shooting me with gold ammo, though the T110E5's gold rounds I can still deflect with good angling.

I like the side scraping in order to troll the other tank into firing at me and wasting his shot. At most he tracks me, that side skirt is pretty amazing at absorbing all sorts of damage.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, angling frontally is good along with keeping the turret angled. I've had some hell though with even extreme angles being penetrated by some of these high pen guns. I'm sure they're shooting me with gold ammo, though the T110E5's gold rounds I can still deflect with good angling.

I like the side scraping in order to troll the other tank into firing at me and wasting his shot. At most he tracks me, that side skirt is pretty amazing at absorbing all sorts of damage.

I sidescrape a lot in my Maus too...but it's very good angled in a diamondshape toobut looking forward to the E-100's gun..and +10km/h over the Maus.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
For pubbing, would the E100 be better than the T110E5?

I hate playing tier 10s because of the arty fest, but suppose I were to pick a tier 10 heavy/TD, which one would be the best?

Leaning towards the 110E5, but E100 with gold rounds is truly trolltastic. And it's a sidescraping king that can ram stuff into oblivion very easily. Pubbies don't seem to know where to shoot it, but downside is it's a huge target for arty (which you're likely to have 4-5 of in a tier X game). On the other hand, the T110E5 has a scary rate of fire for a heavy and the armor is so strangely bouncy. I'd probably pick up a T57 instead but I am nowhere close to that.

I know the T110E5 is better for clan wars but I have no intention of joining a clan.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I think it probably depends on the map. Open maps where arty can hit a slow big target? I'd go with the E5. City maps with the derp? I think E100.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I'm working on the T57 Heavy, I really liked it on the test server so I want to go that route. That's a pretty great tier 10 heavy if you know how to play autoloaders.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
I like playing the TD's best. Back in closed beta I maxed out the russian and german td lines. Since coming back last december I've been grinding my T18, SU100 & SU85 and I have enough credits and free experience to get back into the ISU152 maxed out with the bl10, but after seeing the British td line I think I'm going to run up that line instead.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Funny, in game you're the same old Lonbjerg that you are on here. Hint, whining in pub matches is actually pretty useless, playing alone in pub means you're ok with horrible teams ;)

In other news, I love my 3601 too! 3000 Konisch rounds in storage, ready for destruction.
It's not whining ;)
It's "motivation".
Some players need to be DRAGGED to victory.

Going to up some low tier fun in a moment, just need to FRAPS it...re-encode it to WMV or else audio has sync issues.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I yell at teammates quite often. Some morons just don't move unless you tell them to. Something like "Hey, I killed all the big bad tanks for you, its safe for you to move up now" is also encouraging to the 47% bad camping in the back with his IS7.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I yell at idiot players on my team about once a day. Last night a group of morons decided valley on lakeville was a good idea. I pleaded with them no. A 9 pack of them go down valley. A 9 pack of them die in fires without inflicting a single death. I had to let them know what a bunch of idiots they were. How they didnt manage to kill a single enemy makes me weep at the level of stupid this game can deliver.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I hate watching the post battle score and it shows hat 3-4 players carried the match while half your team did zero damage...

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I rage-sold my AT 2. I don't know what happened to T5 battles...but they've become absolutely horrible.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I yell at idiot players on my team about once a day. Last night a group of morons decided valley on lakeville was a good idea. I pleaded with them no. A 9 pack of them go down valley. A 9 pack of them die in fires without inflicting a single death. I had to let them know what a bunch of idiots they were. How they didnt manage to kill a single enemy makes me weep at the level of stupid this game can deliver.

easy!

1) Go down valley
2) 1 tank peek over hill
3) gets butchered
4) everybody shrinks back in horror
5) repeat 2-4 until no tanks left.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Ya'll have to remember, you must first overcome your own team before you can have a chance of defeating the enemy team. The red hurts my eyes so much, I think I need to make it a different color in xvm

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
easy!

1) Go down valley
2) 1 tank peek over hill
3) gets butchered
4) everybody shrinks back in horror
5) repeat 2-4 until no tanks left.

Ha if that were the case. We came from the south spawn and they were nearly wiped before we even made it to the church in the city. They actually rushed and got crushed hard. They were all dead within 120 seconds of the match start.