[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 212 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I made a copy of the game directory, because they say all replay files are incompatible with 7.2's new format.

Now sure what I need to do if anything to make sure the old replays point to the old version copied, and that it doens't get updated.

I started a thread on the forum so I'll check that.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
2 questions...
1) Which crew skills will you guys be taking for your light, medium, and heavy tanks? Is repair still king? Or are some new skills so awesome that it's worth perhaps carrying a repair kit around instead?
2) Can anyone comment on how the 20% reduction in HE damage resistance feels? Is HE way more scary now or is it not a big deal? (Fuck HE, godamn I hate that shit.)

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Finally got the IS-3 yesterday and what a brutal awakening it has been. So far the first 10 matches on it have been bad. Considering the grind from the T-28 through IS has been pleasant, this is seems to be where the fun ends. Granted the BL-9 might change things, but I recall bouncing shots on this tank quite a bit and now it seems everyone gets to pen me.

I got 8 days left on premium and I too might take a break. I wanted to get the IS-4 before patch but not at this frustrating pace. Maybe I'll hop in the AMX 40 and work towards that 12t.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
it isn't good until the BL-9
also make sure you're hull down when fighting someone exactly like the is-7 due to the armor changes, do not angle this tank

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Believe me I have. I keep the hull pointing straight to an opposing tank, but then I find myself with 3 holes in the lower glacis, lol.

The IS was a beast for me. Insane win rate, top gun or 4 kills if I was top tank and would damage or take 2 tanks with me on higher level matches.

On a side note, anyone running GLD and vert stab at the same time on a heavy? I have rammer, GLD and vents, but was looking to change it up a bit.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The IS3 comes to life with the BL-9. The armor characteristics seem to be similar to the IS7. Try to keep your nose pointed at the opponent and get into a hull down position.

The BL-9 is just deadly for tier 8. I can penetrate any tank in the right spot with it unlike the long 105 on the Tiger II.

One tactic I have been doing that seems to mess with the enemy is wiggle the nose back and forth just a little while they are aiming. It screws them up while they try to hit a weak spot. Most will shoot and miss or hit a spot that deflects then you can fire back. I do this after I take a shot and we are facing off. I have got IS4s to shed tears doing this. They deflect or miss and I hit their viewport for 20% of their life, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Is-3 SUCKS without the bl-9. It's not an IS-3 without the BL-9, it's an IS that gets tossed into bigger harder matches with a speed bost.

IS-3 = BL9. Free EXP it if you need to.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Didn't they say they will put in some gold arty? Tier 8 or something.

I do believe they said the premium arty would be tier 5. Which is pretty useless in my mind. Arty doesn't start getting good till tier 6.

The IS-3 is probably the best tier 8 heavy. The BL-9 is beast, once you get it, the tank is great. I still have one in my garage that I play with my brothers Lowe. It will unfortunately get tabled for awhile since I'll have my T34. The BL-9 can frontal pen the IS-4 hatch, the E-75 lower glacias (unless he angles it right), and the E-100 lower glacias (POS tier 10 atm). The tank shines in top tiers as most tier 7s and below can't pen you reliably from the front, and when you are ranked lower, you still have the ability to hurt the higher tiers.

Last edited:

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
God I suck balls with the KV. Wtf is this 122 with HE bullshit. 6 rounds per minute????

Also, any comments on slight t50-2 nerf?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Believe me I have. I keep the hull pointing straight to an opposing tank, but then I find myself with 3 holes in the lower glacis, lol.

The IS was a beast for me. Insane win rate, top gun or 4 kills if I was top tank and would damage or take 2 tanks with me on higher level matches.

On a side note, anyone running GLD and vert stab at the same time on a heavy? I have rammer, GLD and vents, but was looking to change it up a bit.

vents , rammer and the one that shrinks the reticle while moving is what i used

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
God I suck balls with the KV. Wtf is this 122 with HE bullshit. 6 rounds per minute????

Also, any comments on slight t50-2 nerf?

6 rounds a minute? I wish my IS-4 fired that fast.

Haven't heard anything about t-50-2 nerf though? Any links?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
6 rounds a minute? I wish my IS-4 fired that fast.

Haven't heard anything about t-50-2 nerf though? Any links?

O_O

based on my playstyle I need at least 24rpm
Т-50-2 top turret front armor reduced from 60 to 45 mm.

goddamnit xp and gold cost increased for t-50-2 too

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I was hoping the new American TD line will be split at the Slugger which can be unlocked by my E8. but no, it is split at the Wolverine, which means I have to play from the very beginning of the tree.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
My best match in the Lowe so far, in one of the new maps:
Victory!
Battle: Province יום*שישי 30 מרץ 2012 22:21:15
Vehicle: Löwe
Experience received: 2,376
Credits received: 148,249
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker, Sniper

I went offensive here - DO NOT play it like El Halouf sniping match! there's a ton of cover and you can roll down at the beginning of a match, working your way up and about. You're too low most of the time for anyone to hit you.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
oh, meh. Negligble nerf. My t-50-2 is constantly scouting stuff that has 150+ pen.

And I don't think any high tier tanks have a rate of fire greater than 12 RPM. Maybe the Panther and Panther 2 with the 75 L100.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
oh, meh. Negligble nerf. My t-50-2 is constantly scouting stuff that has 150+ pen.

And I don't think any high tier tanks have a rate of fire greater than 12 RPM. Maybe the Panther and Panther 2 with the 75 L100.

i just want to pew pew pew.

Like CoD with tanks.

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
I use german vehicles... atm i have a Tiger 1, Panther, Jagtiger, and E-75..

Im thinking selling the panther tho.. its terrible .. way to slow and im going to get the vk3002 back its must better.. altho it doesnt have good gun penetration.. Im keeping the tiger 1 i like it for a tier 7 heavy.. it doesnt have great armor compared to some of the other tier 7 tanks but its agility is really really nice and its got a good gun.. I do however i want my tiger P back... The armor on that beast is amazing.. i have the most steel wall medals on that tank then any other.

I wish they would bring out the sturm panzer 4 (brumbar) and the SturmTiger... i know they plan too and that both tankms are going to be gold tanks but man they are taking forever to bring them out... i dont carea bout french tanks or american TD's

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Anyone know what the effective (frontal) armor is for M103 and T110? Both tanks look like their upper glacis is highly sloped with a rather tiny driver's hatch. I'd guess that the T110 is extremely hard to pen anywhere on the upper glacis, and but I don't know how hard the M103 is.

As for the lower glacis, I'd guess that tier7s should punch straight through the M103 since that armor isn't very sloped and is at most 127mm.
But I have no idea about the T110. I'm sure the lower glacis isn't 254mm like the upper, but how thick is it? Is it like the Maus (which is pretty hard to pen w/o a TD gun) or more like an E-100 (ez street)?

Mar 10, 2005
hmmm....

is-4 moved to t10?
no

new physics teased a year ago to the day?
no

something other than random clusterfucks?
no

french tanks or t-59 balanced with the rest of the game?
no

21st century graphics?
no

matchmaker creating competitive games?
no

alleviating the miserable non-stop grind?
no

vision and other game mechanics even close to reasonable?
no

the biggest change i've seen from this non-patch is going from 3 maps a day to 2.

edit:
ok now i got a 3rd map

i have not received the 1 day of premium for the downtime

Last edited: