[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 247 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mclee025

Apr 9, 2012
Man this t14 kicks ass! Like it a lot more than the church. T14 wolf pack = awesome
Can you share your thoughts about the T14? I got one with the lastest gold packages and I find it to be a lot of fun too. It's a nice consistent money maker. I had a day where I was a major fail on my trusty KV-2 in making decent credits -- it was a dry streak -- so I changed to this and it seemed to be more reliable for me and I've been using it ever since. Matchmaker is nice to the T14. So far for its tier level only the KV-1 and T1 seems to be hard to penetrate with its gun even from the sides. Any tips on handling those?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Lulz, I didn't even pay attention to the second half of the sentence.

I'm starting to think I need to find a clan to run with. Endless pub battles is getting frustrated, not to mention hurting my win rate (down to 51%). Although, the "efficiency calculator" still claims I'm in the top 3% of players...

What tanks do you have? My clan is always looking for good players. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you some more info :)

Also, the efficiency rating weighs cap pts pretty high, so it can get inflated pretty easily. But if you have like 1600 or 1800, you pretty much have to be solid.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
You can change usernames? I didn't know they'd added the option.

Yeah, you can change usernames, it's been like that since beta. Just email support, put username change in title and in the message body your current and new username, they will change it within 24 hrs.

I assume he's being facetious.

Pretty annoying names if he's not and can change it, have to consider a TK.

A username is enough to provoke you to TK?

Anyway, KV-2 has become my favorite tank. Crew is almost done with 1st skill training for repair, I guess the 20 ~sec 152 reload will drop a little further once the crew completes BIA. Province appears to have been pulled from rotation, still think this game should offer map selection.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
What tanks do you have? My clan is always looking for good players. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you some more info :)

Also, the efficiency rating weighs cap pts pretty high, so it can get inflated pretty easily. But if you have like 1600 or 1800, you pretty much have to be solid.

T110 and E-50 are probably the main ones you'd be interested in. I have both unlocked but haven't done enough grinding to buy them yet. :\

Other than that, M103, Tiger II, T-34, Type 59, Lowe, various lower tier tanks. Working on the Russian heavy line (KV-1 & 2), US med line (Easy 8), and French light/med line (AMX 13 75).

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The M18 (hellcat) is one of my new favorite tanks. It's speedy, packs a huge punch and has great support capabilities. The turret traverse is pitifully slow (need to watchout for marauding T-50/-2s) but using it as a scout sniper yields pretty good results. Unfortunately it catches on fire or explodes miserably on the first hit, so I'm usually pretty cautious when I play this tank. Very easy to get side shots in on various tanks, and it can serve as a mediocre scout if the situation calls for it. Very easy to hit 72 km/h, and hits 65 on flat ground easily.

The turret can bounce some lower tier guns though, so it can go hull down vs some smaller tanks and come out on top.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Had a memorable game on Lakeville that looked like a loss from the very beginning. Started at the southern base, each side had 3 tier 10's, I was in my T110. Our T95 went mid, vast majority of the team went to city. Me, a T32 and a A20 went towards "valley" to try to cover that choke point. Our city forces got killed extremely fast. They had 2 E75's, a T30 a T25 AT defending valley. When we saw that our city team got owned fast, we decided to push valley because it was only a matter of time until they would either cap or come around to shoot us in the back. Due to inexplicable stupidity of their valley forces, I was able to shoot them and use their dead and alive tanks for cover during reloads. We managed to kill them all, only our T32 got killed because their T30 decided it's better to shoot at T32 and miss the A20 rather than the 100% T110 in front of him. It was 5-13 when me and the A20 reached 100% cap, seconds before IS7's returned to reset the cap.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
The M18 (hellcat) is one of my new favorite tanks. It's speedy, packs a huge punch and has great support capabilities. The turret traverse is pitifully slow (need to watchout for marauding T-50/-2s) but using it as a scout sniper yields pretty good results. Unfortunately it catches on fire or explodes miserably on the first hit, so I'm usually pretty cautious when I play this tank. Very easy to get side shots in on various tanks, and it can serve as a mediocre scout if the situation calls for it. Very easy to hit 72 km/h, and hits 65 on flat ground easily.

The turret can bounce some lower tier guns though, so it can go hull down vs some smaller tanks and come out on top.

i'm kinda glad i'm past the m18, but the t25/2 is horribleeeeeeeeeeeee

i pretty much noticed almost every game in the m18, engine destroyed/tank set on fire every first shot on it.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
My best game ever in WoT. Beat my previous best of ~2600 xp (10 kills) in Tiger II and ~2690 xp (something crazy like 36 shots hit targets) in Tiger H:

7hlpp.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3XOqw0DA_A

Very nice. Rough start then bringing the pain to 12 of the enemy team lol...

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
My SU-152 seems to get credits and xp from nowhere.
Siegfried Line, I forget to switch to AP, fire at an E-100, miss, fire and some Tiger, bounce, BAM some IS-8 one-shots me.
For doing the above *nothing* I got 663xp and 17k credits.

Feb 19, 2009
If you scouted the targets, you get 1/2 the credits/xp that your team-mates get for dealing damage to those targets.

The Russian TD line from tier 6-7 is a horrid grind, terrible gun options..

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
i'm kinda glad i'm past the m18, but the t25/2 is horribleeeeeeeeeeeee

i pretty much noticed almost every game in the m18, engine destroyed/tank set on fire every first shot on it.

I tend to go hull down with the M18 and let its awesome gun depression do the work. This avoids 2 things:

1) engine fire
2) engine damage.

Which is awesome.

And if other tanks look at me, I run away. Let others do the work of spotting, I don't need to be a hero... hell, my accuracy on this tank sucks shit because of the rapid fire machinegun and the weird 90mm. (<80%?!)

I've gotten only 2 engine fires out of the 20-30 games I've played, which is pretty decent I feel.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
If you scouted the targets, you get 1/2 the credits/xp that your team-mates get for dealing damage to those targets.

The Russian TD line from tier 6-7 is a horrid grind, terrible gun options..

Yup, had my best game in a Type 59 because of spotting. I ran up the ramp on Province and spotted for the heavies to snipe the enemy in between the buildings. I got one kill and damaged 2 others. But earned 2176 exp.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Well, you need a good mix of scouting + damage if you want a lot of exp. Types are great for that since they're essentially tier 8 T-54s.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Ugh KV4 is a POS....

I wouldn't mind this thing as much if it didn't lose so much frickin credits every game.

This is what we've got:

- Slow, slower than the lowe for some reason, on paper it should be faster but in game its slower!
- Turret takes an age to turn!
- Rubbish armor, again on paper it looks good, in game its bollocks.
- Costs a lot to repair

The STI better be worth it :\

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I've been playing this a bit recently, just started moving in to tier 4 tanks.
Man the T-28 is godawful. It is scary that the Russians actually used them in battle.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ugh KV4 is a POS....

I wouldn't mind this thing as much if it didn't lose so much frickin credits every game.

This is what we've got:

- Slow, slower than the lowe for some reason, on paper it should be faster but in game its slower!
- Turret takes an age to turn!
- Rubbish armor, again on paper it looks good, in game its bollocks.
- Costs a lot to repair

The STI better be worth it :\

kv-4 is a beast tho armor wise, i'm bouncing tier 9/10's regularly, sure i cant damage them most of the time unless i get a side/rear shot. but i dont have the last 107 unlocked yet.

the upgraded turret sucks, it just adds another weakspot.

im debating on getting the last engine first over the final gun....

mclee025

Apr 9, 2012
Man the T-28 is godawful. It is scary that the Russians actually used them in battle.

Like most tanks the T-28 is bad as a stock tank. I remember the suspension upgrade is a must as the stock suspension is really quirky to use. If I remember right it used to rock a lot when moving and stopping to shoot making aiming very difficult. It also had a tendency to cause the tank to creep forward every time you took a shot quickly causing your tank to move out of cover ... LOL! The suspension upgrade remedies these problems so it's important.

Armor is weak on this tank, so you don't want to be exposed to getting hit much.

On the positive side, the tank is fast and pretty mobile. Also, the top gun, an 80 something, is pretty potent for it's tier and will hurt tier 5 tanks. If you upgrade the tank and play to the tanks strengths, it can be a very decent and playable tank for it's tier. I've read that some good players in the know select the T-28 as their tank of choice when playing at that level.

I used it as a stepping stone to the KV and had some really good battles with it where I used it as a mobile flanker.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have come across a couple KV4s. I sent them to tank heaven pretty easily with my Panther II and E75. They look like the KV-5 without the R2D2 unit. I dont really know much else about them than that. My shots seemed to go through them pretty easy.

I also ran across my first ST-1 last night. It was hard to tell how good of a tank it was as his help melted away and was being gang banged by 6 of us.

/shrug

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

The T-28 IRL was designed as an infantry support tank, based off improvements from earlier designs that was used in WW1. At that time it was pretty much superior to any tanks Finland had. Despite the "weak" armor that the tank has in game, it has well over 5 cm worth of steel plating frontally... a lot of armor for a tank at that time. It'd be like fighting tier 1s and 2s in the T-28.

Use the 85mm, it's a huge gun for its tier and is devastating when it hits. Slow fire rate though. I believe it can also use the 57mm and 76mm? The 57mm is incredible for its tier (it's the gun the T-34 has).

vmarkx3

Sep 19, 2001
Here is a plug for a great WOT clan:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/clans/1000000265-HYPE/

if your looking for a social competitive group that consists of mature and out going players, without being overly serious this is the clan for you.

/end of plug

T110E is awesome tank, it feels like a medium, takes a beating, and punches hard. Guaranteed it will be nerfed next update, much better then anyother tier X heavy right now.

Also surprisingly I am enjoying the T30 much more since it became a Tier 9 TD, just too bad I can't use it in Champion Tank companies.
I had hope for IS4, but the gun depression is horrible limiting its usage, they didnt reduce the driver port view in the front (very weak spot in front armor), and it feels slower now. On the good side, feels like I am bouncing more shots with it.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
The T-28 IRL was designed as an infantry support tank, based off improvements from earlier designs that was used in WW1. At that time it was pretty much superior to any tanks Finland had. Despite the "weak" armor that the tank has in game, it has well over 5 cm worth of steel plating frontally... a lot of armor for a tank at that time. It'd be like fighting tier 1s and 2s in the T-28.

Use the 85mm, it's a huge gun for its tier and is devastating when it hits. Slow fire rate though. I believe it can also use the 57mm and 76mm? The 57mm is incredible for its tier (it's the gun the T-34 has).

That makes more sense.
I had completely forgotten about the Winter War.

Right now I have the first level 57mm gun on it, it's great for sniping arty and lower tier tanks but has a hard time with anything above its tier.