[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 213 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
hmm im gonna go 1st skill as repair across the board still

for TD's i will go camo first

i should wait to choose my other skills until everyone has had a chance to play and test them out hehe

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i went repair/brothers in arms for everything so far
3rd i went firefighting for german tanks, and uniques for everything else

my 704 i went camo/repair/brother in arms

they lowered the amount needed to get the next skill right?
if it stays the same, we will never get anywhere near all the skills lol

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Anyone know what the effective (frontal) armor is for M103 and T110? Both tanks look like their upper glacis is highly sloped with a rather tiny driver's hatch. I'd guess that the T110 is extremely hard to pen anywhere on the upper glacis, and but I don't know how hard the M103 is.

As for the lower glacis, I'd guess that tier7s should punch straight through the M103 since that armor isn't very sloped and is at most 127mm.
But I have no idea about the T110. I'm sure the lower glacis isn't 254mm like the upper, but how thick is it? Is it like the Maus (which is pretty hard to pen w/o a TD gun) or more like an E-100 (ez street)?

M103 has the same vulnerabilities as the T-34 ( except T-34 is less frustrating at tier 8 and being a premium tank now helps a lot) while it was tier 9. I don't know the actual effective values but based on early encounters so far, same tanks that were able to consistently penetrate the T-34 frontal armor will do the same with M103. Basically same crap as before except you have the (free) premium tank now to make you feel better.

7.2 didn't change my "worth playing, not worth paying" opinion but it does allow to grind credits needed for higher tiers.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
M103 has the same vulnerabilities as the T-34 ( except T-34 is less frustrating at tier 8 and being a premium tank now helps a lot) while it was tier 9. I don't know the actual effective values but based on early encounters so far, same tanks that were able to consistently penetrate the T-34 frontal armor will do the same with M103. Basically same crap as before except you have the (free) premium tank now to make you feel better.

7.2 didn't change my "worth playing, not worth paying" opinion but it does allow to grind credits needed for higher tiers.

This thread
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/60447-effective-armor-protection-comparison/
makes me think the M103 is actually harder to pen that the T34. With many tanks that laugh at T34 hull armor, you will now have to aim for the lower glacis of the M103. 203mm effective means it can bounce KT's 105 or BL9 with angling.

I'm still wondering what the deal with the T110 is. I'd guess that the lower glacis will be fair game for any tier10 gun and maybe fair game for some tier9 guns. But I guess I'll have to try it or wait for whining on the forums, lol.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
The Hellcat is fun, that 90mm gun is just insane. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Those American heavies are tiny, though the 110 has a stupid big cupola. So easy to shoot.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
So I have been ammo racked twice in 2500 games. 2 games tonight in a row ammo racked in my IS3 hmm..

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
So I have been ammo racked twice in 2500 games. 2 games tonight in a row ammo racked in my IS3 hmm..

I get ammo-racked all the damn time in my Panther. FUUUUUUUUUUU. One moment of weakness where I show mr. ammo rack and WHAM, tank explodes from full health. I can kind of live with the shit-awful armor but fucking hell the ammo rackability is ridiculous.

Another "glorious" ammo rack I suffered was in my T-43. I got 1-shotted by a VK1602. A tier 5 LIGHT. Ammo. Racked. Me. In a T-43! To add insult to injury, he was using the derp and I was facing him literally head on.

Fucking bullshit.

Mar 10, 2005

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ended the night well.

Victory!
Battle: Province Friday, March 30, 2012 11:24:00 PM
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 4,110 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 119,314
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker

3 Kills

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
hmm im gonna go 1st skill as repair across the board still

for TD's i will go camo first

i should wait to choose my other skills until everyone has had a chance to play and test them out hehe

Reconsider camo on TD's with low camo.

It seems like a good idea - camo is the main priority - but when a TD has low camo, the bonus is trivial - it might be, say, 2 yards is my impression.

Much more useful is repair, because TD's are crippled by tracking, and you want the tracks fixed fast.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I got the T30 just before the patch with no crew, and it put 4/6 crew members in my new T30 and none in the T110E5.

Seems like a bug - I guess I should have the T110E5 crew.

It also put my T34 equipment off the tank to the depot.

Mar 10, 2005
no mas! no mas!

i just can't do it any more. shitty players playing a shitty game sold by a shitty company. what patch is supposed to make this game not garbage? who makes this game? peggy?

Discover-Card-Peggy-Hold-Music.jpg

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
This thread
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/60447-effective-armor-protection-comparison/
makes me think the M103 is actually harder to pen that the T34. With many tanks that laugh at T34 hull armor, you will now have to aim for the lower glacis of the M103. 203mm effective means it can bounce KT's 105 or BL9 with angling.

I'm still wondering what the deal with the T110 is. I'd guess that the lower glacis will be fair game for any tier10 gun and maybe fair game for some tier9 guns. But I guess I'll have to try it or wait for whining on the forums, lol.

I hope so. Based on my subjective experience (read handful of battles with and encounters against) it doesn't look good for the m103.

My service record shows I broke 9k battles today. I invested time and credits almost equally on the German, Russian and USA tech tree. I can't say much about arty and TD's, haven't explored them past tier 5 yet.

Though I would advise to anyone to explore the Russian tech tree first, if not exclusively. The low profile and angled armor gives them an edge over the German and USA counterparts.

On several occasions, I almost broke the double digit kill count in IS-4. Today, I ran out of ammo after 9 kills, had I carried the full ordinance I would have killed 11. I even told the ferdi and the t-29 that I ran out of ammo, neither wanted to check and they let me cap.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i wonder when the next 50% off modules sale is, i dont want to spend 1.5 million lol

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm pretty damned happy with the new US heavies. The T34 is decent. Hell, it's almost as good as it was at tier 9, and I make 100k per game now. The T110 is ok. I keep getting shitty games in it. The T30 seems about the same as it was before, but now its a TD...odd.

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
i dont care about the russian tech tree... god damn the last slopinmg armor patch made is4 and is7 nearly impossible to kill.... I want the german stuff

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Soviet line is underpowered? LOL... wow if that doesn't really show how biased the developers I don't know what else could.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I got 7 consecutive losses in my new Pershing...I suppose I just don't play mediums well. It has no armor, same basic gun as the T20 but it is much slower. sure it is agile...which doesn't give you much as anything can penetrate and you're a big target.

Basically, it has no obvious strong stats that I can use. Am I wrong? what am I doing wrong anyway?

I sold it for now, I couldn't even make a profit off of it so decided to grind a couple of moneymakers first, by going back to my roots - getting the T49 and the M18 later today.

When I'll be a bit more experienced I'll go back to it. I did well in the T20 but it had much better matchmaking.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I got 7 consecutive losses in my new Pershing...I suppose I just don't play mediums well. It has no armor, same basic gun as the T20 but it is much slower. sure it is agile...which doesn't give you much as anything can penetrate and you're a big target.

Basically, it has no obvious strong stats that I can use. Am I wrong? what am I doing wrong anyway?

I sold it for now, I couldn't even make a profit off of it so decided to grind a couple of moneymakers first, by going back to my roots - getting the T49 and the M18 later today.

When I'll be a bit more experienced I'll go back to it. I did well in the T20 but it had much better matchmaking.

did you at least send crew to barracks/demount modules before you sold it?

Buying new tanks costs the actual price + 1.6 m credits for the 3 modules.
But even the price isn't the highest deterrent for me, it's the new crew and pain of getting them up to speed.

Unless you need the garage slot, selling a tank above tier 5 is generally a bad idea.

I can't say much about the Pershing but IMO, you need >200 battles in a tank to evaluate it properly.

Last edited: