[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 211 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The game has become increasingly frustrating over the past few weeks. Lastnight finally did it for me. At the end of my premium I am going to take the summer off.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
did they push back 7.2? i thought it was uber close to release. but someone in-game said it was delayed another month....

i was gonna try really hard to grind the t34, but since i have the t59, i don't need 2 prems as the 59 pours credits for me

They have already done 3 public tests. I think 3 has been the max they have ever done in the past, so they should be very close to releasing it. I would be very surprised if it was another month. If they dont do a 4th public test I could see them pushing live next week.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The game has become increasingly frustrating over the past few weeks. Lastnight finally did it for me. At the end of my premium I am going to take the summer off.

This game can be very frustrating at times. The MM plus bad rolls on the RNG can make for a really bad day. I know I've been screwed by the RNG on multiple occasions. Just last night I was in my IS-3 and I bounced off the front hull of a T34 not once, not twice, but 3 times. Each time I could see the mark, complete bullshit. In that same game I also bounced off the side of another IS3 at less than 15m, again if it would have penned, would have been a kill. After that point I got killed and I raged a little while my brother went on to win the map.

I know I've also made other people rage in my E-75. I've had other encounters with E-75s basically 1v1 and I'll pen them every shot, and they bounce. I've come out of encounters will full life, and I know that has to piss off the other person in a tier 9.

I've also 1 shotted (non-ammo rack) an uncountable number of tanks in my object 212. I got an E-50 in the first min of the game a few days ago with full life. He had just been spotted, I happened to already be aimed in that area (common area for initial contact) and he though he was safe hiding behind a hill. He didn't move and my shell was right on target and penned his top turret. Dead. Got props from my teammates, and I'm sure that guy was pretty pissed.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I'm still having fun, though I'm fairly new to WoT.
The most annoying feature, other than lack of other gameplay modes, is the fact that HE is nigh-useless now.
I played a tiny bit under the "old" HE rules with 1 of my first vehicles - SU-26. It used to rock. Now it hardly does anything. You need the big guns to do anything as arty.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I'm taking time off to play ME3 and other games. ;)

I will probably play a little without a premium account. Most like the KV and Type 59 and Marder II. But it will take a huge backseat. Last night just did it for me. Between the terrible teams, invisible tanks, and being team killed a couple times for no apparent reason. The game turned from fun to annoying to downright hateable. I have about 20ish days left on my premium. Will get the IS4 ironed out and see how close I can get to the IS7 and call it quits. Maybe in the Fall after a refresh or two the game will have a new feeling to it. Or maybe I will use what gold I have left in World of Warplanes.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It is like Wargaming knows. Like clockwork I got my Alpha test invite to World of Warplanes this morning lol.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Everyone seems to complain about the type 59, and then the autoloaders, etc... The french tanks can be penned by a tier 2 tanks. The easiest defense against them is to just stay in groups, 3 tanks can rape most french tanks before they get off more than 1 shot. Also, shoot them with HE, high chance to still pen + track, so not only are they tracked, but you hit them for alot more damage. As arty, while I may fear the french for thier speed, I love hitting them, as they are easily one shotted on a direct hit and severly damage on a near miss. The reason the autoloader rapes in pubs, is b/c no one sticks together and everyone rolls thier own way. You will rarely come out ahead in a 1v1 against an autoloader.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Watched a video showing the pros and cons of the new American TDs coming out in patch 7.2. Has me excited again and I don't usually get excited by new tanks in this game. I just love the slugger so much that anything that improves upon it has me smiling. The new American TDs looks very promising indeed.

The video also showed off the new physics model that will allow tanks to go over cliffs and leave the ground. That will be a big game play changer when they implement it(no word when that happens). NO more hanging from a cliff and shooting downward. Now you can actually go over and off and even land on top of the enemy. Imagine having a big ole hunk of steel crashing down on you. LOL Also if you go into water you can drown/die if you just stay there. Definitely going to make people play different in the various terrains on the maps.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
For the new physics model, does the tank take damages depending on the height of the drop? Can the tank go belly up after a fall?

P.S. looks like 7.2 is to be released on March 30

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
For the new physics model, does the tank take damages depending on the height of the drop? Can the tank go belly up after a fall?

P.S. looks like 7.2 is to be released on March 30

According to the tech demo the tank will take damage depending on how far and fast it falls.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
So where did the T34 premium end up? I saw OP, then major nerf, then slight re-buff. I hope they didn't leave that idiotic turret traverse rate of 18. That's about Slugger/Wolverine speed!

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
So where did the T34 premium end up? I saw OP, then major nerf, then slight re-buff. I hope they didn't leave that idiotic turret traverse rate of 18. That's about Slugger/Wolverine speed!

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I dont need that tank to be OP, just a money machine. If they kept the 246ish pen on that gun, it should be able to hurt tier 9/10s, which will be nice.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
1. Remove no damage (critical) hits
2. Add co-op mode
3. Update graphics to 2011-2012 standards
4. Reduce penetration modifier value
5. All gold items should refund gold, not credits
6. Address the short range invisible tank issue
7. Reduce tier span in match making. I have 3 tier 9 tanks, shooting tier 4 is no fun at all.
Optional: 8. Add map selection. Malinovka is a demoralizing map to say the least.

If WOT does this it will become a great game.

Mar 10, 2005
i'm not sure a 9-10% reduction in ROF is going to do anything to nerf the french. there is still no game mechanic to counter the introduction of the autoloader.

i still don't see any addressing of matchmaking, and now i'm sure they never will. why would they kill their revenue generator?

if i win the lottery, i'm making a tank game that is all fun and no bullshit.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
For all you know, a developer posts (or lurks) on these forums.

At the risk of being banned from this thread..In the event one does. How about a new premium tank? I did not buy a Type 59 and sorely wish to buy a credit machine! I have a severe credit shortage.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
At the risk of being banned from this thread..In the event one does. How about a new premium tank? I did not buy a Type 59 and sorely wish to buy a credit machine! I have a severe credit shortage.

OMG you are a terrible human being.

<.<

>.>

I lurv my type 59... should be type 69 amirite!

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well, I worked on my Slugger and T-82 crew secondary skills to get them up pre patch. I hope the server is back up before I go to work tomorrow afternoon. I'll set it to download while I'm at work if it is.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006

Screw that.

Give the American Medium line an M48 or M60.